Official Netflix/Hulu/Amazon/Disney+/HBO Max Topic

Generations

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is War Machine any good? Gonna get around to watching that soon...hearing that it's kinda "meh"...but I won't let that stop me from watching and forming my own opinion.

Hearing the same but there are a few credible critics who gave it a high review if you care about that stuff.

I was going to watch it Friday because I like the cast and the director. But the plot description isn't exactly intriguing...

Few days ago I got into Black Mirror and I have to say it is absolutely brilliant.

The fact that each episode is a unique story and almost every single one is great says a lot.

I have a question though.Today I finished season 2 and I learned that from season 3 and on the rights were bought by Netflix and it is considered a Netflix Original from now on.The question is,has the quality dropped or is it just as great?

I put this here since it is considered a Netflix show from now on and I didn't find a thread for it.

Few days ago I got into Black Mirror and I have to say it is absolutely brilliant.

The fact that each episode is a unique story and almost every single one is great says a lot.

I have a question though.Today I finished season 2 and I learned that from season 3 and on the rights were bought by Netflix and it is considered a Netflix Original from now on.The question is,has the quality dropped or is it just as great?

I put this here since it is considered a Netflix show from now on and I didn't find a thread for it.

It's still great, and there's six episodes in Season 3 rather than two like the other seasons.

Got around to watching 'War Machine'...

The people who I watched it with weren't into it at all. But, I was actually pleasantly surprised by its subtle brand of humor. Actually laughed quite a few times. Not big "hahaha" type laughs...but, it was one of those movies that just had me feeling amused throughout...chuckling here and there.

A few of the best scenes:

When he walks into the office of President Karzai, and he thinks the they're praying, so he stands there quietly...and then the President just goes "shit!" or whatever...and it turns out they were trying to hook up a blu ray player to the tv. :lol:

Or...

When the guy is explaining why they grow heroin poppies in Afghanistan. That was probably my favorite moment. With General McMahon just being like "oh..." Hahaha.

I take back what I said.

The Keepers was intriguing as hell. And quite disgusting...

Yeah, the wife and I just started watching 'The Keepers' a few days ago... even though we're only four episodes into the series, intriguing and disgusting are the two perfect words that can be used to describe the series.

Got around to watching 'War Machine'...

The people who I watched it with weren't into it at all. But, I was actually pleasantly surprised by its subtle brand of humor. Actually laughed quite a few times. Not big "hahaha" type laughs...but, it was one of those movies that just had me feeling amused throughout...chuckling here and there.

A few of the best scenes:

When he walks into the office of President Karzai, and he thinks the they're praying, so he stands there quietly...and then the President just goes "shit!" or whatever...and it turns out they were trying to hook up a blu ray player to the tv. :lol:

Or...

When the guy is explaining why they grow heroin poppies in Afghanistan. That was probably my favorite moment. With General McMahon just being like "oh..." Hahaha.

I think the main problem was that it tried to be everything and it didn't mesh well it try to be a satire comedy drama action political war movie it could been done much better

I don't know what "tried to be everything" even means...

It was a war satire/comedy...and it achieved that just fine. It wasn't an action movie or a drama in the least (aside from that one five-minute war scene in the village). It was just a wartime comedy/satire with subtle jokes that I think went over a lot of people's heads. It's not a laugh-out-loud affair...but there is plenty in there that provides a chuckle if you understand why it's funny.

I can't remember why I stopped watching midway through season 2 (might of just been too busy at the time). But heard towards the end it went downhill

:( thats not encouraging to hear...

I'm going to give it a shot regardless, I'm on break and need something to watch

It looks.... interesting

I heard the mother is really good in it.

Mother Bates (Vera Farmiga) is really good in Bates Motel.

And as far as its ending goes... I've watched much worse series finales in the past.

I can't remember why I stopped watching midway through season 2 (might of just been too busy at the time). But heard towards the end it went downhill

:( thats not encouraging to hear...

I'm going to give it a shot regardless, I'm on break and need something to watch

The second season sucked. But the first and third are amazing...

Haven't seen the latest yet.

Archived