TNA Going To POP TV.

TNFNS

FANDOM LIKE NO OTHER

POP AND IMPACT WRESTLING PARTNER TO BRING FANS RINGSIDE FOR WEEKLY EVENT BROADCAST PREMIERING ON TUESDAY, JAN. 5, 2016

LOS ANGELES, CALIF. Nov. 19, 2015 Get ready for #ImpactOnPop. Pop, a network that celebrates the excitement of being a fan, will soon become the exclusive U.S. television home of IMPACT WRESTLING, the hard-hitting, high-flying global sports sensation enjoyed by millions of fans around the world.

Pop will premiere IMPACT WRESTLING with a live two-hour, action-packed broadcast on Tuesday, Jan. 5, 2016, and the show will continue to air every Tuesday night at 9:00 PM, ET/PT. The show features some of the biggest stars in professional wrestling, including Jeff and Matt Hardy, EC3, Kurt Angle, Bobby Lashley, The Wolves, Eric Young, Tigre Uno and Gail Kim.

Wrestling has been a fan-fueled staple since the 50s, and continues to be some of the most-watched appointment television today. The die-hard fandom and extraordinary passion surrounding IMPACT WRESTLING captures the spirit of Pop as a network that celebrates fan-driven entertainment and excitement, said Brad Schwartz, President of Pop. Were committed to this new partnership and psyched to bring the shows loyal fans a dedicated night to watch their favorite show on Pop every week.

IMPACT WRESTLING is a strong global brand seen on networks in more than 120 countries around the world and broadcast in 17 languages. Its fans are some of the most devoted and socially active in sports, with more than 15 million aggregated social media followers and nearly 700 million video views on YouTube, making it the seventh-most-viewed sports channel, ahead of MLB®, NHL®, MLS® and FIFATV®.

Pops enthusiasm for our partnership and the networks fan focus is a perfect fit for our company, said TNA President Dixie Carter. Wresting has always been at the forefront of pop culture with the most passionate, loyal fan base. Were thrilled to be in business with Pop and to bring IMPACT WRESTLING to more than 80 million homes."

http://press.poptv.com/Press/pressItem/impactwrestling

They kick out a 2 3/4ths!

Dixie Carter must have some serious verbal(or oral) skills behind the scenes if they keep getting TV deals. So how many years have the "TNA will be dead by next year" comments been going? Maybe they'll die at the end of 2016?...maybe the beginning of 17.

I think this channel is in more homes than Destination America was.

Headline should read "TNA moving to network as obscure as they are". Seriously...what the hell is pop tv?

Were thrilled to be in business with Pop and to bring IMPACT WRESTLING to more than 80 million homes

IjvX8be.gif

Lol...apparently I do get this channel. Which makes this all even funnier to me. TNA moving to a channel that I legit didn't even know I had. Good luck with that, guys. Also, the channel is standard def only (at least for me).

Headline should read "TNA moving to network as obscure as they are". Seriously...what the hell is pop tv?

Pop is a joint venture of CBS Corporation (NYSE: CBS.A and CBS) and Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF). The partnership combines CBSs programming, production and marketing assets with Lionsgates resources in motion pictures, television and digitally delivered content. Pops ownership structure is comprised of the company with the #1 broadcast network and many of the top first-run syndication series (Entertainment Tonight, The Insider) and the studio that produces and distributes the blockbuster Hunger Games, Twilight and Divergent franchises and produces such award-winning TV series as Mad Men and Orange is the New Black.

TNA is going to lose a pretty big chunk of they're NYC market. The channels carried by Time Warner, which is predominantly carried in Manhattan, and Brooklyn. Bronx, Queens & Long Island is predominantly Cablevision/Optimum. And nobody is switching cable providers simply for TNA.

It's not just Time Warner...I have Comcast and I have it. I don't know if that changes anything...but I feel like the NYC region probably has access to Comcast.

Cable providers typically used in NY is Time Warner, Optimum, & DishTV...And Verizon. Comcast isn't nor has it ever been among the top cable providers for NYC.

Archived