We as CAWs Members

Ziggy Vercetti

Now before I start,this isn't about kissing each others asses or circle jerk bullshit. Just figured we all should unite one time and set all judgments aside. Mods if ya'll see this going in a off topic F&G direction or just downhill,then feel free to close or move :cool: Just thought I'll give this a shot since that award thread got me thinking.

Anyway, I've been around since 2011 and when I say that their has been a huge change within how things are between then and now I mean it's a huge change. Whether it has been with members coming and going,how the site is ran,etc. Everything to me back then was so chilled even with the few trolls that posted back then. The GFX section was hot,everyone was minding their own at most,RPG section was hot,etc I can go on but now it seems like if you say something or opinions are different from everyone else's then you're done for. Has been for awhile now or at least from what I've seen. Someone said in the awards thread that originality or individuality is missing from most members... Doesn't having different opinions from everyone else count as those things? So why must one be attacked for it? Let that person do them no matter how much of a hard on you get to express your attempts to get a few "ha-ha's" from everyone and attack that person for not following in your belief of whatever the subject is. We all got our own actions in what we say on here. Some might not like it but it is what it is and nobody should be criticized for it. Now I know that some members or just that one member will come in here like always and post some ish like "oh it's just the internet,don't take it srs blah blah blah."(not talking to the ones that actually say it as a joke :cool: ) All of that is very indeed true but this is still a community and you signed up for a reason other than to check out some CAWs. Guess what I'm wondering and getting at is,where should things start to at least make this site less segregated and ego internet boosted persona from one person to the next? Not saying that everything should go back to the way things were in 2011 or even when this forum was on the come up. For those that say they don't talk to anyone aside from a select few,here's the chance to talk to others or seek why most members do certain things that you question. Your choice though since I said that this isn't about ass kissing. Discuss whatever,if this thread goes well then cool. If not then cool.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The dynamic of the forum has changed with the dynamic of society as a whole. Things have gone downhill in the last decade, not only here on this forum, but in general. I've been here since 2006, and things were completely different back then. Like you said, it was actually fun. There were jerks...but they were easy enough to avoid. Now everyone is your enemy...and it's okay for some reason. And as far as originality is concerned...that's another huge point that I agree with. But, that's another "sign of the times" type thing. People are content to play "follow the leader" if they find a member that they think is funny or cool...and the next thing you know, everyone has sigs and avatars that all look the same, and they're all posting with the same slang in an attempt to impress whoever the flavor of the month is. I've just come to accept it. When I point things like that out, I'm called "that old guy" and I get voted "worst member of the year". :lol:

Jesus christ, do some paragraphs, man!

Internet can be just as serious as real life - I mean, not even a month ago I was playing pool with The D - who lives in a different country. I went to his hometown because I consider him an actual friend - and I met him here.

This place is still alright, but I liked it better when Austinfan, Sacrilegium, D.A.N, doG, Edgehead, Whiterhyno, London and so on were more active. Some of them just dissapeared and some of them were banned. CAW-making was "more fun" back around 06 to before Paint tool and image-uploads and CC were a thing, too. Some great stuff was churned out and a lot of techniques were exchanged and collaborations and stuff. D.A.N did great stuff in the gaming section with a lot of debates and the sort.

My original post in the award thingy was sort of what sparked the whole originality debate. It's just as much me not coming here enough or reading enough posts and "not caring" enough to know who's who as it is people being "lol rekt smh bae fam". Neither helps the situation. All the drama regards someone catfishing someone and another member being someone else or whatever never registered with me - I didn't give a shit and knew none of the involved, despite it being a huge thing. It might be because I'm going on 30, it being my 10th year. I should probably go die behind the shed instead of hang around here. But I like it!

I don't agree with the different opinions = done for bit. Generations gets into debate almost daily, as he's still here and appreciated - the place would be different without him for better or worse.

But, shit, people sure got their assholes all rimmed about being forgetable or bland.

Now before I start,this isn't about kissing each others asses or circle jerk bullshit. Just figured we all should unite one time and set all judgments aside. Mods if ya'll see this going in a off topic F&G direction or just downhill,then feel free to close or move :cool: Just thought I'll give this a shot since that award thread got me thinking.

