U.S. Politics Discussion

Undercard Jamoke

Obama was classy. Bush was classy to a degree. I don't remember Obama ever crying about the media, republicans, or even citizens lynching effigies of him and burning it. Trump and his supporters whine about Kathy beheading an effigy or some shit, but that's nothing compared to what Obama got. I'm also pretty sure majority of Trump's tweets since he became president had to do with either Hillary, CNN/mainstream media, or Obama, crying and lying about them. Hell, Bush constantly got attacked and I don't ever recall him crying... but then I was surrounded by conservative news and people, so maybe that's why.

I never claimed I was classy nor will I pretend to be classy when it comes to shitheads like Trump, his entire cabinet, and the republican trash that let Trump do whatever he wants as long as he goes with what they want.

Anyways, still sucks Kaepernick is blacklisted from NFL teams just because he stood up for what he thought was right. Dude even backed up his bark.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of crying. #CNNBlackmail is trending on Twitter right now because apparently CNN found the person who created that "Donald Trump beating up CNN" gif that Trump shared and forced him to apologize for making it, or else they would of revealed his identity.

Can we just announce CNN as dead or do we need to let them bury themselves further?

Looks like the person they blackmailed and threatened was a 15 year old kid.

This is the problem with the media. If they just kept their mouth shut people would be rolling their eyes at Trump for sharing the meme and that's it. Now no one is taking about Trump and instead everyone is talking about how CNN bullied a child.

He's not 15 supposedly, but yeah CNN is just digging that grave. Had to go out.looking for a story and became one

Speaking of crying. #CNNBlackmail is trending on Twitter right now because apparently CNN found the person who created that "Donald Trump beating up CNN" gif that Trump shared and forced him to apologize for making it, or else they would of revealed his identity.

Can we just announce CNN as dead or do we need to let them bury themselves further?

There literally was no reason for the kid to apologize, at all, for the GIF. And CNN even had the nerve to threaten to reveal the identity if he messed with CNN again. Apparently though, he's posted anti-Semitic things, if not other bigoted views as well.

In an unrelated topic: I've always wondered at this *censored*ed up logic by the right-wing politicians (if not a lot of right-wingers as well): why are people so against giving the poor/impoverished "handouts" when they're the ones who need it the most, but are okay with doing it for the wealthy who don't need any more handouts, just so they can buy another yacht or some shit? Shit makes no sense.

Read this morning that Trump is pushing to take assisted heating away from people who can't afford to heat their homes in the winter. This dude could seriously not be a bigger sack of shit if he went out of his way to do so (which I'm not entirely convinced that he doesn't).

There literally was no reason for the kid to apologize, at all, for the GIF. And CNN even had the nerve to threaten to reveal the identity if he messed with CNN again. Apparently though, he's posted anti-Semitic things, if not other bigoted views as well.

In an unrelated topic: I've always wondered at this *censored*ed up logic by the right-wing politicians (if not a lot of right-wingers as well): why are people so against giving the poor/impoverished "handouts" when they're the ones who need it the most, but are okay with doing it for the wealthy who don't need any more handouts, just so they can buy another yacht or some shit? Shit makes no sense.

Who cares? It's the internet. I see more than that each day on Facebook on meme pages. Doesn't matter in the least. CNN should not be threatening anyone.

We should get paid for just being alive, instead, we slave away at these minimum wage jobs while they make millions from us.

Please tell me that's sarcasm. If so then, lol. If not then, smh.

We should get paid for just being alive, instead, we slave away at these minimum wage jobs while they make millions from us.

Universal income

Read this morning that Trump is pushing to take assisted heating away from people who can't afford to heat their homes in the winter. This dude could seriously not be a bigger sack of shit if he went out of his way to do so (which I'm not entirely convinced that he doesn't).

So if it's a choice between a piece of shit dying or hundreds and thousands of people dying, I don't regret wishing death upon Trump and any republican that would become president and isn't for the American people.

Who cares? It's the internet. I see more than that each day on Facebook on meme pages. Doesn't matter in the least. CNN should not be threatening anyone.

How does it not matter? A lot of racist/xenophobic killers started out posting anti-Semitic/gay/Muslim/police stuff. Hell, I'm getting bitched at for wanting Trump dead, and yet it doesn't matter that the guy is bigoted?

Already said CNN was in the wrong, but I don't feel that bad about them threatening someone who posts bigoted stuff. But then again, the way you talk about our "hate" for Trump, it's likely a waste of time.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/06/business/dealbook/massachusetts-betsy-devos-lawsuit.html

How does it not matter? A lot of racist/xenophobic killers started out posting anti-Semitic/gay/Muslim/police stuff. Hell, I'm getting bitched at for wanting Trump dead, and yet it doesn't matter that the guy is bigoted?

Already said CNN was in the wrong, but I don't feel that bad about them threatening someone who posts bigoted stuff. But then again, the way you talk about our "hate" for Trump, it's likely a waste of time.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/06/business/dealbook/massachusetts-betsy-devos-lawsuit.html

You already know my feelings on you wanting Trump dead. However if Fox News started threatening you and saying they would expose you, I would stand up for you.

Also in an unrelated note, I'm curious to know what people think of the Charlie Gard situation.

Really *censored*ed up. You're telling me I have the money to take care of MY son, have him pass on MY terms, and you're telling me he has to pass on yours?

Even if I didn't have the money, *Censored* you guys for thinking you can take that right away from me.

I tried so hard not to be pissed at that, but it really got me heated. I'm sure if I had a kid the feelings would be multiplied. Dunno if the parents are still fighting this, or if Charlie is already gone. Haven't been following, but the whole thing is absolute bullshit

You already know my feelings on you wanting Trump dead. However if Fox News started threatening you and saying they would expose you, I would stand up for you.

Also in an unrelated note, I'm curious to know what people think of the Charlie Gard situation.

Likewise. And as I said, if Trump starts doing things for Americans, impoverished and otherwise, then I'll change my views and mind. It's not about republican vs. democrat, it's about the actions of someone who's supposed to do what's in the best interest of people. Why should people lose their insurance when they need it, just so the wealthy can hold on to more money? Why does Dakota Access Pipeline have to be built where the residents need water?

Largely ignorant of his situation, other than seeing Trump's surprisingly cordial tweet, but if a source I read is accurate, then that's just sad. I can't blame the parents if they allow him to die, or if they continue to let him live in hopes that things will get better. Horrible situation to be in when you don't want your child to suffer, but you also don't want to lose him as well.

Would be great to see the experimental treatment work.

If we can be in debt from the day we are born, qe should be able to get paid. I am definitely for universal income.

Largely ignorant of his situation, other than seeing Trump's surprisingly cordial tweet, but if a source I read is accurate, then that's just sad. I can't blame the parents if they allow him to die, or if they continue to let him live in hopes that things will get better. Horrible situation to be in when you don't want your child to suffer, but you also don't want to lose him as well.

The parents want him to live, the EU is saying the child must die.

Here is a brief write-up I found on the story. Of course this is just one perspective but IMO it sums things up nicely.

Charlie Gard, he’s on life support, in a London hospital. He has a rare genetic disorder. There’s only 16 people in the world that have had this. It prevents his cells from producing enough energy to sustain his organs. At this moment, he can’t move or breathe on his own.

The parents have raised $1.6 or 7 million to move Charlie to an American hospital. Why would you move him to an American hospital? Well, because socialized medicine is not as good as the medicine here in the United States.

There is a doctor here at Columbia that has dealt with this very genetic disorder before. And there is a child that is living with this now, five years after treatment and is doing better, off the ventilator, beginning to move his hands and his feet. And the parents say he’s a happy child. But does he have a life worth living? What kind of life is that?

The hospital took the parents to court. They said they need to let the baby die.

