Doink - Original Concept (Dirty Old Clown)

BornVillain13

11220766_1043154719068586_3241418221216712291315_1043154889068569_67467007584828

10521649_1043155225735202_64470923884135

So I started making Doink last night and as I was giving him his attire, I thought about what a modern and updated Doink would look like if WWE decided to bring back the character. Every time he made an appearance, he was in his usual, albeit updated, bodysuit with his signature blue coat. I really thought hard about how he would look like if he was brought back as an active superstar and as a heel. I tried a lot of things out: different clothes, different makeups, different hair colors. Then I decided to give him his tights and I made them similar to his usual ones with the stars... except I made them washed out and faded. What once was bright red, dark blue, and bright yellow now looks like they've been worn out by time and careless washing. Even the white parts on his tights I gave a dirtier grayish hue.

When it came to his head, it was simple. Use the original makeup because that's what he's known for, but have his wig look like they've been in the trash for some time.

For his entrance attire, I took Luke Harper's tank, the black leather biker jacket, and stuck his original squirting flower on the lapel.

So there you have it. A gnarlier, more vicious and deranged Doink.

This CAW is open to change since it is an original concept so if you guys have any suggestions and ideas, don't be afraid to post.

Looks really nice. Probably something I'd use if I had the patience to run long-term storylines in the game. Kind of reminds me of the "Re-Bourne" gimmick that Matt Osbourne did post-WWE (Or at least what I've read about it. Never actually seen it). Personally I'd probably modify the face paint a little. Make it smudged, fade the colors or have patches where you can see the skin, maybe even change it up significantly (While still keeping it similar enough that he's recognizable) to give him a darker look, maybe give the eye paint a more triangular shape? From what I've heard a lot of clowns don't use sharp angles in their paint because it can be scary to children (Blame my obsession with Serial Killers for that little fact, haha).

Looks really nice. Probably something I'd use if I had the patience to run long-term storylines in the game. Kind of reminds me of the "Re-Bourne" gimmick that Matt Osbourne did post-WWE (Or at least what I've read about it. Never actually seen it). Personally I'd probably modify the face paint a little. Make it smudged, fade the colors or have patches where you can see the skin, maybe even change it up significantly (While still keeping it similar enough that he's recognizable) to give him a darker look, maybe give the eye paint a more triangular shape? From what I've heard a lot of clowns don't use sharp angles in their paint because it can be scary to children (Blame my obsession with Serial Killers for that little fact, haha).

Yeah. It's partly inspired by Matt Borne's Borne Again gimmick in ECW. And the faded makeup does make sense.

12304362_1043211399062918_67533461835789

10848567_1043210829062975_18821156732450

As per Astro Zombie's suggestion, I adjusted the opacity of the face paint in order to make it look more faded and worn. I also added a Doink logo on the back of the jacket as a little nod to his early years.

Any more ideas? Keep 'em coming.

Very intrigued by this but I would respectively ask would you consider at the end making the original attire for the old school caw fans such as myself there are so many years go by the top creators leave out Doink so many poor ones out there I just think with the level of detail you put in the original evil doink might be an excellent creation done by yourself people would download.

Very intrigued by this but I would respectively ask would you consider at the end making the original attire for the old school caw fans such as myself there are so many years go by the top creators leave out Doink so many poor ones out there I just think with the level of detail you put in the original evil doink might be an excellent creation done by yourself people would download.

I can try. I usually do that first too but because the paint tool is no longer there for me to create logos so I can have intricate designs ready and doesn't require the use of so many layer slots and points, I couldn't make it to be as accurate as I want it to be. Plus the options for tops isn't really the best compared to earlier games. A singlet top is no longer glued onto the skin and looks like a shirt draped on top of the caw. But I'll try and only do EVIL Doink because I won't have to use so many layers.

Ok so I tried making his original attire and there just isn't enough layers to complete the look. Unless I can find textures of Doink from SvR 2009, then I won't be able to make his regular outfit or his debut outfit.

Archived