Anyway, I've been around since 2011 and when I say that their has been a huge change within how things are between then and now I mean it's a huge change. Whether it has been with members coming and going,how the site is ran,etc. Everything to me back then was so chilled even with the few trolls that posted back then. The GFX section was hot,everyone was minding their own at most,RPG section was hot,etc I can go on but now it seems like if you say something or opinions are different from everyone else's then you're done for. Has been for awhile now or at least from what I've seen. Someone said in the awards thread that originality or individuality is missing from most members... Doesn't having different opinions from everyone else count as those things? So why must one be attacked for it? Let that person do them no matter how much of a hard on you get to express your attempts to get a few "ha-ha's" from everyone and attack that person for not following in your belief of whatever the subject is. We all got our own actions in what we say on here. Some might not like it but it is what it is and nobody should be criticized for it. Now I know that some members or just that one member will come in here like always and post some ish like "oh it's just the internet,don't take it srs blah blah blah."(not talking to the ones that actually say it as a joke :cool: ) All of that is very indeed true but this is still a community and you signed up for a reason other than to check out some CAWs. Guess what I'm wondering and getting at is,where should things start to at least make this site less segregated and ego internet boosted persona from one person to the next? Not saying that everything should go back to the way things were in 2011 or even when this forum was on the come up. For those that say they don't talk to anyone aside from a select few,here's the chance to talk to others or seek why most members do certain things that you question. Your choice though since I said that this isn't about ass kissing. Discuss whatever,if this thread goes well then cool. If not then cool.

I saw the shit storm i started after that, and didn't even get to comment back because it was closed.

But I've been here since 2008, and we had lots of characters that came and went through the years. When i made that post i wasn't really meaning for it to come off as a "vets" vs "Golden Era" vs "New/Current" I was just saying that i don't really see the characters that I saw before granted they were all banned/left on their own.

When it happened in 2008 members replaced the others i don't wanna start listing out names but you knew other members and you logged in and knew something interesting would have been said or some thread would be having solid arguments/discussion.

I don't think we have those anymore like I feel like then Gen chat section used to always have threads and many people posting in them and more than 3 pages of discussion on any one topic. I look now and the only popular threads are the ones that have been around for months/years.

It probably has to do with the WWE's current product, and maybe they way the site is structured because i didn't even know other sections existed my first year on caws. I believe the site is due an upgrade tbh. And more forum inclusive events that get all sections involved.

The dynamic of the forum has changed with the dynamic of society as a whole. Things have gone downhill in the last decade, not only here on this forum, but in general. I've been here since 2006, and things were completely different back then. Like you said, it was actually fun. There were jerks...but they were easy enough to avoid. Now everyone is your enemy...and it's okay for some reason. And as far as originality is concerned...that's another huge point that I agree with. But, that's another "sign of the times" type thing. People are content to play "follow the leader" if they find a member that they think is funny or cool...and the next thing you know, everyone has sigs and avatars that all look the same, and they're all posting with the same slang in an attempt to impress whoever the flavor of the month is. I've just come to accept it. When I point things like that out, I'm called "that old guy" and I get voted "worst member of the year". :lol:

well, the way you argue and stuff are why you get called the worst. You act condescending and as if you're right and know it all and the other is wrong.

There's nothing wrong with CAWs evolving, but it's evolved into bunch of people bitching about a thread that should be locked even though they're bumping it up and laughing at and encouraging people to post dumb stuff like "omfg die wrestler die in a fiery pits of hell you aids bitch*censored*era;gh;aghs" and criticize when others don't like it. You present an unpopular opinion, and it gets attacked, as seen when someone praises Bella or says they miss the Bellas. Things just feel more hostile than it used to be.

My original post in the award thingy was sort of what sparked the whole originality debate. It's just as much me not coming here enough or reading enough posts and "not caring" enough to know who's who as it is people being "lol rekt smh bae fam". Neither helps the situation. All the drama regards someone catfishing someone and another member being someone else or whatever never registered with me - I didn't give a shit and knew none of the involved, despite it being a huge thing. It might be because I'm going on 30, it being my 10th year. I should probably go die behind the shed instead of hang around here. But I like it!

