WarGreymon's Arenas - Aug. 9, 2016 - WCW Nitro PSX pg. 4

WarGreymon77

I make my plans during the week, create & upload the arenas over the weekend, and post the screenshots here on Monday or such. I've got a lot of cool stuff planned this weekend. World War 3, Slamboree, Uncensored, Clash of the Champions. Truth be told, Spring Stampede will probably be my last one for 1997, as most logos are low quality. I also have the logos together for Starrcade '98, Great American Bash '98, and Slamboree '98, but although I don't mind creating those arenas right now, I'm holding off uploading 1998 because 1997 takes CC upload priority for me, and 20 upload slots are quite stifling.

Also I'm thinking about organizing this thread better. But I will not make the OP any larger.

I'm also thinking about creating some King of the Ring 2001 - Wrestlemania X8 arenas eventually, for an exhibition mode + imagination storyline I'm playing. Might upload, might not. Included in that storyline is a few hostile takeover PPVs like a more modern (barricades & such) ECW, nWo, and Halloween Havoc.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a general rule, the name of the arena in bold is the name it's listed on CC. Big update today! For starters, I've rescued my previous SuperBrawl attempt from the not-gonna-happen pile. All these were uploaded last night. In my arenas, I strive for maximum accuracy, but occasionally I may take a creative liberty or two, such as the blue Thunder logo at Thunder's entranceway instead of silver, and the following SuperBrawl mat logo. I go back and forth on the entrance video thing. Sometimes I add it, sometimes I don't. WCW's entrance videos are supposed to go where the "minitron" screens are, so it's going to be inaccurate regardless of what I do.

WCW SuperBrawl VII (New and improved!)

For the record, I don't like the silver logo at all, but that's what WCW decided to do. And yeah, the entranceway was off to the side like that in real life. WCW arenas were very eclectic and eccentric at times.

SAZ56Kk.jpg

WCW Clash of the Champions 1997

I went for the Clash XXXIV stage and the XXXV ring area, so it's a bit of an anachronism, but I like the aesthetics. The real challenge was deciding what color to make the two signs on the stage. I tried red, blue, black (actually dark gray), and white before finally settling on silver. I still could not get a clear view of the canvas on those blurry online videos, so I decided on a dark gray. By the way, I just discovered this colored lighting effect on the curtains: I think it's beautiful! I love it!

PO5lube.jpg

uzDr27i.jpg

WCW Uncensored ('97)

"STING!! STING IS HERE! Sting from the top! ...All hell has broken loose at Uncensored!! And Hell brought with him a baseball bat!" Nostalgia tears. Anyway...

The header is way too big, but ehh. The yellow WCW's were a bit of a pain to line up.

OBgXtRZ.jpg

FqmRFAJ.jpg

WCW Slamboree ('97)

I based this on a video with Luna Vachon's entrance, so that's why the lights are red and purple.

oNY4vJx.jpg

WCW World War 3 ('97)

I have fixed the lighting on the left curtain. Look at the rocky green announce table. Just like the real one.

iKnk6DK.jpg

doC9HTi.jpg

Now, what's next? I've got Spring Stampede and Road Wild left for 1997. Then I'll have maybe 3 arena upload slots left. I might take a break from uploading after that, to think about what else to upload. The first will probably be Halloween Havoc 1998. HH is one of my favorite PPVs, but I'm not doing '97 due to its heavy similarity to '96, which will be included in the DLC. Of course, I could be wrong. Maybe the DLC won't include arenas. If that's true, I'll create 1997 and upload it. Other than that, I could do some 1998, 2001 (WWE), maybe even 1999 arenas. Maybe even an old NWA arena with the green apron. We'll see.

Oh boy. There's a reason I saved Spring Stampede for last, and not because I dislike it or anything. I have only one or two ideas about how to do the entrance area, and none of those ideas are great. My first idea was to try to find a texture to just paste against a flat background. I tried to find a picture of the entrance set in real life, to no avail. Next I tried to find game arenas, like the arena from WCW Mayhem, but that didn't look very good. Their classic Nitro arena was also not so good. Not many screenshots from WCW/nWo Thunder online, but Inland Productions' arenas weren't very accurate anyway.

My next idea, most likely to happen, is to take the Clash of the Champions curtain minitron, pull a header down in front of it with a Spring Stampede logo on it, and put some brown fences on both sides of the aisle. It looks cheap, and perhaps more suited to 1994, but imo it's not entirely unrealistic. It doesn't look like I'm going to have much in the way of props, but I did download a picture of bull horns from a Google search. I think I can make this work. Hell, I name the arena "WCW Spring Stampede" instead of putting a year on it, so I guess it doesn't matter if I improvise a little. I didn't forget about Road Wild '97 either. I just need to get the damn game to let me upload logos. It wouldn't go through, last time.

