TNA reportedly up for sale

E#37

On Saturday’s Wrestling Observer radio, Dave Meltzer confirmed that TNA is up for sale. TNA Executive Vice President, Creative & Talent Relations John Gaburick told PWI that TNA is seeking outside investors to come on board with the company.

“TNA has been in in strategic partnership talks with several major global media companies and investment firms about the company’s next phase of growth.”

Gaburick confirmed that TNA President Dixie Carter and the “TNA Executive team” was in Los Angeles for meetings with possible investors earlier this week. He also noted that Carter was in New York City recently.

“TNA CEO Dixie Carter has talked in recent media interviews about the company’s execution of its 5-year growth plan” and that the meetings were in line with making those plans happen, adding, “It’s a very exciting time for TNA.”

TNA currently airs Impact Wrestling on Tuesday night’s on Pop TV.

For those wondering about Panda Energy, they stopped funding TNA several months ago. That is why TNA moved their payroll to the offices in Nashville. I’m not sure if Panda is still listed as their official owner but there is no money coming to TNA from them so the company is basically relying on their international TV deals to keep them afloat. Their deal with Pop TV is believed to be a barter deal.

How does looking for outside investors get translated to TNA being up for sale? Lol @ these rumors though.

This.

I'll give Meltzer the benefit of the doubt and say that his words were twisted by the writer. Nothing in the article indicates that TNA is for sale aside from the line "quoted" that says TNA is for sale. Investors pay for a percentage in a company. Sure, they could buy 51% for control but I don't expect that to happen. It's very common for businesses to look for investors. WWE has investors too... http://ir.corporate.wwe.com/GenPage.aspx?IID=4121687&GKP=208646

Anyway...I love how it's always a "very exciting time" for TNA. Doesn't matter what's happening...it's an exciting goddamn time. They love to find ways to sugarcoat things over there.

"According to reports AJ Styles has left TNA. He was basically seen as THE Mister TNA and when the news reached the TNA locker room they were having a very exciting time."

Archived