This point says about everything that needs to be said.

I used to enjoy the hell out of this forum back when I first joined back in '06. I feel less inclined to get involved these days as I find most topics too often turn sour. Members either getting easily offended with simple opinions or turning debates into p*ssing matches due to inflated 'ego's' or what have you. I'm not saying these things didn't have a few years ago, not at all. To me however, I feel like you could have a decent debate or share opinions without being jumped on instantly.

As Gen mentioned it could be more of a society as a whole. I don't know.

I'm not gonna read all that, but I'm curious to know from staff people how the new member numbers are compared to past years. How many new people are being raked in every fall? I feel like the numbers would go down year to year due to community creations, but I really have no way of knowing that. I'll just say that it used to he more fun here, but that doesn't mean I hate the place now or anything. It will only improve with good new members or improved members, as there's plenty of great members who started off as shit members.

I used to enjoy the hell out of this forum back when I first joined back in '06. I feel less inclined to get involved these days as I find most topics too often turn sour. Members either getting easily offended with simple opinions or turning debates into p*ssing matches due to inflated 'ego's' or what have you. I'm not saying these things didn't have a few years ago, not at all. To me however, I feel like you could have a decent debate or share opinions without being jumped on instantly.

As Gen mentioned it could be more of a society as a whole. I don't know.

100% agreed

Which sucks for the members that felt or feel like they can express their own opinions. They see that another member getting shit on for their opinion and might think that the same will happen to them.

I remember when I first started here, there were plenty of people who were *censored*s to those who weren't in their clique. That was around 2008.

I'm a vet.

Anyway, the way I look at it is that it could've been much worse. I don't think people are necessarily backing eachother up in internet beefs or that people are being targeted or that things are made personal, other than maybe with Tonshaad or glicthman. Feel like part of that is on them though. That's mostly the WWE Universe-section. We used to have more characters here, but as Sam said, people will pop up again. So yeah, that's my two cents for now.

You know, I kinda appreciate this topic being made. I feel we all (and me too, definitely) are often, like, extremely cynical. Whenever an effort is made to bring a point up it's "lolol y so srs brah" and I mean, sure, you don't have to take a wrestling forum serious at all, but I feel like you don't have to bring a negative mentality in either. It ruins it for those that either do take it serious or at the very least wanna have a good time.

I do believe the place has lost a lot of smart people who could argue well, and in exchange got a lot of (pardon the term) swaggots who are like walking vines posting everywhere. Everyone can have their preferences, of course, but the forum is just kind of in a loop of slowly deteriorating. Less knowledge/wisdom/whatever you wanna call it doesn't have to equal less manners. And respect is kind of on the downhill, for sure. That's not to say you have to respect someone who's being an asshole, but in general there's a lot of hostility. Or at least there was 4-6 months ago. Just manners, man. Live and let live.

Like, yeah, I do find a lot of the thirst cringey, and everytime I look into the WWE section I'm like "ugh, really dude?" But that doesn't mean the people who are meant deserve shitty treatment. It's just opinions. Ones that don't even do anything bad, mind you.

As for the originality thing, I honestly don't care. I have an easy time remembering usernames etc. and that's how I see most people. Some have a distinct posting styles, others don't. I don't think I'm original, yet I know for sure there's a solid amount of people who don't think of me as irrelevant or even shitty, which I most definitely appreciate.

Just be excellent to each other.

I'm probably one of the few who thinks this forum is fine the way it is. Sure, it has its fair share of downsides, but don't think they're anything major. I also disagree with the "attacked if they have an unpopular opinion" part. To me, if someone has an unpopular opinion here, the most others try to get is a debate out if it. There are some who get defensive and play the "opinion" card when something they say is plain wrong and it's discussed, which needlessly takes the argument into an altogether different direction. That is more often than not the cause of so many arguments here.

There are people who think there's an agenda of some sorts against those with a different opinion and constantly come up with the "double standards" crap when it's something as simple as a disagreement because the subject being discussed is either not subjective in the first place or just brings out heated debates. I don't think replying to an unpopular opinion in the manner that's being talked about here is something I consider to be the norm, even though it's certainly made out to be. But it's more often than not just an apt response to something that can hardly be considered an opinion or towards certain guys who ask for it with their attitude.

