Oz70NYC Showcase 2K16 (MASSIVE update on Page 6!!!)

Oz70NYC

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Doing some touching up on Simon. Crafted a better looking aged face texture for him, and I'm updating some details a bit. He'll be uploaded as of this post, as well as Primo. Also, I have a few other characters in the works. A few old faces, a few new challengers. And a couple homage characters from creators no longer part of the community.

• 1 month later...

RIDICULOUSLY MASSIVE UPDATE INBOUND

It's dawned on me that I haven't updated my thread in over a month. And while I've been busy playing many other games, Destiny, GTAO, Fallout 4 and getting back into Dragon Age: Inquisition again...that's not to say I've not made CAWs since my last post. In fact, I've made a LOT of CAWs since my last post. So I figure I take screenies of everyone I've made April and now and dump them all here, as well as dump them all on CC. Every CAW posted is available using the hashtag OzCAWJune. So without further delay...heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere we go...

Xavier Gaston

52tXt3y.jpg

NFDYzey.jpg

mBSfFBZ.jpg

We start things off with the re-imagining of one of my longest standing characters, right hand man and tag team partner of Evan Slade. Xavier has come a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way since when I 1st made him back in 2006. Back then...well...he was a emo-freak. This year I streamlined his look even more then the last year I made him, 2014. Gone is the black/red color palette. Instead I decided to use the French flag color scheme...since he's a proud French man. I also wanted to make the Fleur De Lis prominent in his attire design, without over-saturating the attire with it. I'm happy with the end result. Now while his look has drastically changed, his fighting style hasn't. He's still a consummate high flying daredevil between the rope.

"Big House" Anslem Carter

i5SsCUx.jpg

2Mnjbv8.jpg

VfxOwSk.jpg

Another one of my veteran characters, Anslem Carter has been one of the longest standing rivals of both Dru Mercer and Jayson Jones. As you can tell, he draws influence from Mark Henry...as he has done for years now. Didn't see reason to deviate, outside of giving him more hair...as typically I make him with shorter hair or completely bald. Nothing overtly different from past incarnations of him. He's a destructive powerhouse with a chip on his shoulder and a bone to pick with anyone who dares cross him.

Jack Maynard

osYaQ5p.jpg

CU7zjui.jpg

2mobuB2.jpg

"Jack The Ripper" is one of my newest characters. Pretty much created from thin air. The concept of Jack is simple...a man who wants to "watch the world burn". There's no rhyme or reason to why Jack does what he does...he just does it. Essentially I plan on evolving him into something more. Maybe link him to Cerberus in some way. Not much story behind Jack yet...it's a work in progress still.

Sean Trueth

EAVDBSP.jpg

wavoRUu.jpg

0r3nC1i.jpg

Always a community favorite, Sean's 2016 incarnation sees some subtle changes. Pretty much kept the same theme in his attire from previous years. The biggest difference in Sean this year is between the ropes. In character, he came to a crossroads where he realized he just wasn't cutting it, whereas his friend and rival Scott EPIC had all but become a worldwide superstar. So Sean decided to go back to the drawing board and redefine himself in the ring. The end result is a more calculating, assertive and aggressive wrestling style as opposed to the flashly, high energy offense he'd been known for. Sean realizes he'll never match Scott in the charisma department, so he'd better served just being a stone cold killer between the ropes.

Rokuro Inoue

5qgz2lj.jpg

luvllGh.jpg

zlHU3aI.jpg

I can probably count on one hand the number of people on this forum still who even remember this guy. Last time I made Rokuro was 2008 I believe...in my "Golden Age" of CAW making. Rokuro was created to be my flagship Japanese character. But of course...I don't make as many of them as I'd like. 2014 was the most I'd ever made in one cycle of the game...and only a handful of those guys I see myself bringing back. A friend of mine, a creator some of you may be familiar with named T-RAVINOUS25 and I have decided to collaborate in building his Japanese based promotion Bushido Pro Wrestling into an "In Story" rival to my brother's VJPW promotion. So...I decided to dust Rokuro off for the occasion. He draws from many influences...Misawa, Tanahashi, Nagata and others.

Pavlos Marstorius

yBGQ7Zc.jpg

BUhBKIn.jpg

IT3u7bX.jpg

The 1st version of Pavlos I made was in late '14...so late that I doubt anyone even noticed him since the uproar of how barebones 2k15 was going to be was happening. Well, I blew that version up and decided to make his look even more simple. Pavlos is the direct heir of my classic character Otto Marstorius...who if you've paid attention to my brother Thr33x's work...2 of his characters Angelus Aurelius and Legionarius are sons of. Well, Pavlos is the 1st born son of Otto...and hence the older brother of both of them. He's also the headmaster of the Marstorius Wrestling Academy, as Otto has stepped down running the day to day. Pavlos has had a storied, albeit less publicized career...as he's wrestled in Europe and Japan. Only now has he decided to compete in North America. His attire is a mix of classic wrestling and pseudo-gladiator motif, with the signature entrance robe to round out the look.

Goldieve Van Der Sar

GvgDcWw.jpg

eJ1oDvw.jpg

GwD93cL.jpg

Much like Rokuro...only a handful of people will recognize the name. Originally created by my brother in 2005, I took over the reigns on him in 2010...as my brother pretty much created Magnus Von Shwartz as a more fleshed out archetype for the character he needed in that role. I've retconed GVDS' story a bit, making it so that he's a bit younger...early 30s, and was once a student of MVS. But his style was way to aggressive, and he but heads with MVS more often then not. This forced him to be kicked out of Lion's Pride, and he's a been bitter mercenary ever since. He since traveled the world, honing his craft in tournaments and promotions, seeking to one day face his former teacher and break him. For the attire, I went full German flag motif, and I'd say it works quite well.

Damien Juarez

Y1cG0VF.jpg

qBtyyoq.jpg

aWVNkQj.jpg

A throwback to the golden years of E-feds, Juarez was the creation of a long since retired creator who went by the name LaTingua. The character was a gem, and how he portrayed him was flawless. A crass, egotistical, entitled prick with the money to do what he wanted and the skill to back his trash talk up. He portrayed it a lil to good...and rubbed some folks in the community the wrong way. People stopped working with him, which I guess is why he left. He tried to come back in 2008, with help of my brother making the last actual version of the CAW, but I guess he'd lost his desire to roleplay, and he and the character vanished. Whelp...I'm dusting the character off and breathing new life into him. 8 years older...he's stepping back into the ring after a temporary retirement, having fallen back on his family businesses. He doesn't need to wrestle, he wants to...and solely for the sake of proving to everyone who hated him that he's as good as ever, if not better then he was. Expect the story of DJ to play out in a couple promotions.

Lola Valentine

Rq13CI7.jpg

cgeMmmb.jpg

Y5c2wG6.jpg

Formerly Lola Valenetta, I brought Lola back into 2014 after almost 9 years in my back catalog of characters. The 2016 version sees little change from that version, save for the name and subtle attire stuff...since most of the 2014 attire was done with PT logos. Lola is loosely based on the character Lola from Transporter 3, portrayed by Kate Nauta, who of course I created the face texture off of.

Kendra Allerton

QxKFJ1d.jpg

qFodPY8.jpg

AcmTWLO.jpg

One of the new class of 2016 characters, Kendra Allerton is among the 2016 graduates of the Monster's Den wrestling school owned and run by Dru Mercer. She trained specifically under Heather Fierhart and Lakoda Rose, the head and assistant head trainers for the female athletes. Kendra still has a lot of work to do, but her raw talent and fiery attitude has risen her stock among most, and it doesn't hurt that she's a perfect 10. Kendra is based on glamour model Kendra Jordan in face and "proportions". Much like Jack, she's a work in progress story-wise. Naturally, she looks to Heather and Lakoda as her mentors, but she knows if she's going to become a star in the business, she's got to shine bright on her own.

Rachel Royce

SBqZfMH.jpg

vF0SYt3.jpg

YAySy6K.jpg

Coming to us from jolly ol' England is Rachel Royce, the latest from the Winsor Wrestling Academy. Looking to follow in the footsteps of WWA alumn Crystal Bayless, Rachel is an ambitious talent not afraid to take things up a notch to get what she wants. A face now, I can see myself eventually turning her heel once I develop her character more. The attire is just a rudimentary design I slapped together. Her face texture and morphs are from a photo-manipulated pic of Natalie Dormer I touched up in Photoshop.

Kelli Roy

1eIap0o.jpg

tmEdCe2.jpg

8r7hj1l.jpg

Kelli Roy comes from a line of athletes. Her father, Jean-Luc Roy was a star CHL wingman. Her older brother Mackenzie is a star middle Linebacker in the NFL. Her older sister Brianne is a star tennis player. But Kelli's love has always been pro wrestling. Ever since she saw her 1st show live as a child, she knew she wanted to be a pro wrestler. And in 2013, she made her dream a reality making her debut in EVO wrestling. Since then, she's made a name as one of the up and coming talents redefining women's wrestling. Kelli is loosely based on former Strikeforce and current UFC cardgirl Kelly Hutcherson, as well as Summer Rae. Her backstory ties into created players I've made in other sports games...which I thought was a nice touch, connecting characters in such a way.

Annnnnnnd...that's it for now. I do have a couple more done, but they're not ready to be showcased yet. Still gotta fine tune some stuff. I also have a couple WIPs, all will likely be in my next update. Enjoy the additions to your rosters, folks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This was admittedly my slowest year as far as production. Due in part to real life stuff, focus on playing other games and my hectic work schedule, I wasn't able to create even half of the characters I wanted to. Even as I type this I have concepts floating in my head waiting to be made real. But...I've decided that my 2016 run is done. No point creating anything new when 2K17 is just over a month away. But bet your asses that I'm coming back with a damn vengeance, especially if real life variables fall into place. But even if those things take longer then expected (and they actually are...lol) I'm still coming out swinging for 2017. Updates on the characters I've made, brand new characters, and even a new project. So right now it's all about preparation. Getting all of my logos in order, taking face pics of everyone I've made for 2k17 conversion, that kind of stuff. With that said, I'll see all of you in the 2K17 section.

See you soon my good man ive got plenty of new guys made for you to see soon.

We finally gonna get pwn17 up and running?

At this point I'll say it it's 75% probable. There's one RL thing that I need to fall into place, and I'm giving myself a month or two to make that happen. Once that's done I'll be fully ready to go 100% as I did in years past. Fingers crossed.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived