Features you enjoyed from previous games

RenoOfTheTurks

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty much every wrestling game before the PS2 (with few exceptions like NES Pro Wrestling), there wasn't enough memory to include a ref character in the ring. So, with these two games, AKI used an animated ref instead. Around 4:18 here.

^ WCW referee Mark Curtis in that game. Wrestlemania 2000 used WWF senior referee Earl Hebner. I think No Mercy got rid of this nifty little feature.

Wow, no way lol. I'm sure they had their charm i had no idea made that system due to limitaions. It kind reminds me of the Boon pop ups from the early MK games. Thanks for teaching me some trivia and the upload.

Be awesome if someone patched Boon into the games.

Jackhammer "Toasty!!" :laugh:

Anyway, if I could bring one mode back, it would have to be story editor. I used to really enjoy doing that - usually centring on some big injury / attack on Cena. (Mostly a hit and run) leading to an Invasion.

Wow, no way lol. I'm sure they had their charm i had no idea made that system due to limitaions. It kind reminds me of the Boon pop ups from the early MK games. Thanks for teaching me some trivia and the upload.

Be awesome if someone patched Boon into the games.

Jackhammer "Toasty!!" :laugh:

Anyway, if I could bring one mode back, it would have to be story editor. I used to really enjoy doing that - usually centring on some big injury / attack on Cena. (Mostly a hit and run) leading to an Invasion.

Haha that would make it game of the century.

A feature it seems was well used. if only it could be used in real life too and completly retire Cena.

In Here Comes The Pain, you could set up the stinkface by doing a certain running corner strike, your opponent would fall down into the stinkface position while Rikishi would do that taunt where he turns toward the opponent. WWE 13 integrated that taunt into the stinkface itself, but I prefer the old way.

In the PS1 games, Mankind had a taunt called Find Socko, where you could use that before the Mandible Claw or really any time during the match.

Custom entrance music is a major one, but you can blame console manufacturers for that.

I wish 2K16 had create-a-story. With this roster and this CAW mode, there is so much that I could do. I was working on my own version of 1998 WCW, where Starrcade '97 went very differently (Sting dominates Hogan, ending in a decisive victory). JJ Dillon takes this opportunity to rally WCW's morale and begins a zero tolerance policy for the nWo's beatdowns. Dillon gets Harvey Schiller to fire Bischoff. '98 would be the year that the WCW/nWo feud hit its boiling point, culminating in a huge PPV that resulted in the permanent disbanding of the nWo. This story does involve the formation of the Wolfpac, but they're on WCW's side of the conflict, as are the Horsemen and Raven's Flock. Hollywood still has The Giant, Curt Hennig, Scott Hall, Disciple, and more in the black and white.

Archived