Deadpool (Film Series)

Mr.Dreadful

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw the trailer proper in the Dolby theater last night (before Avengers)...and it looks amazing. Which makes me wonder why I'm hearing reviews that lazily say "more of the same".

Because, it doesn't really look like that at all. It's a shoot-em-up and an action movie. Of course it was always going to be. But, there are so many awesome characters in this...it could never be a rehashed version of the first. And everyone looks great.

Saw it yesterday, it was good. Not what I was expecting but still good. Didn't have that many big laughs for me. Think because I saw it alone without any of my friends(I enjoy movies Way better when I'm with my friends) Idk if spoiler but I'll add tags anyway along with other Spoilers

So the next movie ISN'T Deadpool 3 but X-Force right? Believe that what I've read

And the Stan Lee cameo is VERY easy to miss if your not looking. It's just a painting of him. Also I didn't know Brad Pitt himself played Vanisher and Matt Damon was also in it lol

- Yeah there's gonna be an X-Force movie

- The way they handled X-Force in this movie was *censored*ing ace :lol:

- Josh Brolin is *censored*ing killing it

- Domino and Yukio <3

- the X-men cameo in the mansion :lol: holy shit

- best post-credits scene(s) ever, pretty sure lmao

- Juggernaut's theme is a *censored*ing banger

- I like how Vanessa is basically the movie Deadpool's version of Death now

Recently found out that the people who did the Deadpool (X-Force) Rap, and the original from the first originally made a rap for the Deadpool game, the people for the movie liked it so much, they asked them to re-write some of the lyrics and put it in the first movie. Find that pretty awesome. TeamHeadKick is the YouTube channel btw

• 2 weeks later...

Saw DP2 last night.

Here's a rundown of my thoughts:

Deadpool himself - Meh. The humor is getting stale to me. This movie definitely needed the side characters and wouldn't have been able to stand on its own legs without them. More than anything, this movie made me want a Cable or Domino spinoff in a serious role, without Deadpool present at all.

Colossus - perfect again, as always

Cable - great adaptation. No complaints at all. Just solid.

Domino - probably my favorite character in the movie. Wasn't expecting her "luck" to play such an entertaining part in the action, but she really added something special. Also digging the modern character herself. Actress did a great job with the role. Definitely want to see more of her.

Juggernaut - a big surprise to me...not something I expected at all. His "I'm gonna rip you in half now" line was brilliant. Easily the best that Juggernaut has been represented thus far in cinema. Once again proving that comic book movies are better when they allow darker material and stay true to the nature of the characters.

X-Men cameo - again, entirely unexpected...and a great moment that had the entire theater laughing.

Shatterstar - kinda bummed about his minimal role and swift death. But I guess he could come back via time travel, since Deadpool seems to be on a tear of bringing people back and altering the past.

Alpha Flight easter egg - I actually missed this and my brother pointed it out to me after the movie. Was an advert on a taxi cab for an airline or something. Obviously would love to see the proper team at some point...but the easter egg was amusing.

Other random shit - funny seeing Matt Damon and Brad Pitt for 2 seconds each. Hilarious seeing Deadpool go back to kill the first Deadpool from the X-Men trilogy (wondering if this could potentially change Logan's timeline as well, so he's not dead lol). Also hilarious seeing him shoot Ryan Reynolds before he took the Green Lantern part. Lmao.

I fully expect some more crazy shit to happen now that Wade has the ability to timetravel, and the director said that the post credits stuff was all canon. So, the next movie (which is hopefully just called X-Force or something, and not Deadpool 3)...that should be a great movie with lots of potential for more cameos and stuff. Also interested in what they're going to do with the Copycat character (if anything).

Saw DP2 last night.

Here's a rundown of my thoughts:

Deadpool himself - Meh. The humor is getting stale to me. This movie definitely needed the side characters and wouldn't have been able to stand on its own legs without them. More than anything, this movie made me want a Cable or Domino spinoff in a serious role, without Deadpool present at all.

Colossus - perfect again, as always

Cable - great adaptation. No complaints at all. Just solid.

Domino - probably my favorite character in the movie. Wasn't expecting her "luck" to play such an entertaining part in the action, but she really added something special. Also digging the modern character herself. Actress did a great job with the role. Definitely want to see more of her.

Juggernaut - a big surprise to me...not something I expected at all. His "I'm gonna rip you in half now" line was brilliant. Easily the best that Juggernaut has been represented thus far in cinema. Once again proving that comic book movies are better when they allow darker material and stay true to the nature of the characters.

X-Men cameo - again, entirely unexpected...and a great moment that had the entire theater laughing.

Shatterstar - kinda bummed about his minimal role and swift death. But I guess he could come back via time travel, since Deadpool seems to be on a tear of bringing people back and altering the past.

Alpha Flight easter egg - I actually missed this and my brother pointed it out to me after the movie. Was an advert on a taxi cab for an airline or something. Obviously would love to see the proper team at some point...but the easter egg was amusing.

Other random shit - funny seeing Matt Damon and Brad Pitt for 2 seconds each. Hilarious seeing Deadpool go back to kill the first Deadpool from the X-Men trilogy (wondering if this could potentially change Logan's timeline as well, so he's not dead lol). Also hilarious seeing him shoot Ryan Reynolds before he took the Green Lantern part. Lmao.

I fully expect some more crazy shit to happen now that Wade has the ability to timetravel, and the director said that the post credits stuff was all canon. So, the next movie (which is hopefully just called X-Force or something, and not Deadpool 3)...that should be a great movie with lots of potential for more cameos and stuff. Also interested in what they're going to do with the Copycat character (if anything).

I think Reynolds said DP3 isn't happening and the next movie will just be an X-Force movie

Saw it yesterday, it was good. Not what I was expecting but still good. Didn't have that many big laughs for me. Think because I saw it alone without any of my friends(I enjoy movies Way better when I'm with my friends) Idk if spoiler but I'll add tags anyway along with other Spoilers

So the next movie ISN'T Deadpool 3 but X-Force right? Believe that what I've read

And the Stan Lee cameo is VERY easy to miss if your not looking. It's just a painting of him. Also I didn't know Brad Pitt himself played Vanisher and Matt Damon was also in it lol

Yeah, I feel the same. I think it's quite good but didn't make me laugh the same way the first one did.

Archived