Official Netflix/Hulu/Amazon/Disney+/HBO Max Topic

Generations

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta watch that.

As noted earlier, Orange Is The New Black and Weeds creator Jenji Kohan is working on creating a Netflix series based on the GLOW (Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling) promotion.

It was reported last week that the GLOW series was looking for a full series order after writing the pilot, and now The Hollywood Reporter mentioned the show has a 10 episode season that will be set in Los Angeles. Additionally, the series was described as featuring (according to THR):

big hair and body slams and tell the fictionalized story of an out-of-work actress who finds one last attempt to live her dreams in the form of a weekly series about female wrestlers.

The comedy was co-created by Liz Flahive (Homeland) and Carly Mensch (Orange), who will exec produce alongside Kohan and Oranges Tara Herrmann. Flahive and Mensch who previously collaborated on Showtimes Nurse Jackie will serve as showrunners.

Netflix will produce the show, with co-creators Liz Flahive and Carly Mensch serving as executive producers along with Orange Is The New Blacks Jenji Kohan and Tara Herrmann. It was originally reported Kohan had been inspired by the GLOW series streaming on Netflix to create the new series.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/713857-update-on-la-bidding-on-super-bowl-mania

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm not sure when it went up, but the new Voltron series from Dreamworks is up now. I didn't really watch the show growing up so I wasn't really invested but I'm liking this first episode so far. I think I'll stick with it

Gotta watch that.

As noted earlier, Orange Is The New Black and Weeds creator Jenji Kohan is working on creating a Netflix series based on the GLOW (Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling) promotion.

It was reported last week that the GLOW series was looking for a full series order after writing the pilot, and now The Hollywood Reporter mentioned the show has a 10 episode season that will be set in Los Angeles. Additionally, the series was described as featuring (according to THR):

big hair and body slams and tell the fictionalized story of an out-of-work actress who finds one last attempt to live her dreams in the form of a weekly series about female wrestlers.

The comedy was co-created by Liz Flahive (Homeland) and Carly Mensch (Orange), who will exec produce alongside Kohan and Oranges Tara Herrmann. Flahive and Mensch who previously collaborated on Showtimes Nurse Jackie will serve as showrunners.

Netflix will produce the show, with co-creators Liz Flahive and Carly Mensch serving as executive producers along with Orange Is The New Blacks Jenji Kohan and Tara Herrmann. It was originally reported Kohan had been inspired by the GLOW series streaming on Netflix to create the new series.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/713857-update-on-la-bidding-on-super-bowl-mania

Sounds pretty nice, will prob give it a watch.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got finished up watching Season Four of Orange Is the New Black and loved it, much better than Season Three as I had hoped. Unfortunately, I got spoiled on...

...Poussey dying before I started the season but I was still shocked with how it actually happened. I was expecting it to be something gang related.

Going into Season Five, I'm expecting Linda to shoot/kill Daya and one of those pieces of paper that Alex and Piper were burning will have survived and will be found by a CO/Caputo. Piper's sentence has got to be coming to an end, right? I could see her taking the blame for Aydin's death to protect Alex and having her sentence extended...if they keep her around that is but I wouldn't mind if they didn't, she's one of my least favourite characters at this point.

I just got finished up watching Season Four of Orange Is the New Black and loved it, much better than Season Three as I had hoped. Unfortunately, I got spoiled on...

...Poussey dying before I started the season but I was still shocked with how it actually happened. I was expecting it to be something gang related.

Going into Season Five, I'm expecting Linda to shoot/kill Daya and one of those pieces of paper that Alex and Piper were burning will have survived and will be found by a CO/Caputo. Piper's sentence has got to be coming to an end, right? I could see her taking the blame for Aydin's death to protect Alex and having her sentence extended...if they keep her around that is but I wouldn't mind if they didn't, she's one of my least favourite characters at this point.

Agree with all of this, also got that spoiled too me.

Also, HIGHLY recommend watching the Jake Roberts documentary to anybody, really damn good.

I certainly think Piper becoming less of a favourite character is on purpose. She was our way into the prison all innocent and wide eyed, but as we get to know her we realise the kind of person she really is. I like that. I do think the series ends with her being released and I do think that is soon. Perhaps 2 more seasons left? I don't want the show to run forever and potentially end up becoming shit. Unless they announce season 5 is the final one then I can see season 6 being the last one.

• 2 weeks later...