Oh boy. There's a reason I saved Spring Stampede for last, and not because I dislike it or anything. I have only one or two ideas about how to do the entrance area, and none of those ideas are great. My first idea was to try to find a texture to just paste against a flat background. I tried to find a picture of the entrance set in real life, to no avail. Next I tried to find game arenas, like the arena from WCW Mayhem, but that didn't look very good. Their classic Nitro arena was also not so good. Not many screenshots from WCW/nWo Thunder online, but Inland Productions' arenas weren't very accurate anyway.

My next idea, most likely to happen, is to take the Clash of the Champions curtain minitron, pull a header down in front of it with a Spring Stampede logo on it, and put some brown fences on both sides of the aisle. It looks cheap, and perhaps more suited to 1994, but imo it's not entirely unrealistic. It doesn't look like I'm going to have much in the way of props, but I did download a picture of bull horns from a Google search. I think I can make this work. Hell, I name the arena "WCW Spring Stampede" instead of putting a year on it, so I guess it doesn't matter if I improvise a little. I didn't forget about Road Wild '97 either. I just need to get the damn game to let me upload logos. It wouldn't go through, last time.

lol I held off spring stampede for longest too.. i didn't want to draw the logos and the colors looked like they'd be difficult to get down.. but it was actually easier than I anticipated. Due to the lack of props, I ended up with a minitron set up... Just wish there weren't upload limits because I'm pretty much finished with 97 minus GAB and Bash at the Beach

The final 1997 arenas have been uploaded to community creations (PS4)! Now I don't know what I'm going to upload next. In the mean time (probably months), I'll just focus on creating rather than uploading. I've only got 3 upload slots left after finishing WCW 1997. I'm going to try to make:

• NWA/WCW late 80s/early 90s (low priority)

• 1998: the rest of WCW PPVs, Shotgun Saturday Night, Sunday Night Heat

• 1999: WWF SmackDown!, WCW Monday Nitro '99-2000

• 2001: Raw, PPVs from InVasion to Survivor Series

• 2001 Fantasy PPVs: ECW (similar to One Night Stand),

• Halloween Havoc (replaces WWE's October PPV for one night),

• Armageddon: WWF/ECW vs. WCW/nWo (I haven't finalized the battle lines just yet, but those parties will be involved)

• 2002 Fantasy: nWo (PPV replaces No Way Out for one night),

• WCW Thursday Nitro (after Wrestlemania X8, it replaces SmackDown! permanently, with a "President of WCW" being a high ranking WWE corporate position below CEO and Chairman of WWE. Although it's mostly semantics, note this isn't a "VP of WCW Operations", but actually President. Theoretically more presigious than a GM, for the kayfabe illusion of autonomy while still under WWE ownership.)

• 2002: Raw and Smackdown if there's space left. Raw takes priority over SD due to my fantasy 2001 storyline.

^ If that's hard to read, I apologize. Onto the recent uploads!

WCW Spring Stampede

Not my best work. The game doesn't even let you color the fences. Oh well. I needed all of WCW 1997 done, so I pushed forward and did what I had to do.

oUX5afc.jpg

QSsHVGZ.jpg

WCW Road Wild

I didn't find out til I uploaded the logo to my game: It was converted from a Road Wild logo. So in the game, I had to color it blue. Bu that point it was too late to add the top part of the inner blue circle (around the yellow sphere). Ring mat colors are in this game are weird. I tried my best to get dark blue, but the darker you go, the more monochrome (less color) it becomes. It looks better in the second screenshot.

nvpFnGi.jpg

voB1n0I.jpg

Bonus Screenshots (probably will not upload anytime soon due to 20 arena upload slot limit)

WWF Shotgun Saturday Night 1998

ldjVYsM.jpg

sUValcj.jpg

WCW/nWo Starrcade (1998)

op8pHKj.jpg

oYiRqC4.jpg

Ah, look at Shotgun. She's beautiful, isn't she? I just wish I could replace the "WW" on the two standing side signs with "WWF Attitude" or even "WW Attitude" at least.

I might upload some "bonus arenas" by uploading the show only. If I do that and somebody downloads the show, it'll download the arena too, right? I've got a couple more free show spots due to the lack of South Dakota as a location. I didn't upload shows for Road Wild because it pissed me off. By the way, uploading logos on their website is a hassle because sometimes they don't show up in "my logos", so you just have to wait a few seconds, check, try again, repeat.

Oh! And I might do WCW Pro Wrestling, as well. I have the logo, but I'm not all that enthusiastic about the Sunday morning D-show, you know?

