It's absolute horrific to make CAWs for this game

CM_EDGE

It's absolute horrific to make CAWs for this game.

Wow, just wow. I don't know how every big CAW creator in this forum could do that to them self. I have the biggest respect for everyone who makes CAWs here because I worked on an AJ Lee CAW in the last few hours and let me tell you this, I don't have enough fingers to count the amount of bugs I had in this time....

First I tried to import a Face of her on a CAW from the community, just for testing.

But that isn't possible because every time you try that, after the skin menu, the face pic goes back to default position in the middle of the face.

Than I tried it on a new CAW, that worked finally. After that, yes the face import was the first thing I had done, I chose a skin tone with the pipette from the imported face and it looked good.

I tried to delete some color failures in the face with the design emblems and it worked too.

Than I saved it to download a few logos for her. After I come back the mess began.

The entrance attire figure had no eyeballs anymore... Creepy but whatever, I began to put some logos on her chest and than on her knee pads, after that, I saw that the skin changed, from the good looking detailed skin to an, I don't know how to write it... To an 256 Color version or 16bit color version or something like that. Everywhere dots and wrong colors.

Great... But hey, let's continue. I have chosen a new skin color that fits surprisingly well and which made the face import even better, ok. Eyeballs still missing but let's look at her in ring model, I changed the colors from every single design emblem in the face to look good again and after that I gave her wristbands and her logos which I downloaded before. After that I saw that the skin tone began to change again to a shitty non detailed mess.... And if I try to change the skin tone again, the design emblems in the face get strange seeable borders and that was enough for me. 3AM in Germany now and I gave up.

How can you do that CAW Makers? How can you, voluntarily, go to this hell without become a alcohol addict?

With all the custom logos, designs and many standard emblems that you need with this complicate way of edit and change things.

Like I said before, I have nothing as respect for this.

How can they sell a broken mess like this?

Even more broken as my English.

What have I done wrong? Importing the face first? Importing the logos after the skin tone?

What is the key to bypass this bugs and glitches?

I would love to get a few interesting answers, because at this moment, I don't know if it makes sense for me to continue with working on caws. It's just like the developers throw the biggest rocks they got on me to prevent that I use this mode. :/

Thank you everybody.

That's how my CAW looks at the moment:

PWDCcNg.jpg

3Nn1esa.jpg

rag14uf.jpg

I absolutely do NOT like the new morphing system for the face. It's so hard to get things to look right and to try and keep the dots matching, so to speak. I really miss the simpler face morphing, and wish we still had that option, like an "Easy" and "Advanced" face morphing.

My poor CAW has this weird puffy upper lip I'm not sure how to fix, and when he's talking to the creepy-looking Renee Young, there's a glitch where you can see open air at his lip seems. x_X Oh well...lol

I absolutely do NOT like the new morphing system for the face. It's so hard to get things to look right and to try and keep the dots matching, so to speak. I really miss the simpler face morphing, and wish we still had that option, like an "Easy" and "Advanced" face morphing.

My poor CAW has this weird puffy upper lip I'm not sure how to fix, and when he's talking to the creepy-looking Renee Young, there's a glitch where you can see open air at his lip seems. x_X Oh well...lol

a mirror option would have helped tremendously so that you could move face parts simultaneously and at least started with something symmetrical. maybe next year.

It's new. It's better than it's ever been. It just takes getting used to, like every new thing....like the submission system, for example. I fumbled around trying to make a CAW at first, but it was mindblowing once I saw all the detailed morphing that could actually be done....if only body morphing were as intricate...fingers crossed for next year. You worked your ass off and got a great-looking AJ out of it, so....I dunno, man....it is what it is. Any bugs you get fix themselves, be it by saving your CAW, exiting and re-entering CAW mode, or just continue to work in CAW mode...it always fixes itself eventually, from what I've seen. This whole experience is something I've been waiting for for years, man.

Looks pretty good. Were you trying the face import feature. You don't really need to with this CAW imo

What do you mean? Use a regular face texture and just apply it like any other logo?

Actually no, but I read here people are doing that too because the face import feature is kinda bad atm. I'm yet to try it myself when I get the game so I can't really be the judge of that yet.

Thank you very much for all the nice words. :)

Its interesting to read what you think about the CAW mode and how it is for you to make them.

What i can say so far is that after i started the game again this morning, the eyeball bug was gone but now i have 2 new problems.

First, in the match, the colors from the skin and the hair color is completely different.... now i have to change it and just try it ingame if it works. Here a few pictures:

Caw Mode and Vs. Screen

2DVMBde.jpg

LdjrkIn.jpg

Now ingame, look at the hair and the face, every texture problem that i erased with design templates is now visible ingame....

cEomap8.jpg

bLkCFis.jpg

What to do about it? Is it really just trial and error or did i something wrong?

Than the next problem, if i change the hair color now in the CAW mode, the texture and design templates changes automatically colors too... thats so annoying.... How can 2K advertising this mode with that many problems? :(

I hope this thread helps other people as well, i really want to continue with my CAW but this game makes it so hard for me. :nerves:

Thank you very much for all the nice words. :)

Its interesting to read what you think about the CAW mode and how it is for you to make them.

What i can say so far is that after i started the game again this morning, the eyeball bug was gone but now i have 2 new problems.

First, in the match, the colors from the skin and the hair color is completely different.... now i have to change it and just try it ingame if it works. Here a few pictures:

Caw Mode and Vs. Screen

2DVMBde.jpg

LdjrkIn.jpg

Now ingame, look at the hair and the face, every texture problem that i erased with design templates is now visible ingame....

cEomap8.jpg

bLkCFis.jpg

What to do about it? Is it really just trial and error or did i something wrong?

Than the next problem, if i change the hair color now in the CAW mode, the texture and design templates changes automatically colors too... thats so annoying.... How can 2K advertising this mode with that many problems? :(

I hope this thread helps other people as well, i really want to continue with my CAW but this game makes it so hard for me. :nerves:

the lighting differences most likely are not a bug, rather just a difference in how the characters are lit in CAW mode and in-game. in CAW mode, the characters generally look a little darker and have more noticeable shadows. i imagine the characters would look different with different lighting effects as well (CAE)

Archived