Official Netflix/Hulu/Amazon/Disney+/HBO Max Topic

Generations

Can't believe how expensive Netflix is these days. It is honestly the worst streaming service with the least to watch now, IMO...and they charge way more than anyone else. Hell...I get HBO Max and Peacock for free with Xfinity. Hulu is always being given away for free with Xbox. Things like Paramount and Disney are decently priced at $4.99-$9.99...but Netlflix is like $15.99 for standard and $19.99 for 4K...and they offer hardly anything "major" outside of Stranger Things. It really feels like they're going to dig themselves into a Blockbuster shaped hole soon. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2022 at 7:03 PM, Generations said:

Can't believe how expensive Netflix is these days. It is honestly the worst streaming service with the least to watch now, IMO...and they charge way more than anyone else. Hell...I get HBO Max and Peacock for free with Xfinity. Hulu is always being given away for free with Xbox. Things like Paramount and Disney are decently priced at $4.99-$9.99...but Netlflix is like $15.99 for standard and $19.99 for 4K...and they offer hardly anything "major" outside of Stranger Things. It really feels like they're going to dig themselves into a Blockbuster shaped hole soon. 

It's amazing how they're going from forcing Blockbuster to go out of business to following Blockbuster's route themselves. 

Intending to watch Prey after I finish Sandman. Speaking of which...Sandman is just cast very, very well. I'm not super familiar with the source material...but, I was listening to Neil Gaiman on WTF podcast with Marc Maron (so I know that they did a lot of gender-swapping type stuff with the characters). And I really don't know if the characters in the show are better this way (because I don't know what they originally were)...but, I do think that everyone on the show is doing a pretty excellent job. I especially enjoyed Gwendolyn Christie as Lucifer. 

• 2 weeks later...

Prey was pretty good. But, I guess I expected it to be a bit more than what it was.

I honestly didn't care too much for the film's take on Native people. - I know this is a bit of a eyeroll of a complaint...but, a few of the scenes that portrayed the Natives as savages who killed for fun and then laughed about it (or cut off the mountain lion's head for no reason) just seemed like bullshit to me. 

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, The Nerd said:

Edgerunners is incredible. As a stan of the game I’m incredibly impressed with how much from the game they packed in. One of the best animes of all time imo. And it’s only one season. Can binge it in no time for anyone interested! 

Can confirm, twas pretty good. I started playing again after watching it and wouldn't consider it my favorite, but I can appreciate how much of the game was perfectly pulled into anime-form. It gets a little impossible as only an anime could at times, but it feels like a proper extension of the world the game built

15 hours ago, WNX said:

Can confirm, twas pretty good. I started playing again after watching it and wouldn't consider it my favorite, but I can appreciate how much of the game was perfectly pulled into anime-form. It gets a little impossible as only an anime could at times, but it feels like a proper extension of the world the game built

I’m just upset there was only 10 episodes…

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished Dahmer. Not my usual sheeit but it was heavily referred by a co-worker and jeeeeeeeeeeeeeezus christ. It's all bitter-sweet. Wonderfully acted by the entire cast, but only at the expense of every individual affected by the true story to this day that now has to have their trauma front and center... AGAIN. It's so hard to give props when families have to suffer but gaddamn did Ralph Boner put the work in

• 4 weeks later...

Wait...why are they recasting him? Does Cavil just not want to do it? Yeah...that shit ain't gonna fly. Might as well just cancel it.

Anyway...just watched 'All Quiet on the Western Front'. Very good. And now I feel like playing Plague Tale again (which I never actually finished). I know PT has nothing to do with WW1...but I guess it's just the bleakness of the whole thing. I don't know. Don't ask me to to explain how my brain works. Lol.

• 2 months later...

Archived