4283 replies to this topic

#4281 nWo_Kevin

nWo_Kevin

Legend

• Members
  • 5,417 posts
  • SEN (PS3): xcefkevin

Posted Today, 03:05 PM

Are you really hoping he gets assassinated, Gen?

I think Gen was just sharing a joke this time.  However if you look a few pages back you can find a few "compassionate people" who hope he gets put in a coma or has a stroke.

I hope he dies. He's a piece of shit, and he deserves to die.

Wow. And do you think you're better than him? Trump is a below average President but hoping someone dies because of politics which you mainly don't even understand?  GTFO with that garbage. 

#4282 Vinsmoker

Vinsmoker

Get the D out

• Members
  • 33,748 posts
  • Steam ID: Ectrasyl
  • Twitter: @SennaAsad

Posted Today, 03:22 PM

I think Gen was just sharing a joke this time.  However if you look a few pages back you can find a few "compassionate people" who hope he gets put in a coma or has a stroke.

Wow. And do you think you're better than him? Trump is a below average President but hoping someone dies because of politics which you mainly don't even understand?  GTFO with that garbage. 
as if supporting Trump isn't basically wishing death upon some people

#4283 nWo_Kevin

nWo_Kevin

Legend

• Members
  • 5,417 posts
  • SEN (PS3): xcefkevin

Posted Today, 04:24 PM

as if supporting Trump isn't basically wishing death upon some people

Actually its not. Are there a few terrible Trump supporters? Of course. But I don't believe the majority are. Just as I never believed the majority of Hillary supporters were evil. Wishing Trump death though? That I might  consider a bit evil. 

Here's a pretty good article for you to read. One I posted a few months back, but one that perhaps might help you see things a little different, along with a quote from it.

Why? Because I wanted to meet these people. And I wanted them to meet me. Before we had a “Winner.” How else would we understand each other beyond the “black” and “white” which we BOTH have been painted, non-stop, in this vicious election cycle.

So, I went to breakfast at The Landing on Tongass Avenue and discussed the stakes of the election with third-generation fisherman and learned that their whole life’s work was at stake based on potential Clinton fishing regulations. I talked somewhat fervently about the cancer that is radical Islam with Nicole & Jim, who ran the Black Bear Inn and discussed how we all feel unsafe these days. And I chatted with Paula, the 30-year bar manager, who explained that almost all of Alaska is owned by the federal government so each vote in this community is REALLY about their ability to support their families.

Over the course of two days, I met lovely people. Some I agreed with and some I didn’t. Some of them had met a Muslim before and others hadn’t. But all asked me earnest questions about my background, and I asked about theirs. No question was offensive because the intention was non-judgmental.

On my flight back, I realized that for many of us supporting Hillary, this election was about incredibly important social issues. It was a moral election for us. To most of the people I met on my trip, it was about survival. Literally.

So when I read Facebook/Twitter posts this morning vilifying 50% of the country for being dumb or racist, I remember Nicole, Jim & Paula and I know that’s not true.

But how would I know that if I didn’t meet them and talk to them with an open mind? Only by pulling up a few chairs to PERSONIFY the people we think we hate, will we move beyond “black” and “white” to the way the world really is: grey. Grey is the only way.

Source: http://www.glennbeck...ontentcopy_link

#4284 Vinsmoker

Vinsmoker

Get the D out

• Members
  • 33,748 posts
  • Steam ID: Ectrasyl
  • Twitter: @SennaAsad

Posted Today, 04:30 PM

Yeah...no.

Not everything is or has to be grey. And it doesn't matter what kind of person supports Trump, aslong as they do that and did so through the election. Trump is in power thanks to them. That's all that matters.

Would Clinton have been worse? No idea and irrelevant. The US voted for Trump and now people will suffer for it, irregardless of the reasons why someone voted for Trump