More "Bonus" Screenshots. Btw, placing the WWF logo on turnbuckles is a bitch. Also, I downloaded the Shotgun aprons from the PS4 CC, but I believe they're the ones this guy made.

http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?3484616-Custom-Ring-Aprons-for-Create-An-Arena

WCW/nWo Slamboree

eKtwwtS.jpg

WWF Sunday Night Heat 1998 (same stage as Shotgun)

I hate plain, generic arenas. In WWE 13, the only difference between Heat and Shotgun would have been the nameplate, and I hate that. I like an arena to tell you what it is loud and clear, which is why I favor 1997 for WCW PPVs, and 1998 for Monday Nitro. I got the apron idea from WWF Attitude, where it is an option (Attitude had the first create-an-arena mode).

nRT8DyC.jpg

WWF SmackDown!

Taking cues from the PS1 games, I added a slight blue tinge to the mat and added more of a sky blue tint to the ropes. Aprons for this, Nitro '99, and Raw 2002 by Judders from Smacktalks.

S2LW9vP.jpg

WCW Monday Nitro 1999-2000

I think I might re-do the minitron, because as you can see, the sides are cut off. It's hard to get clear shots of the mat logo due to blurry footage, but I added some orange to the Nitro logo anyway.

FiFw3AC.jpg

8dfSLOw.jpg

Raw 2002

HCsSQSU.jpg

InuDJIF.jpg

I love your work on all the wcw 97 ppvs. Any reason you never made a Halloween havoc 97?

The main reason is because it's believed that the Hall of Fame showcase DLC is going to have Halloween Havoc 1996, which is pretty much the same. 2K seem to be taking their sweet time with DLC though. Another reason is that between low quality logos and a lack of graveyard props, I don't think I could do it justice.

I might take a look at it anyway, and see what I could do. In fact, I'm seriously considering it. Halloween Havoc is a fan favorite WCW PPV, after all...

Jtown4life, on 03 Dec 2015 - 05:03 AM, said:Jtown4life, on 03 Dec 2015 - 05:03 AM, said:

love your work man. What other projects will you be doing with arenas

Well I only have 3 upload slots left out of the maximum 20, so... I have decided to go ahead and do Halloween Havoc 1997 (I originally said I wasn't going to do it because of DLC). Aside from that, I'm currently considering the following arenas/shows for the remaining slots...

• Shotgun Saturday Night 1998
  • Sunday Night Heat 1998
  • SmackDown! 1999
  • one of the WCW/nWo 1998 PPVs

My 1998 Halloween Havoc isn't looking too good (mat logo isn't great), but my 1997 actually looks okay.

UndertakerMinistry, on 02 Dec 2015 - 4:50 PM, said:UndertakerMinistry, on 02 Dec 2015 - 4:50 PM, said:

Love your work man, can wait for the Smackdown 1999 Arena to be uploaded as I've been waiting for a accurate WWF Smackdown arena.

I uploaded SmackDown! 1999 today, but only as an arena, not a show, since the nameplate logo is already in the game, in create-a-show. Also uploaded Sunday Night Heat (arena only), Shotgun Saturday Night (show only, although I believe downloading the show gives you the arena-- somebody let me know if this turns out to be false).

Also... I decided to finally go ahead and try my hand at WCW's most beloved PPV, Halloween Havoc.

WCW Halloween Havoc 1997 (arena and show uploaded)

Notice the nameplate logo! Unfortunately, the stage floor won't go any blacker than this. As for the ring not having much Slim Jim... Ehh, I'm not big on plastering sponsors everywhere, unless it's NASCAR. There's plenty of Slim Jim logos already. And I could not find any HH '97 footage online that shows the announce table, so I took a very wild guess. I uploaded the nameplate logo to CC as well.

MCkI0lN.jpg

hBuSSDw.jpg

lmqCvpY.jpg

Current Show Upload Slots

1. WCW Monday Nitro
  2. WCW Thunder
  3. WCW Saturday Night
  4. WCW Great American Bash
  5. nWo Souled Out
  6. WCW/nWo SuperBrawl
  7. WCW Starrcade
  8. Bash at the Beach
  9. WCW Fall Brawl
  10. WCW Slamboree
  11. Clash of Champions
  12. WCW World War 3
  13. WCW Uncensored
  14. WCW SuperBrawl
  15. WCW Spring Stampede
  16. Halloween Havoc 97
  17. Shotgun Sat. Night

Current Arena Upload Slots

1. WCW Monday Nitro
  2. WCW Thunder
  3. WCW Saturday Night
  4. WCW Great American Bash
  5. nWo Souled Out
  6. WCW/nWo SuperBrawl VIII
  7. WCW Starrcade
  8. WCW Halloween Havoc 1997 (replaced WCW/nWo Road Wild)
  9. WCW Fall Brawl
  10. Bash of the Beach '96/97
  11. WCW Slamboree
  12. WCW World War 3
  13. WCW Clash of the Champions 1997
  14. WCW Uncensored
  15. WCW SuperBrawl VII
  16. WCW Spring Stampede
  17. WCW Road Wild
  18. Sunday Night Heat 1998
  19. SmackDown! 1999

I hate having upload limits. I could do so much more.

