Working copy of Pokemon Red being built in Minecraft...

Generations

Yeah, so...

http://kotaku.com/someones-making-a-working-copy-of-pokemon-red-in-minecr-1734030916?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

If it wasn’t obvious, this recreation is really complex.

“There’s a physical representation of the map...in spawn chunks in which each block corresponds with a texture,” Magib1 explained.

“When the player clicks, a reader armor stand moves and clones the row of new textures behind the display. Display armor stands then detect the block type and stick the corresponding texture on their head before moving. The player model is just swapping between a static walking and standing texture.”

“In order to store easily accessible information I’m also creating a sort of physical database underneath the block map,” Magib1 wrote. “For example, the first layer under the map represents whether the block can be walked on or not (green wool = yes, red wool = no). Separate levels with this type of binary information can be created for doorways, surfable tiles, signs, etc. This cuts down on the command blocks needed, as lag is a very serious concern for the map.”

o8AgMNo.gif

Yeah Minecraft is pretty insane with all of this being possible. Like some Electrical/Computer Engineering classes I took, my professors would actually talk about how you could do it in Minecraft. But I just never thought people would actually take the time to do something this big. Really cool though.

Archived