5€ for 2D

#1702 AlterNation

AlterNation

The Man

• Members
  • 12,910 posts
  • Twitter: @MrAlterNation

Posted 19 May 2019 - 10:24 PM

About £5 for a standard ticket at Vue cinemas, and only £2 more for "VIP" seats. Love them, and their customer service is great too.

Edited by AlterNation, 19 May 2019 - 10:28 PM.

#1703 LEGION

LEGION

Mein Imperium

• Members
  • 39,488 posts
  • Steam ID: Ectrasyl
  • Twitter: @SennaAsad

Posted 21 May 2019 - 05:36 PM

#1704 Generations

Generations

Official CAWs.ws Addict

• Members
  • 89,647 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 03:09 AM

When you see it...

M76yJrh.jpg

#1705 M3J

M3J

Captain Fap

• Members
  • 53,403 posts
  • SEN (PS3): ask in PM
  • Twitter: ask in PM

Posted 10 June 2019 - 05:16 AM

I didn't mind Avatar at all. I know it wasn't a masterpiece or anything...but it was groundbreaking for the type of 3D available at the time. It was an emerging technology, and it was a fun watch. Had a very cliché story...but a solid story nonetheless. I mean...I haven't seen it in a long time, so, I should probably watch it again sometime soon. 

And yeah, Titanic was cool, too. Crazy scale for the time. You couldn't really imagine a set like that prior to the movie. 

In the end, I don't really care what movie has the highest grossing box office. It will keep going to a new movie every few years, because tickets are getting crazy expensive these days. What did a ticket for the theater cost when Titanic came out? $4.50?  Now them bitches are like $17.50...

I'm about to say something shocking to most of you in here, but I have not been to a theater to watch a movie in easily four, maybe five years. Do tickets really cost $17?

Depends? Tickets cost about $9-13, depending on whether you watch before or after 12. MoviePass was popular because for $20 a month, you could see 3 movies for free per week, I think, if not a month. Then they changed it because it wasn't financially sustainable, but it did result in AMC copying the same plan as well, and they offer 3 movies a week in any format, which is better. 

Other than that, I've yet to come across a $17 ticket. COuld be in NYC, but I'm assuming we're talking about a normal admission.