Tell us the good stuff going on right now in your life

AlterNation

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A record I bought on ebay from Greece finally arrived. I had pretty much just given up on it and considered it a loss. Kinda sucks that I can't leave feeback for the seller, since it's been over 60 days...but here it is. I'm glad I didn't give negative feedback when it got lost, because it really wasn't the dude's fault. But, hey...whatever. All's well that ends well.

A number of months ago, I bought the Nyko arcade cabinet for the Nintendo Switch. I bought it for shits and giggles. It cost $20, and you build it out of sheets of cardboard. Anyway...long story, short...I got the thing back then, messed about with it, didn't really find anything that truly felt good on it, and tossed it in the corner. Well...Switch N Shoot just dropped the other day, and this is the *censored*ing game that this cabinet was made for. I'm about to go all out on printing panels for every side of this thing. It feels so good to play this game on this cabinet. The game is fun on the Switch in handheld mode...but it's super addictive when you play it on this cabinet. This absurd cardboard atrocity just went from a novelty to a must have accessory to my Switch.

Thanks to the internet, I finally got The Sims 2 working on Windows 10 64-bit! No compatibility mode required (that shit almost never works anyway), but it does take several minutes to launch. I'm choosing to blame this laptop-esque optical drive that Dell put in. Game runs fine, though. Maximum resolution is 1600x900, so no 1080p, but still better than 800x600.

Ha, Sims 2! I miss The Sims. I feel like everytime I get a new laptop, my dream is to be able to actually play The Sims and completely immerse myself in that world for as long as I want, and I can just never afford the kinda laptop or desktop that could keep up with that game, especially after downloading all these skins and mods and what have you. I never did get Drew Carey to come to one of my parties lol. I miss those games. I had Sims 4 on my old laptop for a bit, but again, it just couldn't keep up with the graphics and everything going on. One day. Happy gaming to you, friend.

As for my stuff...*not really spoiling anything..just probably gonna be long*

I had mentioned a trip to New York to see the Stardom show, as well as a Florida trip to see my family. I got to do both things! I've been going sort of crazy lately. My mental illness can spin out of control at times...I'm into my 30's, pretty lonely romantically and try different ways of reaching out and "putting myself out there" and nothing really works....I like keeping to myself, but I have moments where I'm like "Screw it....the way you are gets you nowhere...be strong, be confident, be assertive, see what you want and take it.." or whatever, which I usually snap out of pretty quick because being that kinda guy makes me feel like a douchebag or a piece of shit or both. lol. But I made these 2 trips and I've just felt so much better about myself, about whatever is next to come in my life.

I almost never hang out with my family much, because I sort of promised myself I'd be in a much better situation, or atleast much less embarrassing one, when I did ease myself back into the fold. Over a decade later, it never really did happen. However, this was great. It was exactly what I needed and man, all the clichés about being with your family are true. It reminded me who I am, who I was, where I came from and how much I survived to get here, it reminded me that I am loved and how much I love and have missed all these people in my life. I can't wait to see most of them again when I return next year to Tampa for WrestleMania. My life hasn't changed and I'm not sure when or if it will, but my heart is full. I want to continue being the best person I can possibly be for them, so that, even if who I am is just an embarrassment to my parents, atleast the day I leave this Earth, I'll leave knowing I showed people all the love, warmth, kindness, generosity and honesty that I possibly could. Or scolded them to put them back in their place and back on the right path if/when I needed to. I have my flaws...a world of them....I have my kinks like everyone else...I'm not a role model but I tried to be a good person and help everyone, in the end. I wanna be the greatest caw maker I can be, for myself...but I wanna be the greatest person I can be, for them, because that's all I have control over anymore, and barely.

I went to the Stardom show in Queens, New York, after spending the better part of the afternoon walking and hanging around Times Square. It was the most fun I'd had in awhile and I'm so glad I did it! The icing on the cake was getting to see Stardom and most of it's talents in person! I said it would make my year if I went and it absolutely did. Another reason why, despite my situation not having changed, my heart is full. I want to be the greatest possible caw maker I can be before hanging it up soon, and I know the way to do that is to not just talk the talk, but walk the walk and bang out an entire Stardom roster for a WWE 2K game. That's gonna be like my John Henry thing that I do just to show I can, and then die directly afterward. lol. But yeah, I left that show feeling really inspired and happy. I love and respect all those girls so much and it's just one of those things you think you'll never see, y'know? I saw pretty much everyone except for Starlight Kid, AZM and Sumire Natsu. My year was made and I am so thankful everyday to have that memory to look back on, as well as seeing so much of my family for the first time in years. I want to keep this momentum going somehow. I am thankful for these forums, this community and all you guys and girls too. My life would be absolutely nothing otherwise. Here's to the continuation of my 30's providing me more small reasons to continue going on, day by day, month by month, year by year. Here's to you guys, here's to 2K, and here's to WrestleMania and getting to spend time with my family again. Oh I think I'm going to Vegas in October for the first time, so it's gonna be another broke Christmas. lmao

Got my new over-the-glasses sunglasses and shaving brush that I ordered, and just put an order for a new safety razor, sample razor blades, coat bags, and razor disposal box. Also have a new temp job that I like that'll help a lot with the finances and ease off the stress as compared to the other job, even though I'd still be able to pay my bills regardless.

Also, going to a niece (who's older than me) birthday party on Saturday, hopefully.

Big Bend National Park turned out to be so much better than I thought it would be... we stayed overnight in the park, and those stars... much wow. Looking up at the stars almost anywhere else just won't be the same. Will revisit sometime in the future, we want to hike in areas that we didn't get to last week.

My new art tablet arrived today. I'm way out of practice drawing with a pen (see spoiler) but Its nice to finally draw with something other than a touchpad again.

Looks like shit, I know. I just did it real fast to test out the art tablet.

x9Rvm5j.png

I'm rather happy drunk right now. Had some good drinks at a couple pubs in Camden Town, plus the hidden speakeasy at the Breakfast Club on Liverpool Street. Life is good. I got shot down by a cute punk girl at Worlds End, so that kinda sucks, but I think I was a class act, and another rum got me through no worries. Ye, good night all around. My friend I went with is a total loon though, girl was into him and he did NOT know how to deal lmao.

The wedding invite that was looming over our heads like a black cloud has finally passed... woo hoo!

Time to relax, and start focusing on getting the pool installed in the coming weeks.

Archived