Features you enjoyed from previous games

RenoOfTheTurks

I liked the joystick moves back then, too...forget what they were called (ultimate control, maybe?)

yeah that's it. I liked it in terms of the directing someone towards an object. I think could've kept the ball rolling on it though and tweak it as series went on.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RTWM because it was miles better than Showcase.

Road to Wrestlemania was more interesting but I think the showcase is better since it gives us tons of legend. Just compare the roster of Smackdown vs Raw 2010/2011/2012 against the roster of WWE 13/14/15 ( alright, the roster from 2k15 isn't that great but 2k14 was probably the greatest ever )^^

Problem with Showcase is there is no story. Why not animate a cool storyline. I think thats why I liked the Edge one in 2010 because he flirted with Maria and made the Road interesting,.

i think the Showcase modes are useless.

they were kind of interesting the first go around. The macho cutscene in 2k14 was cool.....honesty i don't think i've played one showcase match in 2k15.

i just don't care about it

RTWM was fun. Quick Time events don't impress me

i think the Showcase modes are useless.

they were kind of interesting the first go around. The macho cutscene in 2k14 was cool.....honesty i don't think i've played one showcase match in 2k15.

i just don't care about it

RTWM was fun. Quick Time events don't impress me

I see your point. Once you played Showcase their was no replay value.

Man I remember RTWM so much fun in that 2 player Cena/HHH one.

I always loved the season mode or whatever they called it in No Mercy. I'm big on story games so a career mode with multiple options of paths you can take would be what I want to see.

Also need to see some better weapons physics and SOUNDS too. Chair shots sound like I'm hitting my opponent with a piece of paper lol.

Biggest for me, is the storyline with different branches and decisions. Choosing tag partners, deciding whether to be civil or aggressive towards people you meet backstage, etc. I would take a classic season mode over Road to Wrestlemania or whatever they call it now, any day.

Raw 2? Great season mode if you knew what you were doing.

Anyway, I also want a more realistic weight detection system. Most heavyweights shouldn't be able to lift super heavyweights like Big Show, it makes no sense. At least, make it an attribute so we can see Cesaro scoop slam Big Show or Cena deliver an FU, but someone like Rock can't do anything other than Spinebuster.

Not sure about JBI, but some of the games before it, definitely. Yeah, take the excitement and unpredictability and full experience of the Hardcore Time Limit-era Hardcore Match gameplay, where you could travel the entire arena and then some, and use your entire moveset instead of throwing people around, as we are often limited to in Backstage Brawls. Weapons all over the place for us to use, but also keep the special grapple animations when whipped into something, like they mentioned the propane tank, and it also reminded me of shoving someone into an ambulance.....I also recall being able to drive a forklift around. lol It was all such fun.

Take that, and add the way you could walk around the entire building ala SYM/HCTP-era games and the ever-branching storylines of that story mode and bumping into people everywhere...even though I prefer the WWE 11 or 12 version or whatever, visually, as I like actually seeing my guy walk around, instead of first-person view, to be honest.

Besides those features, I really love everything else about where 2K is going with their take on this series. Don't get me wrong; there's plenty of chaos in any multiplayer Hardcore or TLC match you're gonna be in, but it's contained. Imagine that mayhem spread throughout the entire arena. Imagine a GTA kind of online Hardcore match where somebody can just run up behind you and hit you with a chair or throw a trashcan at your head and pin you our of nowhere. You're The Undertaker and you just Tombstoned Neville and are about to pin him when suddenly Rikishi runs you over in a forklift. lol. Like...you all start in relatively different sections of the arena and have to find eachother. No maps. That would be kinda sweet...especially if we can finally get past this pesky 6-person limit per match.

really like this idea. coolest thing I've read so far.

I always loved the season mode or whatever they called it in No Mercy. I'm big on story games so a career mode with multiple options of paths you can take would be what I want to see.

Also need to see some better weapons physics and SOUNDS too. Chair shots sound like I'm hitting my opponent with a piece of paper lol.

I definitely agree. No mercy was a solid game to build a foundation on. I hope 2K will continue in building rather THQ where theyd implement cool things like start of the mini game face/heel roles and environmental hotspots and rather than tweek and perfect them they removed them. I'm glad that they themselves have been removed from the gaming world.That's karma.

My memory is a little fuzzy, did we ever get to play a triple threat tornado tag team TLC match?

I liked the fact that there were three attires for each superstar depending on the situation (ring / entrance / promo) it royally sucks to have Triple H announce a match in his wrestling gear.

I liked the fact that there were three attires for each superstar depending on the situation (ring / entrance / promo) it royally sucks to have Triple H announce a match in his wrestling gear.

Oh yeah forgot about that mate, all these thing add to the overall quality of the game

1. Here Comes the Pain's ridiculous shit, you know what I'm talking about
2. Day of Reckoning 2's submission system
3. 2 reverse buttons (I used to be a fan of the new one button system, but it makes the game way too easy)

4. Day of Reckoning's finisher system (One for each position of the body)

Something I think many people didn't know in HCTP was that you could reverse a strike into certain submission finishers. For example: If you're Kurt Angle and the opponent attempts a toe kick, you could time the reversal of it and simultaneously trigger your finisher, which would turn it into the Ankle Lock from the standing position. Same would apply if you had Benoit and timed the reversal of an arm strike into the Crossface. It was a cool, neat ability.

Something I think many people didn't know in HCTP was that you could reverse a strike into certain submission finishers. For example: If you're Kurt Angle and the opponent attempts a toe kick, you could time the reversal of it and simultaneously trigger your finisher, which would turn it into the Ankle Lock from the standing position. Same would apply if you had Benoit and timed the reversal of an arm strike into the Crossface. It was a cool, neat ability.

that sounds awesome

Biggest for me, is the storyline with different branches and decisions. Choosing tag partners, deciding whether to be civil or aggressive towards people you meet backstage, etc. I would take a classic season mode over Road to Wrestlemania or whatever they call it now, any day.

Raw 2? Great season mode if you knew what you were doing.

If I remember correctly, I used to spend most of season mode setting traps. Was great fun watching someone get a box fall on them!

Archived