Batman: The Telltale Series

Generations

9QMnr8A.jpg

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Telltale Games today announced that the first episode of Batman - The Telltale Series will be released as a digital download in August on consoles, PC/Mac, and iOS or Android devices. The series will then be available at retail outlets beginning Sept. 13 as a special "Season Pass Disc." The disc includes the first episode of the season, and will grant access to the subsequent four episodes as they become available for download via online updates in North America. The series wil be available to purchase at retailers in Europe on Sept. 16.

http://comicbook.com/2016/07/15/batman-the-telltale-series-has-a-release-date/

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9QMnr8A.jpg

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Telltale Games today announced that the first episode of Batman - The Telltale Series will be released as a digital download in August on consoles, PC/Mac, and iOS or Android devices. The series will then be available at retail outlets beginning Sept. 13 as a special "Season Pass Disc." The disc includes the first episode of the season, and will grant access to the subsequent four episodes as they become available for download via online updates in North America. The series wil be available to purchase at retailers in Europe on Sept. 16.

http://comicbook.com/2016/07/15/batman-the-telltale-series-has-a-release-date/

Color me very interested now!

jvvKMkY.jpg

Trailer:

https://youtu.be/JyHDYn06ypY

It looks soooo good. I just have 1 very minor gripe and that's how ever since Nolan's films, they always make Alfred some doofus sounding cockney idiot (no offence intended to cockneys) it just doesn't sound as sophisticated as Alfred imo should be.

Amen on the Alfred comments. It often makes me wish they would somewhat make him more like Stick, from the Daredevil series on Netflix.

• 2 weeks later...

I was actually typing a comment about how I was surprised by how quickly this was coming out, citing that Telltale usually withholds information about games for a really long time (such as with WD season 3). I legitimately thought that Batman came out in September when I was typing that. Then I saw the post from Gamevolt about playing it, and I was like "well...shit". So, yeah...I just got the game like a month earlier than I thought it was coming. :lol:

I really enjoyed episode 1. The detective stuff is real fun, and decisions to be brutal or not is a nice touch. Reminds me a lot of wolf among us which makes me wish we got a s2 of that, or just anything DC in general. Got my fingers crossed for some future titles, like maybe Swamp Thing would work pretty well as a telltale title?

Noticed that the season pass for this isn't even a good deal. It's $25 for five episodes, or $5 each.

It's exactly the same either way. I'll just pay on a per-episode basis.

Yeah I noticed that. I wonder if they will lower the price and refund those who already brought it. It's what they did with the Game of Thrones season pass they refunded me £4.99 because they changed the price a week or 2 later.

I decided not to bother with the Season pass as well, but episode 1 was great. I did a heroic playthrough with little brutality, on my 2nd playthrough I'll probably do a brutal run.

Yeah I done the same. Broke arms but didn't destroy Falcone. I had a weird Bats voice in my head where I couldn't "cross the line" too far. ?

• 1 month later...

Episode 2 ending spoiler

The ending choice though... I don't know. I'm sure Selina survives if we save Harvey but at the same time it would probably just delay the inevitable, plus I kinda wanted to see Harvey as two-face

Episode 2 ending spoiler

The ending choice though... I don't know. I'm sure Selina survives if we save Harvey but at the same time it would probably just delay the inevitable, plus I kinda wanted to see Harvey as two-face

Another episode 2 ending spoiler

You, me and 63.5% of players chose to save Selina, on my 2nd playthrough I'm gonna do the other and see what happens. I have a feeling you're right though because Harvey has to become Two-Face.

Huge spoilers, my thoughts on some things

One thing I love about this story is that Thomas and Martha Wayne aren't good guys. In basically every Batman story, the two are basically Jesus Christ and it's this horrible tragedy they were shot..In this version, it was just their own criminal undoing. I really like that. Everything Batman thought he was fighting for was a lie.

And I feel like Harvey was destined to become Two Face regardless if you saved him. I checked both endings, and Gordon does mention that the "scars will be permanent" so I think you only deny the inevitable tbh. Not saving Selina means you'd probably never get her trust back and you'll end up losing Harvey anyways.

• 1 month later...

Archived