Article: WWE Finishers Used to Look Better

El Dandy

True, but like I said, get it right the first time and you don't need to mocap them every year. A lot of stuff in WWE Allstars was animated and it looked so much smoother than what they did in the SvR series, and I'm not even talking about he crazy 360 moves.

Which is hilarious because a lot of the more subdued moves in All Stars came from the TNA game.

I don't see how the moves from No Mercy "look better" than the moves in 2k15. I wish everyone would get off No Mercy's nuts, but you can't speak badly about it or you'll get crucified.

I feel like the only person who doesn't like No Mercy. :l

Either way I feel like Here Comes The Pain, Raw 2, and Day of Reckoning 2 had the best animations of past games.

I really really enjoyed the RAW 2 finishers like the Clothesline from Hell, Test's Big Boot, Hogan's Leg Drop, and The People's Elbow since they were set up from either the ropes or the corner accurately and I stand by saying that RAW 2 had the BEST Clothesline From Hell ever.

Day Of Reckoning 2 had REALLY good animations as well that didn't feel canned or anything.

Here Comes The Pain was the best of them with the exception of not having Hulk Hogan (Between the three WWE games released in 03.) I liked the set up moves like "Rock Angry" "Rock Slap" "Respect" "Pushing" ect.

I prefer the finishers now compared to No Mercy and HCTP, Nobody does 16 filps and lands on there head after every move.

I love a lot of the new animations, but some of the reanimated moves they changed a few years ago are still crap. Remember the Gore before they changed the name to Striking Spear? They kept the Gore animation until SVR....I forget which one, but that reanimated version we still have now is complete bullshit. Looks like it was animated by a toddler tackling their sibling. I'm not asking for over the top selling in the animations, I just want moves to look like they actually hurt.

That Clothesline from Hell looks BRUTAL!!!!!! And Rhyno's Gore looked sick too. All the moves from the past few years I feel haven't had any impact factor. They look very life less and flat. I'm not doing a move and cringing because the move I just did looked like I just about took my opponents head off. I want to do a move and say OWWW out loud lol.

I don't see how the moves from No Mercy "look better" than the moves in 2k15. I wish everyone would get off No Mercy's nuts, but you can't speak badly about it or you'll get crucified.

The game didn't have exaggerated movements when opponents were hit with a finisher. A game in the 64-bit era got that feel right.

I felt more of an impact when executing a finisher in No Mercy than I do in today's games, where they feel weightless and floaty when they bounce around like fools when performing certain moves, like the stupid spin you see when performing the Sweet Chin Music or the flipping that only The Rock sold that way when taking the Stunner.

The latest video showing Brock Lesnar doing an F5 on Seth Rollins confirms the concerns some of us have had with the "weightless" and "floaty" looking finishers and selling of the finisher. It just looks awkward. At least Jake The Snake Roberts has a great looking new DDT finisher.

The latest video showing Brock Lesnar doing an F5 on Seth Rollins confirms the concerns some of us have had with the "weightless" and "floaty" looking finishers and selling of the finisher. It just looks awkward. At least Jake The Snake Roberts has a great looking new DDT finisher.

That F5 isn't new though. We've had it for quite a while now.

That F5 isn't new though. We've had it for quite a while now.

Not sure which game it was for, but didn't they include newer versions of the F5 pretty recently?

Either way, that's a move that needs to have more impact.

Nope. The latest F5s we have is from WWE 12. The closest thing to a new one is only the animation for a catch finisher.

Archived