"You present an unpopular opinion, and it gets attacked, as seen when someone praises Bella or says they miss the Bellas"

This is the perfect example of twisting words to suit your agenda. No one gets attacked for praising Bellas or saying they miss them. It's when they say shit like they're better than certain performers who are so obviously superior that they're met with a somewhat hostile reaction. Hell, even that is an exaggeration. It's more often than not just a GIF reaction or one-liner to make light of the situation and everyone moves on. At times it turns into an ugly spat but the base reason is hardly ever completely unwarranted.

Also think people should be more relaxed here and figure out when people are just kidding around and when they're actually serious. If reading stuff that is so obviously in jest "X is cancer" or "HOPE X DIES" actually offends you, you need to get a grip. That is typical Internet banter, seriously.

So yeah, I believe it's more often than not just making a mountain out of a molehill or completely running away with what you want to see without bothering to consider the factors behind the said arguments.

This post isn't directed towards anyone in specific btw, just my two cents towards this whole belief about the forum.

I remember when I first started here, there were plenty of people who were *censored*s to those who weren't in their clique. That was around 2008.

Oh yeah when I first came in 2008, that was awful. People would be right *censored*s to you, it seems more welcoming now but since here 8 years, I guess I honestly have no idea being on the 'inside'.

Making it WWE, or gaming specific would really help out. WWE games are a dying art.

CHRZ is one to respect in terms of not going with the grain. He seems to over do it at times but he likes who he likes.

The community can be toxic and polarizing at times, but even if I've reacted wrong ways to certain things done to me, I can say this community has treated me fine. I've said things and done things I regret, but learn from them. CAWs has changed since I first joined in 2012, but you just have to find a way to stand out.

Whether it be avy sets, a posting style like Austin, or me being a complete thirsty, raging idiot at times, make it stand out to the community. Show them what you have to offer, whether positive or negative. If it's positive, great, but if it's negative, you can't please everyone. Do what you do best, just don't change just to impress a whole crowd.

Yes, I've heard of people being attacked for differing opinions, but stand your ground on your opinion and realize it's like that on the internet. I do admit this forum has had its better days but as great posters become inactive, new ones should be able to take their place in the next generation. Just find a way for that to be you.

Oh yeah when I first came in 2008, that was awful. People would be right *censored*s to you, it seems more welcoming now but since here 8 years, I guess I honestly have no idea being on the 'inside'.

Making it WWE, or gaming specific would really help out. WWE games are a dying art.

CHRZ is one to respect in terms of not going with the grain. He seems to over do it at times but he likes who he likes.

ThreeG wants to make it gaming specific so bad but Tom Rice doesn't. It's an on going battle.

As for my opinion on the matter - sure the forum could be better, but as a whole, I think this community is great. I just wish more members out there would get in on the action. I feel like "noobs" these days don't have a chance. It's not because of any of you, it's just not happening. We are still getting members left and right joining the site, but they post a few times and they're gone. There is nothing really that catches their eye to stay. I think we really need to work on making this place more alive.

The honest truth to this is the main guy stopping all this. Tom Rice.

We've been promised a skin since WWE2k14 and it's nowhere to be seen. If we wanted to do something special for the forum such as a contest or something, I just can't see it being that popular other than the members who are already here.

I miss the constant debates without the flaming as well. I've actually looked in the past at topics that were years ago and checked the debates and of course there was the minor bickering but nothing major. Now it turns into a report, which leads to one of the mods having to warn someone. It really sucks having to make sure to warn people not to get too harsh in a topic because you don't want it closed. In fact a few weeks ago I went into a topic and asked people to not be offensive and someone called me a buzzkill. I just didn't want the dang topic closed. SO tired of seeing topics closed because so many people can't take a debate. I understand things are hurtful and all but mannnn...debate about it and if you feel like you're getting too heated, leave the topic.

Just my random ramblings I think we need to fix with this forum while this topic is up. lol

I'm still trying to work out who Ryder Zack is...

