Deadpool (Film Series)

Mr.Dreadful

Earlier this summer, CGI test footage for the long-in-development DEADPOOL movie was unleashed onto the world, providing two minutes of laughs and butt-kicking complete with voice work by Ryan Reynolds. After the footage leaked, many speculated the highly-positive fan reaction may be the shot in the arm the project needed to get up-and-running. Luckily, that seems to be just the case as 20th Century Fox confirmed yesterday that they are moving forward with production on DEADPOOL, setting the film for a February 12th, 2016 release.

With the far-reaching plans that both Marvel Studios and DC/Warner Bros. have been setting in place with their comic book films, its easy to see the kind of pressure Fox must be under to compete. The critical and financial success of X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST earlier this year proved that Fox is still capable of standing toe-to-toe with the comic book giants, but with limited properties left on their slate, Fox is going to have to work hard to keep what characters they still hold. And with DAYS OF FUTURE PAST retconning the previous portrayal of Deadpool in X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE, this may finally be the fan-favorite’s time to shine.

As of now, director Tim Miller (the digital SFX wizard behind the leaked short) and Reynolds are still attached to the film that will likely be produced by longtime X-MEN figurehead Lauren Schuler-Donner. And with the set release date, this means DEADPOOL will make his way into the X-MEN universe once more before the next major franchise release, X-MEN: APOCALYPSE. But most intriguingly, DEADPOOL looks to offer this question: can a meta, R-rated superhero be a blockbuster moneymaker, especially one led by the hit-or-miss Reynolds?

Alongside the mysterious FANTASTIC FOUR reboot next year, DEADPOOL looks to prove Fox has something different to offer comic fans in Post-AVENGERS Hollywood. Stay with STARLOG for more news on the film as it becomes available.

http://www.starlog.com/deadpool-to-hit-theaters-in-2016/

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Ryan Reynolds addresses PG-13 report

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUEkqZxLyrg

LMAO. and yeah, that was Ryan Reynolds in the Deadpool outfit

FIRST ON SET PHOTO!!!

dowk0h.jpg

a SHIT TON more on set photos at this link \/

http://www.justjared.com/2015/04/06/ryan-reynoldss-full-deadpool-suit-gets-pictured-on-set/?r=readmore

NEW teaser trailer (Aug,3)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPZHBjyUGhQ

the red band trailer is in the link below.(i'll post a youtube link as soon as there is a vid of it up where you dont have to sign in to view it)

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/trailers/468427-the-red-band-deadpool-trailer-is-here#/slide/1

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Boooooooring. Deadpool is cool and all, but Marvel need to stop milking shit

Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Deadpool the game

Yeah totally being milked.

There was also Marvel Ultimate Alliance and X-Men Legends.....but I'm assuming you're talking about more recently

Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Deadpool the game

I'm talking about Marvel in general not just Deadpool. I like Deadpool and am glad he's finally getting a movie, I just get bored of Marvel movies.

Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Deadpool the game

I'm talking about Marvel in general not just Deadpool. I like Deadpool and am glad he's finally getting a movie, I just get bored of Marvel movies.

Then don't see it lol?

I probably wont go. Doesn't change that Marvel movies are often sub-par and they like to milk the movies much like most popular things.

Besides I've already said Deadpool is one of the few that deserves a movie.

I probably wont go. Doesn't change that Marvel movies are often sub-par and they like to milk the movies much like most popular things.

It's not just marvel movies, it's basically all superhero movies for the most part. And I get how it can be a bit of bummer to have your favorite character thrown a sub par movie.

It's not just marvel movies, it's basically all superhero movies for the most part. And I get how it can be a bit of bummer to have your favorite character thrown a sub par movie.

Agreed. It sucks the X-Men movies (and the standalone Wolverine movies) were shoddy as the X-Men has always been a fave of mine. I haven't seen Days of Future Past yet so I cannot speak for that. I just pray that Deadpool is semi-decent at the least.

Archived