They won a series of court rulings. The final one, last week, in their Supreme Court. It was an EU decision. It allowed them to turn off the ventilator and the feeding machines that are keeping Charlie alive. His parents asked for just a few more days.

They say there’s this experimental therapy in the United States. They have the money. The pope has offered help. Donald Trump has offered help.

And yet, Theresa May is saying the child has to die.

Sums things pretty shitty*

Mark 4:40

The child had severe damage in a lot of his systems (including irreversible brain damage), I don't know about the case of the five years old survivor but I'm assuming it was less severe than Charlie's. The doctors at the uk hospital (which apparently is one if not the best pediatrics hospital in the world) thought that because of his condition, the treatment wasn't worth (mind you there was a high chance he would die in the flight). Mind you this kind of decisions aren't made by a handful of doctors, a whole multidisciplinary committee on bioethics is involved and tries to look for the best option.

I know it sucks for the parents, but these decisions have to be made cold headed, rationally, not in the heat of emotions (which is completely understandable on their side). I don't know the researchers of this experimental treatment (who actually defended the hospital's decision), but in this kind of situation they tend to exaggerate the effects of the treatment (they shouldn't) so people will accept it, so there's a chance that the family was given a fake hope. However I do believe that by not allowing Charlie to take the treatment, scientific advancement may have been hated.

At the end of the day, both doctors and the family wanted the best for Charlie and I personally believe that we should listen to professionals that have dedicated their lives to this. Just because you are a parent doesn't mean you know what's best for your child, I know some of you are parents and I don't care if your eyes are bleeding from reading that, you know I'm damn right.

Finally, I think is ridiculous how Donald and the pope are using their influence, despite knowing Jack about the subject, to shift social opinion. Moreover, is *censored*ing insulting how Trump is offering health to a child overseas when he can't even do that with his people.

I don't think the government should have any say in this matter. Who is the government, courts, or even the doctors to decide when a life is worth saving or not? If the parents have the money and want to try and treat their child then that should be their choice.

I think this isn't the most comparable example but how many times do you hear about doctors telling someone they might have a month to live and then that person is still around years later because they continue to fight.

When you the government has the ability to decide the value of life, you are in very serious trouble.

Ultimately it should the child's choice that should be the deciding choice. If he is not able to make it then it should fall on the parents.

But, what if in their (understandibly) desperate attempts to preserve his life, they are drawing out the childs suffering? Wouldn't he be better off in Heaven? (If applicible)

Honestly I understand every point of view involved from the parents to the doctors, but *Censored* the court.

The parents want him to live, the EU is saying the child must die.

Here is a brief write-up I found on the story. Of course this is just one perspective but IMO it sums things up nicely.

Charlie Gard, he’s on life support, in a London hospital. He has a rare genetic disorder. There’s only 16 people in the world that have had this. It prevents his cells from producing enough energy to sustain his organs. At this moment, he can’t move or breathe on his own.

The parents have raised $1.6 or 7 million to move Charlie to an American hospital. Why would you move him to an American hospital? Well, because socialized medicine is not as good as the medicine here in the United States.

There is a doctor here at Columbia that has dealt with this very genetic disorder before. And there is a child that is living with this now, five years after treatment and is doing better, off the ventilator, beginning to move his hands and his feet. And the parents say he’s a happy child. But does he have a life worth living? What kind of life is that?

The hospital took the parents to court. They said they need to let the baby die.

They won a series of court rulings. The final one, last week, in their Supreme Court. It was an EU decision. It allowed them to turn off the ventilator and the feeding machines that are keeping Charlie alive. His parents asked for just a few more days.

They say there’s this experimental therapy in the United States. They have the money. The pope has offered help. Donald Trump has offered help.

And yet, Theresa May is saying the child has to die.

Ah. The decision should be left up to the parents, not the government. but on the other hand, I can understand why, and maybe they're thinking in the child's best interest. Why draw out his suffering? And yet, what if he could be saved?

There's probably no right answer here.

Archived