Sabu by The D - Angle help needed!

The D

I'm super rusty; first CAW in 3 or 4 years. Go easy!

Had to upload the images to Facebook from the PS4 as I can't find my USB stick. Facebook kills the quality, so not all of the texture detail is as visible as it should be. There are issues with the texture, but I didn't realise that importing a new texture would reset the whole *censored*ing face. So, I'm not going to re-do the whole thing. Lesson learned for next time.

x2s93s.jpg

Where the face changes? Go into face deformation then back out.

Nah, I've figured that one out. The face texture is just showing really dark in game. :S Another lesson learned; check that before starting morphing and detailing...

Strange, haven't noticed that myself in-game. The main thing is get the skin tone right. I'm tempted to add a few different shades of the skin tone in solid squares so I can select those and test if it blends before morphing.

Angle is looking really nice, I'd possibly would lower the eyebrows and change the angle a tad in the deformation tool.

Retextured Angle and the same is happening. Completely fresh model and tweaks the texture. The lines from the nose are super dark, as are the lips and the eyes, yet they aren't in CAW mode or on the texture. It's a shame because this looks great in CAW mode but weird in game. :/ All of the bugs are making me not want to bother.

So, I think that in CAW mode this is a pretty solid looking Kurt Angle. Had to lighten the entire texture because of the odd dark patches. Still doing it though; look how SHIT it looks ingame. It looks *censored*ing demonic. So, I've spent HOURS on this thing now and it looks like ass in game, but almost perfect in CAW mode.

2K, REALLY?!

What the *Censored* is going on with this buggy as hell game. Honestly might not bother CAWing. If I work at something for hours only for it to look shit, what's the point? Anyone got any ideas why it's doing this?

2mhv7tz.jpg

So, I think that in CAW mode this is a pretty solid looking Kurt Angle. Had to lighten the entire texture because of the odd dark patches. Still doing it though; look how SHIT it looks ingame. It looks *censored*ing demonic. So, I've spent HOURS on this thing now and it looks like ass in game, but almost perfect in CAW mode.

2K, REALLY?!

What the *Censored* is going on with this buggy as hell game. Honestly might not bother CAWing. If I work at something for hours only for it to look shit, what's the point? Anyone got any ideas why it's doing this?

2mhv7tz.jpg

Now you showed comparison, the face in caw mode is slightly darker/more orange. Its the way the lighting is.

Oh yeah, sometimes the face texture comes out weird-looking and darker ingame as you're working on it. In my experience, the first time you play with someone after modifying him/her in CAW mode in any way, the face looks odd ingame. Every time after that it's fine, though. If that wasn't the first time used after a tweak or modification of some sort, I dunno. Dealing with a bit of the same, myself, so I figured I'd suggest that might be the culprit.

Archived