Bonus Screenshots

Wrestlemania X8

I uploaded the apron logo to CC at least. It's taken directly from WWE 2K14.

jmNznFY.jpg

Tjsob2R.jpg

WCW/nWo Halloween Havoc (ring mat logo isn't good)

CPomEcw.jpg

My arena upload slots are full, and my shows are at 18/20. But I created some new ones anyway! (NOT uploaded as of yet)

Old School WCW (based on The Great American Bash 1990)

I love how beautiful this came out! But I thought the side curtains should be blue, so I changed one set of lights, resulting in the second screenshot.

I9ryN2w.jpg

zraNWAU.jpg

NWA 1980s (based on Starrcade 1988)

I didn't know whether to make a tiny venue, maybe darken the crowd... But I'm good with this. I was shocked to discover that Starrcade '88 had no floor mats. This was before Bill Watts.

BV6KF39.jpg

EDIT: I'm also working on the Bischoff era D-Show, WCW Pro Wrestling. The pecking order went like

1. Monday Nitro
  2. Thunder
  3. Saturday Night
  4. WCW Pro
  5. stuff that I didn't know about, like Worldwide.

I like the WCW old school arena! When it's gonna be uploaded?

Well, it's complicated. I've reached my maximum uploads. I think I might upload it as a show. That or I'll replace the Shotgun Saturday Night arena or Road Wild '98 with it.

Note: I noticed a random glitch with some of my arenas tonight. During entrances, the titantron or some other random stage part gets shoved into a bizarre place. But there's an easy fix! Go into CAA "Edit", do absolutely nothing, and click accept. The glitch only happens during exhibition or similar modes, and there's no way to predict it.

I like the WCW old school arena! When it's gonna be uploaded?

Well, it's complicated. I've reached my maximum uploads. I think I might upload it as a show. That or I'll replace the Shotgun Saturday Night arena or Road Wild '98 with it.

Note: I noticed a random glitch with some of my arenas tonight. During entrances, the titantron or some other random stage part gets shoved into a bizarre place. But there's an easy fix! Go into CAA "Edit", do absolutely nothing, and click accept. The glitch only happens during exhibition or similar modes, and there's no way to predict it.

idk if it's the same on PS4 as it is XB1, but you should try creating a new profile with your PSN. On Xbox One it allowed me to create a new GT that shares xbox live via my primary account. Only thing I had to do for 2K16 was buy the unlock accelerator because certain sets are locked at the start of the game and I'm not doing showcase over.

I'll have to get back to you on the new stuff, but, inspired by the recent patch, I just uploaded (same slot) revision #3 of WCW Saturday Night. Many improvements. I only wish I didn't need to restart its download count at zero. But it's for a good cause. I believe I've perfected WCW Saturday Night.

how do you deal with the stage elements not being very editable, leading to WWE logos plastered on things and you not being able to remove them?

in cases where you apply a giant entrance stage image onto a video screen (most notably the video screen with the spotlights underneath it). How do you get away with the entrance turning into a wrestler's entrance video or minitron during entrances? You haven't had to manually go-in and edit all the wrestlers entrances to not show minitron or titantron have you? That would suck.

how do you deal with the stage elements not being very editable, leading to WWE logos plastered on things and you not being able to remove them?

in cases where you apply a giant entrance stage image onto a video screen (most notably the video screen with the spotlights underneath it). How do you get away with the entrance turning into a wrestler's entrance video or minitron during entrances? You haven't had to manually go-in and edit all the wrestlers entrances to not show minitron or titantron have you? That would suck.

Patch 1.03 fixed that problem. My screenshots here demonstrate the difference. It looks best at a distance, but still a major improvement.

http://caws.ws/forum/topic/472167-patch-103-is-out/page-4

I wanted to go to bed early tonight, but those plans died when I got this idea... You see, I was satisfied with my Thunder, but I just kept looking at all of that blank, open space. The "weird metal things" on Thunder's stage are always a challenge, and getting a clear view of them for use in this game is harder than you'd think. You know where I got these from (the pictures on both sides of the entrance door)? Raven's entrance from WCW/nWo Thunder, from a YouTube video.

a4qBNsV.jpg

Do you think that I should make the side curtains by the stage a dark gray instead of blue? I think so. Possibly black or close to it.

Note to self: Darken canvas a bit, make apron the same color, try to add stage lights.

Archived