Official Netflix/Hulu/Amazon/Disney+/HBO Max Topic

Generations

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Apparently I get HBO max for free via Xfinity. If other people haven't tried that, it might be worth checking. You literally just go to the HBO max website and select "sign in via provider", and it will sign you in automatically if your ISP is supported. Didn't need to make an account or anything. Just needed to send a email confirmation to the email associated with the person who pays the cable bill. Pretty sweet, since I had no real intentions of actually paying for Max otherwise.

Guest Fight Me.

Yeah, it was like that before with the older HBO apps (Go/Now). They probably just decided to keep that or they might've lost I don't know how many subscribers lol

Yesterday I watched 'Outside the Wire' on Netflix.

Been looking forward to that one since I first heard about it, and it didn't disappoint. Reviews are pretty lackluster for it...but, as usual...reviews don't hold the whole truth. If you like action films...you pretty much know what kind of waters you're wading into. It's an action film. It doesn't exactly present itself as Oscar-worthy. It's a military-centric, sci-fi, gun-fu movie with buddy cop elements. I don't know what some of the people who wrote these reviews were expecting it to be. If you are fan of that type of film by even the slightest degree, you should enjoy it plenty.

The one with Benedict Cumberbatch? IMO the last two seasons are just meh.

Currently watching The World's Most Extraordinary Homes on Netflix, and I'm bowled over by the amazing quality and resolution. I'm enjoying it so far. 

We also watched Outside The Wire a few nights ago and I thought it was really really bad, honestly. We watched Terminator Genisys the same day and enjoyed that way more.

Also on Netflix, we saw The Midnight Sky and we all really liked it. It's got some gorgeous cinematography so that's always a plus for me.

We completed Night Stalker on Netflix over the weekend... kinda forgot how Ramirez's string of murders had this country terrorized during the mid-to-late 1980s.

The biggest shame was remembering how he stayed on a death row sentence until 2013, when cancer eventually claimed his life. 

• 3 weeks later...

The first trailer for 'Cruella' just released...and they went WAY too hard into making her out to be some female version of Joker. I'm not really sure why Cruella De vil needed an origin story to begin with. She's just an awful rich woman who values material wealth over life. Odd choice for Disney to spotlight in the first place. 

Archived