Alternate Attires - (4/26/2016) Harlem Heat Spring Stampede '97

WarGreymon77

I'm thinking about making some legends pack attires. I'll do significantly more of these when the Hall of Fame Showcase DLC comes out. Speaking of which, I'm gonna need some textures for the Madusa 1996/97 attire (the red trunks and starry top). For now I've got these. My DDP has sleeves... Sorry about that. I was going off a real picture. I think I may have uploaded a Macho Man Halloween Havoc '96 attire as well. I made a few other DDP attires but didn't upload them, for reasons. Bolded is the name uploaded to Community Creations (PS4). I always put "Remember to set as alt attire" in the description because I don't set up personal info for these, and the attributes are too complicated for me (HCTP made it simple with the strength, endurance, speed, etc.).

Diamond Vest (Diamond Dallas Page)

Tags: DALLAS_DIAMOND_PAGE (blame 2K), Diamond Dallas Page, DDP

DmJ6nHD.jpg

20VASts.jpg

nWo 1998 (Bret Hart)

Tags: BRET_HART, WCW, nWo

6QY4KgD.jpg

Meng (Haku)

Tags: WCW, Faces of Fear, Meng, HAKU

2JYnFXS.jpg

Nice job.

Just an FYI, you can actually copy the attributes and everything from original to new creations. I did it when I didn't want to use the in game names for Damien Sandow and Curtis Axel. Copied everything from them to my alternate attires. It copies attributes, moves, etc.

I was going to edit the OP, but I seem to be having issues.

Mega Powers WCW (or WCW Mega Powers, I forget which)

"The mega yeah, the mega yeah, the Mega Powers, yeah! MEGA POWERS, YEAH!" "...almost blew my 24 inch guns out, man!" - WWF SNME 1987

Attire based on WCW Monday Nitro, early 1996.

Tags: WCW, Macho Man, RANDY_SAVAGE, Mega Powers

KjDoTea.jpg

Stiiq9O.jpg

MEGA POWERS, YEAH!! Macho Man will live on in our hearts forever.

I don't know how to copy attributes from in-game wrestlers. I still wish I could change hair though. Meng did have his hair poofed out like that in WCW at one time, but that was near the end, like 2000.

When you go to edit movesets you can copy from someone else in game and that includes attributes and stuff not just moves.

This one is Dusty's post-retirement attire. Late WCW, early NWA:TNA maybe.

Denim Vest

C5ttCRd.jpg

Tags: Dusty_Rhodes, American Dream, WCW, WarGreymon77

I didn't upload this one because there were already a million NWA Dusty's. I looked at some photographs, but wasn't 100% sure on the entrance gear. Btw, what is that red... rash? on the left there (his right)?

oXs5VwF.jpg

• 1 month later...

I've been planning to create a Madusa alt for Alundra Blayze for a long time now. I haven't been able to find any Madusa textures, and the DLC comes out in a few days, so I decided to try creating her attire from scratch on a default CAW, and this is what I've got so far.

MneQNye.jpg

kWsanGI.jpg

The logos don't wrap around the back, since that's a lot of time to spend on a mock-up.

DLC plans! Madusa, Arn Anderson, Larry Z, Ric Flair, The Outsiders (probably just Nash), and maybe some Harlem Heat recolors.

All of these are uploaded. Tags for any of these: WARGREYMON77, WCW (sort by most recent). Hall of Fame Showcase DLC required!

Madusa, the star of the show. Madusa was the centerpiece female wrestler in WCW, and a bonafide badass if I do say so myself. I have a nostalgic soft spot for her. I painstakingly copied attributes and skills from Alundra Blayze (the auto copying in create a moveset didn't work), and I gave her an entrance. If you want, you can use her as a seperate wrestler. That's a first for my edits. I'm not a CAW maker, nor can I draw anything worth a damn, so this is my best effort. Unfortunately, Alundra's face in this game is not very convincing, and the hairstyle is not very Madusa, but it was either this or steal somebody's CAW and slap an attire on it, and I ain't gonna do that. Without further adieu,

sKgMRv1.jpg

The Living Legend, Larry Zbyszko!

