Xbox One vs. PS4

glchitman

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have both systems and the obvious answer as a few people said is to get the system you have the most friends on. I had 99 on 360 and maybe like 12 on PS3. It seemed people were more open to chatting on the 360 than the PS3. Since I've gotten both systems since launch I haven't really added new friends but it remains at least for me that Sony seems to be more about the single player experience and Microsoft is more about party play. I've gotten games like Batman Arkham Knight and Witcher 3 for PS4 and Destiny, GTAV for XB1. The whole not a lot of legends thing isnt really a major factor as again someone stated CAW mode sucked last year (I just realized today the Young Bucks CAWS I downloaded are literally hair color swaps of each other) I've come across what looked like excellent Scott Halls, Goldbergs, Demolitions, Jeff Hardys, Angles, etc but the lack of 3D beards and proper face morphing killed the "CAWmunity" on 2K15. If your like myself and your focus is on a more updated roster then the lack of legends last year means nothing to you.

The biggest questions you need to ask when considering the next machine.

1.) what are your friends playing on?

2.) who has the exclusives that intrest you the most?

3.) what bundle/deal offers the best value for your needs.

Don't judge the new machines on their previous editions, lots have changed between progressions

I would also add the comfort and "familiarity" of the controller. For me it was a consideration as since the PS2, I have hardly touched a Playstation pad - I find I'm much more comfortable with the Xbox one.

Of the ones you mentioned, the biggest consideration is exclusives. The "canning" of the Getaway 3 was basically what stopped me going for a PS3 - the lack of Forza motorsport, was what prevented me getting a PS4 (aside from the pad).

Always preferred PlayStation over Xbox. Though to be fair, I never tried out the One yet. I just prefer the PS controller and the PS exclusives appeal to be more. Both consoles have stuff that make them great, just have to figure out which console appeals to you more. I'd say the exclusive games would be a big thing to consider.

I don't know and don't care. I only have an XBO and games including 2K15 look and works great on it and so hopefully 2k16 does too.

I've had a PS4 and both are fantastic consoles with their own awesome features and games wheather exclusive or third party and port or not usually work wonderfully on both consoles

im in the same situation. Im probably going with XB1. Even though the graphics seemed to better on every multiplat game on the PS4. I'm already paying for Xbox live right now....and my fave last gen controller is the 360 one, so i imagine my fave for next gen would be XB1. Never played one but i've played PS4 and i didn't like the controller.

there also doesn't seem to be any exclusives for PS4....which is a shame since PS3 had the best ones last gen.

one major issue i could see is the community creations. XB1 had the worst selling version last year. Everyone bought the PS4 version. Which is odd because though i had both consoles last gen.....i ALWAYS bought the xbox version. Because for a long time the playstation version would get less caw slots and caw layers or something

Even on the PS3 if you was a fan of Legend creations the sony side seemed to have better creations. Dynomite did a ton of them, then you had people who did realistic legend arenas. I dont recall xbox being as good as I had both systems.

PC. Get modding tools and games released on PC are superior to console counterparts. Get Withcer 3 while you're at it and thank me later.

PC superior? Hows Batman Arkaham Knight working out for ya?

with being able to upload face scans and logos.....are community creations even that important??

it took all of 20 seconds for them to make a good looking Stephen Amell in that video

Don't forget not everyone is a photoshop expert so whilst you maybe able to make a decent looking face from just a pic people will still rely on others for accurate logos and updated attires.

with being able to upload face scans and logos.....are community creations even that important??

it took all of 20 seconds for them to make a good looking Stephen Amell in that video

Don't forget not everyone is a photoshop expert so whilst you maybe able to make a decent looking face from just a pic people will still rely on others for accurate logos and updated attires.

You don't need to be a photoshop expert to make textures for this game, but some people are just plain dumb-asses. I've seen tons of pictures uploaded with a white background or border around them, or some dumb-asses that take a selfie and then put the pic up without cropping the background so you can see their lame room decorations and shit. Those "textures" are completely useless.

Archived