Features you enjoyed from previous games

RenoOfTheTurks

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-We really need custom entrance music back. I created zero entrances for that reason.

-I want create-a-finisher back, but I want them to make finishers powerful, if they were gonna make em that weak they shoulda just let us add them as regular moves.

-I want SvR2011 weapon physics back and improved, it's crazy how they got progressively worse every year with this.

-SvR2011 backstage story mode had a lot of potential, I wish they kept and just improved on it

That one game you could walk backstage and interact with other superstars and divas.

That. Even when they brought it back a few years ago, albeit in much more linear form due to voiceovers, it was still cool. But I miss having this big backstage environment during a Career Mode, where you just interact with anyone on any given day, as opposed to just having matches for the hell of it, week in and week out, like 2k15's MyCareer mode.

And the same old games that had that ALSO had Hardcore matches where you could go anywhere around the building...even outside the building...you could even take the subway to WWF New York...and it was all awesome...it was the most fun, especially playing against other people in Hardcore Time LImit matches. That would be the most awesome, most universally loved match mode in the history of playing WWE games online; it's just that much fun and that unpredictable [when you could get 4 to 6 people involved].

Not sure if these were the same games, but there were also games where you could take the brawl into the lockerroom or bathroom and if you threw your opponent into a specific wall, they'd break through it and there'd be a hidden gym area for you to brawl in. It was all just great stuff. I miss that every year, no matter how much great stuff is in the latest game(s).

Not sure about JBI, but some of the games before it, definitely. Yeah, take the excitement and unpredictability and full experience of the Hardcore Time Limit-era Hardcore Match gameplay, where you could travel the entire arena and then some, and use your entire moveset instead of throwing people around, as we are often limited to in Backstage Brawls. Weapons all over the place for us to use, but also keep the special grapple animations when whipped into something, like they mentioned the propane tank, and it also reminded me of shoving someone into an ambulance.....I also recall being able to drive a forklift around. lol It was all such fun.

Take that, and add the way you could walk around the entire building ala SYM/HCTP-era games and the ever-branching storylines of that story mode and bumping into people everywhere...even though I prefer the WWE 11 or 12 version or whatever, visually, as I like actually seeing my guy walk around, instead of first-person view, to be honest.

Besides those features, I really love everything else about where 2K is going with their take on this series. Don't get me wrong; there's plenty of chaos in any multiplayer Hardcore or TLC match you're gonna be in, but it's contained. Imagine that mayhem spread throughout the entire arena. Imagine a GTA kind of online Hardcore match where somebody can just run up behind you and hit you with a chair or throw a trashcan at your head and pin you our of nowhere. You're The Undertaker and you just Tombstoned Neville and are about to pin him when suddenly Rikishi runs you over in a forklift. lol. Like...you all start in relatively different sections of the arena and have to find eachother. No maps. That would be kinda sweet...especially if we can finally get past this pesky 6-person limit per match.

2k has much deeper pockets, the reason the roster is huge is because they also admitted theyve traveled to different wwe events just to scan almost every superstar. It was pretty Cesar THQ wasng going to do that, at least not nearly as much as 2k could afford too.

But back on topic!!...

I really liked the weapon attacks in raw 2, they were the most realistic and authentic looking chair shots Id ever seen in a game. Also liked that they had corner specials for top rope moves not just climbing up and jumping off, it's good to have variety.

It would be nice if they also brought back being able to have finishers in every position because quite frankly how many different positions can an RkO be done in? There shouldn't be a limit on finishers slots(no mercy,etc)

Lastly and I think they are already fixing this from what they said they have added more character specific strikes!! Yes! We need every character to AT least throw punches just like they do in real life. Adds realism and authenticity, hate throwing the same punches with EVERYONE (mostly).

Biggest for me, is the storyline with different branches and decisions. Choosing tag partners, deciding whether to be civil or aggressive towards people you meet backstage, etc. I would take a classic season mode over Road to Wrestlemania or whatever they call it now, any day.

RTWM because it was miles better than Showcase.

Road to Wrestlemania was more interesting but I think the showcase is better since it gives us tons of legend. Just compare the roster of Smackdown vs Raw 2010/2011/2012 against the roster of WWE 13/14/15 ( alright, the roster from 2k15 isn't that great but 2k14 was probably the greatest ever )^^

Archived