wwe2k16 Stone Cold showcase video package

romanticking

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love that the denim/leather jacket deal got pretty hot...like around last Winter or something with punk, hiphop, and metalhead crowds all alike, and it instantly reminded me of Hunter rocking that shit in the early 2000's. I hope they give him that as an alternate attire as well, as it was very much a signature look of his from back in that day, even a bit before the McMahon-Helmsley stuff.

Still, nice video package. Nothing I'm super stoked about playing through, that match...but I'm glad to see they're incorporating more storylines than just the obvious milestones and/or bullet points of his career. I'd forgotten Hunter was even in any way involved with the hit-and-run, besides people always assuming it had to be him who was in the car. Then I remember Rikishi saying he did it for himself, his family, and for The Rock...or something like that....which makes me wonder who was originally planned to be the big surprise heel for that angle...Rikishi was so anti-climactic, even though there was a cool hardcore brawl that came out of it.

Can't really tell if the Rumble will be included or not, I have a feeling it's skipped and straight to No Way Out vs. Triple H, though could be wrong (hope I'm wrong so I can create a Drew Carey CAW and have him win the whole damn thing)

I love that the denim/leather jacket deal got pretty hot...like around last Winter or something with punk, hiphop, and metalhead crowds all alike, and it instantly reminded me of Hunter rocking that shit in the early 2000's. I hope they give him that as an alternate attire as well, as it was very much a signature look of his from back in that day, even a bit before the McMahon-Helmsley stuff.

Still, nice video package. Nothing I'm super stoked about playing through, that match...but I'm glad to see they're incorporating more storylines than just the obvious milestones and/or bullet points of his career. I'd forgotten Hunter was even in any way involved with the hit-and-run, besides people always assuming it had to be him who was in the car. Then I remember Rikishi saying he did it for himself, his family, and for The Rock...or something like that....which makes me wonder who was originally planned to be the big surprise heel for that angle...Rikishi was so anti-climactic, even though there was a cool hardcore brawl that came out of it.

I believe it was originally supposed to be HHH. They tried to get Rikishi over as a heel, failed, and then went back to HHH being behind the attack.

If the ending of the 2001 Royal Rumble match is confirmed from this seems like we will get:

Kane (with his 2000/2001 attire everyone loves) :)
Undertaker (ABA with Braided Ponytail, Bandana, Singlet and Black Jeans)
Rikishi (can't remember what colour but he always had the same logo)
"The One" Billy Gunn (Gold biker shorts with bronze kisses)
The Rock (Black trunks with Red 2000-2013 logos)

and of course Stone Cold Steve Austin.

I think Haku was one of the last ones too but I picture it being the first 6 I mentioned in the end.

If the ending of the 2001 Royal Rumble match is confirmed from this seems like we will get:

I think Haku was one of the last ones too but I picture it being the first 6 I mentioned in the end.

Austin eliminated the Haku so obviously he will be there, I want to see how they will do it as there are 7 members when Austin entered the ring.

Austin eliminated the Haku so obviously he will be there, I want to see how they will do it as there are 7 members when Austin entered the ring.

I can picture them skipping over Haku. It would be a small inaccuracy, but I'm sure the 98 Rumble in WWE '13 had similar inaccuracies. I would like to see him in the game though. He was only ever in RAW for the Xbox/PC.

All I know is 2000/2001 Kane will be in if that match is there, and that's what I mainly wanted from Austin's showcase so I'm PUMPED!

Archived