The Official PICS and GIFS Thread.

AlterNation

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I didn't mind Avatar at all. I know it wasn't a masterpiece or anything...but it was groundbreaking for the type of 3D available at the time. It was an emerging technology, and it was a fun watch. Had a very cliché story...but a solid story nonetheless. I mean...I haven't seen it in a long time, so, I should probably watch it again sometime soon.

And yeah, Titanic was cool, too. Crazy scale for the time. You couldn't really imagine a set like that prior to the movie.

In the end, I don't really care what movie has the highest grossing box office. It will keep going to a new movie every few years, because tickets are getting crazy expensive these days. What did a ticket for the theater cost when Titanic came out? $4.50? Now them bitches are like $17.50...

I'm about to say something shocking to most of you in here, but I have not been to a theater to watch a movie in easily four, maybe five years. Do tickets really cost $17?

Depends? Tickets cost about $9-13, depending on whether you watch before or after 12. MoviePass was popular because for $20 a month, you could see 3 movies for free per week, I think, if not a month. Then they changed it because it wasn't financially sustainable, but it did result in AMC copying the same plan as well, and they offer 3 movies a week in any format, which is better.

Other than that, I've yet to come across a $17 ticket. COuld be in NYC, but I'm assuming we're talking about a normal admission.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived