An Universe Mode Issue..

Mr.YellowFlash

There's no cars in GTA folks...

But you can walk on the roads and pretend you're driving a car if you sway from side to side while using your controller.

Yeah, like... how far do we go with these workarounds before we just say "Yeah, the developer sucks"

So...we're just supposed to ignore all the other stuff done by that and just say the developers suck and give up? Okay. That's going to make the games better.

How many times do they need to demonstrate their incompetence? I mean, VC gets a pass... but Yukes and 2k are obviously the main offenders.

How many times?

You're making it look like they created a basketball game and just slapt the letters "WWE" on it. Once again...You're completley ignoring the positives that they have done and - something that someone with your argument really should consider - their "fanservice" to us this year. They revealed tons of stuff with footage in advance, answered questions directly and if they couldn't said that they couldn't. They even revealed pre-roster and DLC reveal that the 4 Horsewomen wouldn't be in. All stuff that you ignore because of the screw-up with Universe-title matches.

I've praised them numerous times on the official forums.

And yeah, I almost wish they created a basketball game and slapped the letters "WWE" on it... because at least that's where the majority of their time and effort goes... into those games, but they are out of their depth with this series.

It's not just the screw up with Universe, their handling of this series from WWE 2k15 onwards has been terrible. Poor marketing leading up to 2k15, rolling Paul Heyman out there to make fun of legitimate complaints, match type debacle of last year which they failed to fix... and they offered no reason as to why it occured.

Do I need to go on? Because my hatred of this developer hasn't just started when the clock started ticking on WWE 2k16.

Onwards? The only thing we've had since then is 2k15 and aside from this one incident, they've done great. Both in marketing and improving the game.

Not trying to justify this, but people are way overreacting.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the past few weeks I have been coming on this forum and reading, on average, the latest posts of about 7 or 8 threads. Tonight, all I have bothered reading about and pressing the refresh button on is this topic.

That's how much of a killer this pathetic restriction is for me when it comes to the game. To think how buzzing I was about this just two nights ago too!

I'm still praying something can and will be done for when the game comes out, because if not then the potential longevity of this game has just been slashed in half.

I'm exactly like you buddy. I was so hyped for this game. Been counting down the days for the past 2-3 weeks. Now this has changed so much.

Yeah. I mean, I'll probably get a little of the excitement back when I go to buy the game on Friday, but for now I'm far from excited about it.

Like I've said before, this was why I didn't play universe mode the first year it was included & unless it's fixed I won't be doing so again. & that sucks because it is the reason my WWE games have had longevity for the past few years. I mean, I'm still playing 2K15 at the minute. My Career, Showcase mode and exhibition will not keep me playing in the same way.

Again, i'm the same. I have so many ideas for my shows as well. Constantly been thinking of stuff to do.

All i play is universe mode tbh so this has had a major effect on me.

All of this crying over universe mode title matches not being available but i got ask you all 1 question. What did you all use to do before universe mode and Gm mode? Yes im a little muffed about universe mode custom title matches but eeh it no real lose watch out next year 2k might just scrap universe mode all together next year. Like i said earlier im just gonna use good old-fashion pen and paper and exibition matches like back in the day. As for the cut senes i'll just use my imagination :)

Why 09/10 had no replay value to me cause of the removal of GM Mode. I am kind of like blah they removed the title match thing from Universe mode but I'll still play it. I rarely made matches on my own and only played when they popped up at the ppvs but I can still see why it's frustrating to others...

If u want someone to challenge for the title just put them in a rivalry

That's not the point. Sometimes I like to debut DLC characters and win a midcard title in a shock open challenge debut. Sometimes I like a PPV rematch on RAW/SD for the title. Sometimes I like having a Hardcore title change hands every other show. That's just an ignorant thing to say.

If u want someone to challenge for the title just put them in a rivalry

That's not the point. Sometimes I like to debut DLC characters and win a midcard title in a shock open challenge debut. Sometimes I like a PPV rematch on RAW/SD for the title. Sometimes I like having a Hardcore title change hands every other show. That's just an ignorant thing to say.

Same for me, ThreeG. Freedom should and always be the main factor in Universe Mode. I didn't play much of it last year, but with this years roster? I was planning big things for Universe Mode!

If it's THAT big of a deal to you just have a non title match then go into the menu and change the champion there. The only thing you miss out on is a title winning animation. That's it. Oh and Lillian having a slightly different introduction.

If it's THAT big of a deal to you just have a non title match then go into the menu and change the champion there. The only thing you miss out on is a title winning animation. That's it. Oh and Lillian having a slightly different introduction.

"That's it"

Ugh.

Look, there is absolutely no reason for them to take the option out. It HAS to be an oversight. They'll patch it in. Is there any legitimate reason for them to remove it? I can't think of one.

Because of the new universe mechanics? The momentum and new traits?

Archived