Friday the 13th game

Generations

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, this game ridiculously fun. Been playing it for a few hours, only escaped once but I'm pretty proud of myself. Was kinda worried that it wouldn't be as fun playing by myself, especially seeing how much fun some YouTubers are having, but it's still really fun. Takes kind of a long time to find a match though, so far it's taken about 5-8 minutes :/

Also, it's *censored*ing terrifying being in a house when Jason cuts the power haha

And another thing, *censored* people that spend the entire match hiding. Had 1 match where a player spent the ENTIRE match in a tent, even when they were the last one left. Thankfully Jason found and killed them.

Checked in on a stream yesterday for this. I'm one of the games, the guy didn't do what these two others were wanting him to do. He went to do stuff with someone else for the car. So one just started to constantly stand in front of him and the other attacked with a machete until Jason popped up and killed him and the machete guy.

The door smash kill and head punch are my favorites so far... good times!

The head punch is great. I love the variety in ways to kill people, keeps things more interesting.

Checked in on a stream yesterday for this. I'm one of the games, the guy didn't do what these two others were wanting him to do. He went to do stuff with someone else for the car. So one just started to constantly stand in front of him and the other attacked with a machete until Jason popped up and killed him and the machete guy.

Hate it when people do that. It's fine if you're just messing around with friends but to purposefully screw over someone for not following your lead is pretty crappy. If the person clearly isn't gonna join up then just let them be.

Just curious but for those of you who play the game, do you typically mute people or not? I do, just a personal preference, and I get that it can screw me over as some people will actually try to help. It'd be a different story if I had a mic though.

I think the best idea in this game would be to hear other players voices at close distance and not when they're on the other side of the map.

That's only if you pick up a walkie and even then you can only talk to other people that have walkies. At least that's how it is on the PS4 version.

Speaking of the PS4 version, it's currently glitched out and you can't rank up. Also, whenever I try to get a new perk it glitches the game and I have to restart it. Hoping this gets fixed soon.

So I tried playing with everyone unmuted and I actually like it better this way (unless someone's annoying, then I'll mute them). Got put in a group where pretty much everyone had a mic (felt like an outcast haha) and they seemed pretty cool. There was one woman though that kept telling her kids to shut up :lol:

EDIT: Also, I *censored*ing hate driving. I've always sucked at driving, regardless which game it is, and do my best to avoid it. However, kinda hard to in this game if you find keys or an abandoned car seeing as it's a good chance to escape.

I think the best idea in this game would be to hear other players voices at close distance and not when they're on the other side of the map.

That's only if you pick up a walkie and even then you can only talk to other people that have walkies. At least that's how it is on the PS4 version.

Speaking of the PS4 version, it's currently glitched out and you can't rank up. Also, whenever I try to get a new perk it glitches the game and I have to restart it. Hoping this gets fixed soon.

So I tried playing with everyone unmuted and I actually like it better this way (unless someone's annoying, then I'll mute them). Got put in a group where pretty much everyone had a mic (felt like an outcast haha) and they seemed pretty cool. There was one woman though that kept telling her kids to shut up :lol:

EDIT: Also, I *censored*ing hate driving. I've always sucked at driving, regardless which game it is, and do my best to avoid it. However, kinda hard to in this game if you find keys or an abandoned car seeing as it's a good chance to escape.

Judging from some of the PC live streams that I've been watching since Thursday... the same things have been happening to that player base.

So the servers are being shutdown today from 7am EST to 10am EST (presumably) so they can fix the main issues most people are having (including the 2 I mentioned). And all XP gained should be added once the fix the ranking issue so that's good.

Also, according to their Facebook page, they'll be adding bots once single player gets added. That's pretty cool.

EDIT: The amount of people *censored*ing about this game is unreal. I get it's frustrating, especially since it was delayed, but holy hell. People asking for compensation and claiming to have been screwed over and whatnot. It's not like this game was made by some huge company, people just need to chill the fudge out.

I personally think, for the small team that they are, they're doing a pretty good job at being on top of things.

Yeah... over the years, I've seen too many AAA video games have rockier launches than this one had.

And according what I read from the developers this morning, 6.3 million counselors have died by Jason's hands since its launch on Friday.

Was watching some friends play this last night. Seems like a solid game. Pretty entertaining, really. Not something I'd play myself, but definitely good fun to spectate. Servers seem to be a bit shit, and there are a ton of glitches and other issues. But the potential is there for this game to be properly polished up. If they could somehow get Freddy DLC in there, that would be awesome, IMO.

I got to admit, I didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I do. Legit was cracking up, scared at times too. I would recommend it even at a $40 price point (as soon as the servers are fixed)

The "Savini" Jason is the one that I'd like to get my hands on... just too bad it's ultra exclusive. And that Jason skin is even sweeter when live streamers queue up Kane's intro music to play after certain environmental kills.

Archived