If you’ve ever logged into your parents’ HBO Go account, or let your girlfriend use your Netflix login, then you, my friend, may have committed a federal crime. The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit has ruled that it is illegal to use someone else’s password to access a service without the OK of the system’s owner (that’d be the company who provides the service, not the person paying for the subscription). Meaning, yes, we are all lawbreakers now.

The ruling came about in a case about a headhunting firm database, not HBO or Netflix (or any other streaming service) specifically. The court has deemed password sharing illegal under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act passed in 1986. However, Judge Stephen Reinhardt pointed out in his dissent that the decision could be a slippery slope that applies to all “consensual password sharing” and makes “unwitting federal criminals” out of people engaging in normal, everyday activity.

Like, you know, letting friends use their Netflix or HBO accounts. Or any of the other very normal situations that Reinhardt rattled off as examples:

Take the case of an office worker asking a friend to log onto his email in order to print a boarding pass, in violation of the system owner’s access policy; or the case of one spouse asking the other to log into a bank website to pay a bill, in violation of the bank’s password sharing prohibition. There are other examples that readily come to mind, such as logging onto a computer on behalf of a colleague who is out of the office, in violation of a corporate computer access policy, to send him a document he needs right away.

But before you freak out, the odds of anyone actually getting thrown in jail for sharing a Netflix account with their roommate are very slim. For starters, the company itself doesn’t really seem to care. “We love people sharing Netflix whether they’re two people on a couch or 10 people on a couch,” said CEO Reed Hastings earlier this year. “That’s a positive thing, not a negative thing.” Hastings pointed out that people who get hooked on Netflix using other people’s passwords may go on to open accounts of their own.

HBO is less enthusiastic about password sharing, but CEO Richard Plepler has said that it’s simply not a big concern for them. “Should it become a big number, we will deal with it,” he said. “We will change the number of concurrent streams that are available. But right now the number really isn’t significant as long as it remains de minimis.”

Even if these services do decide to crack down, it’s likely they’ll turn to technological solutions (like limiting concurrent streams, as Plepler mentions) rather than legal ones. There just isn’t much to be gained for these companies by hunting down loyal subscribers for failing to create four separate accounts for every member of a household, and it’ll be a PR nightmare if they actually start suing their own customers for a very common practice.

So go forth and binge Bojack Horseman on your sister’s Netflix account with abandon. (If you start now, you’ll totally have time to catch up before season 3 hits later this month.) And when you do, embrace the little thrill that comes with the realization that it technically makes you an outlaw.

http://www.slashfilm.com/password-sharing/

Anyone watched Stranger Things? Show is awesome!

Usually when I watch a Netflix exclusive I tend to break it up because I hate rushing through TV shows.. But, I couldn't help myself. I actually watched it halfway through again already. It's so good.

I wouldn't have a problem either way. The ending of the show lends itself to being both a definitive end or a cliffhanger for another season, depending on what you want it to be. I think I heard that they are already planning a second season though. Don't quote me on it...but I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere.

They could do something with Barb. I know she's dead (in my mind, anyway)...but they could always say that there's more to the upside down than just life and death. Or maybe Barb ended up in yet another dimension. That could be one way to go. Also, when they were in the upside down, there was an object that looked like an egg...and during the scene in the school, there was one creature there, and simultaneously another one in the upside down, I think...so that makes it seem like there are more creatures. Eleven only killed one (or maybe she didn't even)...as she disappeared as well (and we know she is alive - via the end scene). And then you've got Will coughing up the tentacle thing...so, there are definitely loose ends. Everything points to a second season, tbh.

Only watch this if you've seen the whole show:

Stranger Things spoilers;

We know El is alive? Was it confirmed by Hopper putting something in that box in the forest? I was kinda confused by that bit myself.

Yeah, it was Ego Waffles. There's really nothing else that could have meant. Part of his agreement was obviously to work for the shady organization, and feeding El is either part of that, or just a secret thing that he's doing on his own...but he's definitely bringing her waffles.

Stranger Things spoilers;

We know El is alive? Was it confirmed by Hopper putting something in that box in the forest? I was kinda confused by that bit myself.

Yeah, it was Ego Waffles. There's really nothing else that could have meant. Part of his agreement was obviously to work for the shady organization, and feeding El is either part of that, or just a secret thing that he's doing on his own...but he's definitely bringing her waffles.

Makes sense. I assumed it was for her, but no idea what eggo's are or what they look like so I wasn't sure.

Archived