Broadcaster attire from the July 28, 1997 edition of Monday Nitro. No matter what I do, it blurs the logo on the shirt. That was a high quality logo.

meDbWmE.jpg

The Enforcer (of the Four Horsemen), Arn Anderson

Would you believe there are no eyeglasses in this game for Double A? Oh well. This is wrestling attire anyway. But if they add story designer one day, they're going to need to add glasses!

BnJ7rU8.jpg

Harlem Heat

Same attire. Two different guys. One image. I wanted to do the gold and silver attires, but I can't seem to find matches where they wore them. I remember one guy wearing silver and the other wearing gold, but can't remember which was which. Oh well. Can't go wrong with classic black. I tried including the entrance gear thingy (you see it on their red attire) but it didn't it color very well, so I dropped it.

kxKiDzz.png

Ric "WOO!" Flair ('91 model)

I also created the green and yellow attire, which you may remember from War Games '96 or something around that time period. But I must've forgotten to take a screenshot.

mF9dFHo.jpg

CGsS9eQ.jpg

"Big Sexy, The Giant Killer" a.k.a. Kevin Nash

Red Outsiders attire.

wXd63WI.jpg?

Ric Flair Green

EjHMqFT.jpg

It's not much, but here's the missing Flair. I don't like this particular robe because of the frilly feather stuff, but I remember his green robe having a lot of naturey things on it. He wore the green trunks and yellow boots quite a bit during the early part of the "nWo era", perhaps most notably at War Games '96 and the PlayStation game WCW Nitro. Looking Back, I should have made the RF on his boots red.

• 1 month later...

We want the gold, sucka! This Harlem Heat Gold/Silver attire is based on Spring Stampede 1997, which I could find absolutely no footage of online, aside from that one "We comin' for you" video. On that night, if memory serves, they faced each other in singles competition for a shot at the world title, I think. Hence the different attires.

Booker T: Gold Harlem Heat

Tags: BOOKER_T, Booker T, WCW, Spring Stampede 1997, WarGreymon77

Stevie Ray: Silver Harlem Heat

Tags: STEVIE_RAY, Stevie Ray, WCW, Spring Stampede 1997, WarGreymon77

k2l5yp.jpg

2elxl6r.jpg

• 4 months later...

I've been trying to figure out the face photo capture in CAW mode. I hate the blasted thing! So far, most of my attempts (for example Hulk Hogan, Sting, Woman [Nancy Sullivan]) have turned out looking like shit. I can never figure out whether my pic is too big or too small. However, I seem to have had moderate success with (These are rush jobs, so the attire is rough)

WCW Referee Randy "Pee Wee" Anderson

Hfwchzr.jpg

The resemblence is... not really there. BUT he looks human!!

Pl7gecj.jpg

I know the "bow tie" looks horrible. But look at what this game gives me to work with. Anyway, onto...

The Taskmaster Kevin Sullivan

tyyDSuo.jpg

I had to use Paul Heyman's bald ponytail, since Hulk Hogan's hairstyle isn't in the game. Looking at you, 2K. I think Sullivan turned out pretty well, for some reason. But something is a bit off. I think I need to make him a little fatter.

Oh, and I was gonna try some other attires, like this Halloween Havoc '95 Sting, but I think the guys at WLF made every attire worth making.

vLnt3J5.jpg

I've got the WWE Network until Sept. 22nd, so I'm trying to gather some research and screenshots for belts, attires, and arenas. I'm going to see if I can make Madusa's earlier 1996 white trunks attire, but the only question going forward with all this stuff is, will I be staying with 2K16 or move up to 2K17 on October 11th? Not sure if I can get a logo for the back of Madusa's 1996 white entrance jacket. I might check out her match with Col. Parker one more time. If not, it'll just be plain white.

Archived