His name is Rack Zyder. He teamed up with the Rock JR. at a live event for a local promotion in Miami. (I think it was Miami, not sure though.)

I like most people and I always enjoy a laugh, but I also like an argument. I don't really have any serious negative feelings towards anyone. I just happen to like some of you less.

I still think this place is fun. I cherish the acquaintances I've made.

His name is Rack Zyder. He teamed up with the Rock JR. at a live event for a local promotion in Miami. (I think it was Miami, not sure though.)
Oh yeah I think I heard of him. Great talent that dude.

There is nothing really that catches their eye to stay. I think we really need to work on making this place more alive.

Coming from the team that changed the thread title from Sexiest Women to Most Pretty.

Okay imma get this off my chest Ziggy lol, I like you man but your "In *insert GIF here*" or even just the random black twitter like emoticon or reaction pictures annoy the *Censored* out of me. ? You cool though, I just want to tell you to stop when I see you post that though.

ThreeG wants to make it gaming specific so bad but Tom Rice doesn't. It's an on going battle.

As for my opinion on the matter - sure the forum could be better, but as a whole, I think this community is great. I just wish more members out there would get in on the action. I feel like "noobs" these days don't have a chance. It's not because of any of you, it's just not happening. We are still getting members left and right joining the site, but they post a few times and they're gone. There is nothing really that catches their eye to stay. I think we really need to work on making this place more alive.

We've been promised a skin since WWE2k14 and it's nowhere to be seen. If we wanted to do something special for the forum such as a contest or something, I just can't see it being that popular other than the members who are already here.

I miss the constant debates without the flaming as well. I've actually looked in the past at topics that were years ago and checked the debates and of course there was the minor bickering but nothing major. Now it turns into a report, which leads to one of the mods having to warn someone. It really sucks having to make sure to warn people not to get too harsh in a topic because you don't want it closed. In fact a few weeks ago I went into a topic and asked people to not be offensive and someone called me a buzzkill. I just didn't want the dang topic closed. SO tired of seeing topics closed because so many people can't take a debate. I understand things are hurtful and all but mannnn...debate about it and if you feel like you're getting too heated, leave the topic.

Just my random ramblings I think we need to fix with this forum while this topic is up. lol

I think it boils down to people actually reporting someone. I can't remember ever reporting anyone for anything they said or did to me. I only remember reporting Edgasm, cause he changed his name to Mustacio, which sort of pissed me off back then.

I would honestly never report a topic or a debate, or another member for saying someone to me, or in a topic. At the end of the day, it's just words and not hurting anyone. At worst, it'll turn into a goddamn hilarious story of two people just yelling at eachother over something that probably isn't worth yelling over.

I motion towards no reports, warns or topic locks in 2016. Unless it's like porn or gore or some shit. If people on here are genuinely racist - let them be racist, it's a persuasion just as everything else is - it's retarded, but a side of a coin still.

maybe some of the negroes will even leave.

There is nothing really that catches their eye to stay. I think we really need to work on making this place more alive.

Coming from the team that changed the thread title from Sexiest Women to Most Pretty.

This is because google was REALLY angry at us. We had to edit it because it would appear on google if you typed in sexiest divas or whatever.

No ads, no site.

I think it boils down to people actually reporting someone. I can't remember ever reporting anyone for anything they said or did to me. I only remember reporting Edgasm, cause he changed his name to Mustacio, which sort of pissed me off back then.

I would honestly never report a topic or a debate, or another member for saying someone to me, or in a topic. At the end of the day, it's just words and not hurting anyone. At worst, it'll turn into a goddamn hilarious story of two people just yelling at eachother over something that probably isn't worth yelling over.

I motion towards no reports, warns or topic locks in 2016. Unless it's like porn or gore or some shit. If people on here are genuinely racist - let them be racist, it's a persuasion just as everything else is - it's retarded, but a side of a coin still.

maybe some of the negroes will even leave.

I....was not expecting that last sentence.

and I've tried to keep topics open (Hulk Hogan topic comes to mind) and we would legit get like 10 reports, not counting PMs, etc. Its never easy.

Archived