New Smacktalk detail video (confirmed arenas in CAA and more)

Iced-Earth

However, and I can't stress this enough, we need to be able to edit alternate attires of people. Not being able to create attires for bald CM Punk or long haired Triple H really sucked last year.

It will really suck also if we cannot edit Finn Balor without his demon bodypaint.

the paint job is his alt attire... i dont believe you can edit alt attires this year

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i really want to hear things about the a.i....and about moves.

like...some of the big reasons i didn't bother w/ next gen 2k15....is the terrible reviews and how wrestlers only had half the grapple moves as last gen.

i really expected them to overhaul the gameplay a little more than just making it faster (which, isn't the slower pace one of the few reasons ppl liked 2k15?) and changing the submission and pin meters.

why would they put out the same product w/ just more wrestlers and readding last gen creation features...and think that its enough to not get bad reviews again?

1. the biggest knocks against last year's game was the lack of feature depth

2. the game is more responsive and a little quicker but with a little effort you could have easily compared videos of 15 & 16 and made that determination on your own.

3. there might have been fewer grapples from chain holds last year but new position are being added all the time and help offset this: kneeling in 15 and seated in 16. there are 5 actions against kneeling and 6 actions against the seated position. strong strikes have been expanded as well. there are now up to 5 strong strikes in the front, 2 in the back and 6 on the ground (3 face up, 3 face down). move set variety is a non issue.

plenty of companies release nearly identical games every year with minor tweaks (see Madden, NHL, FIFA, NBA2K, etc0

He crossed over on My Career/Create a Moveset so I was unsure if he meant the fighting styles and personality traits were available throughout create a moveset for everyone, or only in MyCareer?

Pretty sure he ment CAW mode with the personality traits. In the MyCareer mode you (probably) cannot set your personality a certain way. Because that's all about choices and the player having control over what your character does and says.

However, and I can't stress this enough, we need to be able to edit alternate attires of people. Not being able to create attires for bald CM Punk or long haired Triple H really sucked last year.

It will really suck also if we cannot edit Finn Balor without his demon bodypaint.

the paint job is his alt attire... i dont believe you can edit alt attires this year

No demon paint is his default and his non paint is his alternate....

No demon paint is his default and his non paint is his alternate....

no, it's not. trust me, i know.

Finished watching the video an it's entirety and have to say I'm happy with my pre-order. As annoying as Smacktalks voice is he's never been the type of guy to just lie and tell us what we want to hear. The submission system sounds harder than I figured it would be. Wow, I'm really confident with my pre-order for sure.

You guys think Smacktalks is annoying? Try listening to The101 - he's got some good stuff but...DAMN!

Why do threads keep descending into "Lets slag off the british guys giving us the info videos because they have funny accents" as of late? This is supposed to be a discussion about the infor we just got, so grow up and leave peoples regional accents out of it. Yes, we're British, we talk funny. Deal with it.

I really hope all the new career stuff has been included in Universe. Would be so much better to be able to start feuds with sneak attacks etc.

Finished watching the video an it's entirety and have to say I'm happy with my pre-order. As annoying as Smacktalks voice is he's never been the type of guy to just lie and tell us what we want to hear. The submission system sounds harder than I figured it would be. Wow, I'm really confident with my pre-order for sure.

You guys think Smacktalks is annoying? Try listening to The101 - he's got some good stuff but...DAMN!

Why do threads keep descending into "Lets slag off the british guys giving us the info videos because they have funny accents" as of late? This is supposed to be a discussion about the infor we just got, so grow up and leave peoples regional accents out of it. Yes, we're British, we talk funny. Deal with it.

Dude, chill.

i really want to hear things about the a.i....and about moves.

like...some of the big reasons i didn't bother w/ next gen 2k15....is the terrible reviews and how wrestlers only had half the grapple moves as last gen.

i really expected them to overhaul the gameplay a little more than just making it faster (which, isn't the slower pace one of the few reasons ppl liked 2k15?) and changing the submission and pin meters.

why would they put out the same product w/ just more wrestlers and readding last gen creation features...and think that its enough to not get bad reviews again?

A faster pace then last year but not as fast as previous years is good, they added tons to creation suites, they added AI features we wanted such as style and personality, they added real time attacks during entrances, vastly improved career mode so it's more like everyone has requested ala HCTP, they quadrupled the CAW SLOTS, they added a hair painting feature many wanted, in the ad of the biggest roster to date. Yeah did hundreds of muumuus and new commentary re-did this mission system everyone wanted , and reworked the way reversals work, also adding hundreds of animations for that.

That is a lot in one year

Not just british guys, lol...I've seen this talk with americans too man

He crossed over on My Career/Create a Moveset so I was unsure if he meant the fighting styles and personality traits were available throughout create a moveset for everyone, or only in MyCareer?

I was at the same press event as Smacktalks, so I'll chip in some info while I'm planning my article. Personality traits are available in vanilla CAS mode, outside of MyCareer FWIW.

For Universe mode, on the face of things it seems to be the same as last year, but I'm not 100% sure, as I jumped in, saw the same screen as last years Universe mode, played one match (I did not see the ability to interfere like in MyCareer, nor can you Break-Out/Run-In during entrances if you just jump in from the match card.)

Moves wise, noticed a lot more moves, but didn't have enough time to go through them all, but my favourites so far have to be the new standing Curb Stomp, and there's a wrist clutch blue thunder bomb which might just be my go-to finisher this year.

Going back to Break-Outs, I had a ton of fun with that feature. Roman Reigns has a new entrance, ala WWE 2K iPhone, which you can break out with, but you start at the stage while he climbs the turnbuckles, so it's not that useful in that situation. (I had Kevin Owens sprint down the ramp to try and attack him in time, wasting the first level of stamina.)

You can also use break outs while you are doing your entrance, so you can get the jump on your opponent while they're in-ring waiting for your entrance.

Also something that you guys may not be the happiest with, they've changed the way that call names are done. You have a selection of first and last names, with a nickname modifier that can be put before or after your name. The days of stringing together similar sounding syllables is pretty much done for. Which is a shame because my favourite from last year was attached to a Shinsuke Nakamura CAW that had Justin Roberts proclaim him as "Shrinker Your Mother". Whatever that means.

EDIT: As for fighting styles, it's not what you think, really. They're just premade movesets for the quick mode of Create-A-Moveset.

Uhh don't think anyone mentioned anything about British people....

I was at the same press event as Smacktalks, so I'll chip in some info while I'm planning my article. Personality traits are available in vanilla CAS mode, outside of MyCareer FWIW.

For Universe mode, on the face of things it seems to be the same as last year, but I'm not 100% sure, as I jumped in, saw the same screen as last years Universe mode, played one match (I did not see the ability to interfere like in MyCareer, nor can you Break-Out/Run-In during entrances if you just jump in from the match card.)

Moves wise, noticed a lot more moves, but didn't have enough time to go through them all, but my favourites so far have to be the new standing Curb Stomp, and there's a wrist clutch blue thunder bomb which might just be my go-to finisher this year.

Going back to Break-Outs, I had a ton of fun with that feature. Roman Reigns has a new entrance, ala WWE 2K iPhone, which you can break out with, but you start at the stage while he climbs the turnbuckles, so it's not that useful in that situation. (I had Kevin Owens sprint down the ramp to try and attack him in time, wasting the first level of stamina.)

You can also use break outs while you are doing your entrance, so you can get the jump on your opponent while they're in-ring waiting for your entrance.

Also something that you guys may not be the happiest with, they've changed the way that call names are done. You have a selection of first and last names, with a nickname modifier that can be put before or after your name. The days of stringing together similar sounding syllables is pretty much done for. Which is a shame because my favourite from last year was attached to a Shinsuke Nakamura CAW that had Justin Roberts proclaim him as "Shrinker Your Mother". Whatever that means.

EDIT: As for fighting styles, it's not what you think, really. They're just premade movesets for the quick mode of Create-A-Moveset.

Kinda sucks that they took out the call name editing but... are there more names to choose from overall? That would make up for it.

What about Hulk Hogan's moves and taunts, are they still in? Did they remove any or a lot of moves from the past games?

NO! That really blows. Hopefully there's a wide variety to choose from.

NO! That really blows. Hopefully there's a wide variety to choose from.

:( A moment of silence. That actually really does suck. Probably because WWE got rid of Justin Roberts for some stupid reason and now Lillian's in the *censored*ing game.

Page 2, using SmackTalks' concept roster. smh

Yeah, noticed that. Likely because they wanted something to show the scope of the roster that wasn't too large like the wallpaper.

That's legit probably the reason, they had all those names recorded with Roberts but they released him.

Yeah, that's a lot to re-record. So likely they decided to change it up. Will have to reserve judgement until I see how it works out.

Archived