CAWs.ws
Facebook Twitter YouTube RSS Feed

First Details, Gameplay, Entrances & Screenshots! (IGN Official)

Gameplay IGN Seth Rollins Finn Balor WWE2K16 Entrances

• Please log in to reply
427 replies to this topic

#41 ANTI-

ANTI-

Legend

• Members
  • 7,002 posts
  • Twitter: anti_caws

Posted 04 August 2015 - 02:05 PM

Well, I wonder.. when we'll get info on CAW Mode? That is #1 on my list of priorities to know about. Last year, while the CAW models looked tons better than 2K14? They didn't have a lot going based on looking unique.

Sure, textured CAWs of real life Wrestlers looked good.. but as I'm more of a Original CAW creator? My Originals didn't look all that different than the others. Hence why I only made a few last year. Hoping they've brought back morphing sliders, added tons of new content (especially hair/facial hair) etc etc etc

Have you ever thought about maybe learning to create/use face textures of actual people for your Originals? Not wrestlers, neccesarily, but like...anyone...models, actors, random people....using the same program(s) others use? 2K might have set you up to make your Originals look way better and more realistic then they ever have by letting you import logos and custom faces. Even if it's a real person, like a Gail Kim face skin, it doesn't have to look like Gail Kim...you can still morph everything to your heart's content and there you have your own character. Just an idea. If you don't feel like putting much effort into their face(s), then yeah, they will all look alike with how CAW mode is set up now....but it's easily fixable.

#42 Aqfitz

Aqfitz

The Guru of Creativity

• Members
  • 8,817 posts
  • SEN (PS3): Aqfitz
  • Twitter: @aqfitz

Posted 04 August 2015 - 02:06 PM

Thoughts:

•  Pin Meter looks odd. Will take some getting used to.
  • All the confirmed info sounds great
  • Lillian sounds fantastic in those entrances.
  • Submission system looks similar to UFC Undisputed 3, which I really love.
  • WOO! THEY GOT THE TIMING ON BALOR RIGHT
  • I hope we can hide the Break Out UI

#43 -O_D-

-O_D-

Legend

• Members
  • 5,420 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 02:07 PM

With the new pin system is it like the meter or is it completely different? Hated the 2k15 pin meter.

From what I can tell, It's similar to the previous meter in terms of the press, hold, and release mechanism. The meter is just circular now.

#44 Jeb ★

Jeb ★

Mysterio is the Truth 🔮

• Global Moderator
  • 38,174 posts
  • SEN (PS3): jeb2830
  • Twitter: @jeb2830

Posted 04 August 2015 - 02:09 PM

and the red kick-out thing changes position whenever you fail

#45 Graeme Jones

Graeme Jones

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,906 posts
  • Gamertag: GraemeJMC
  • SEN (PS3): GraemeJMC
  • Twitter: @GraemeJMC

Posted 04 August 2015 - 02:10 PM

Well, I wonder.. when we'll get info on CAW Mode? That is #1 on my list of priorities to know about. Last year, while the CAW models looked tons better than 2K14? They didn't have a lot going based on looking unique.

Sure, textured CAWs of real life Wrestlers looked good.. but as I'm more of a Original CAW creator? My Originals didn't look all that different than the others. Hence why I only made a few last year. Hoping they've brought back morphing sliders, added tons of new content (especially hair/facial hair) etc etc etc

Have you ever thought about maybe learning to create/use face textures of actual people for your Originals? Not wrestlers, neccesarily, but like...anyone...models, actors, random people....using the same program(s) others use? 2K might have set you up to make your Originals look way better and more realistic then they ever have by letting you import logos and custom faces. Even if it's a real person, like a Gail Kim face skin, it doesn't have to look like Gail Kim...you can still morph everything to your heart's content and there you have your own character. Just an idea. If you don't feel like putting much effort into their face(s), then yeah, they will all look alike with how CAW mode is set up now....but it's easily fixable.

But I should't HAVE to rely on images to enhance my CAWs. I didn't need them in 2K14, and I made 100 unique looking made up CAWs without fail. Can't do that in 2K15, get what I'm saying? And I just don't have time to create images to fit my type of CAWs. 

And for the record? I always put a shit ton of effort into my CAWs faces, feel free to have a look (if the pics still exist) at my 2K14 CAWs on Xbox 360, and my CAWs in the original section of the PS4 Original CAWs for 2K15.

#46 HiryuMK

HiryuMK

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 02:12 PM

This game is shaping up to be very awesome. Daniel Bryan's & Barrett's model look better than their model in 2K15.

Edited by HiryuMK, 04 August 2015 - 02:13 PM.

#47 go2thelight

go2thelight

Opener

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • SEN (PS3): Jawdad03

Posted 04 August 2015 - 02:13 PM

Everything looks good so far.I'm guessing we won't see 8 man tags again this year. I can sacrifice that hope if the gameplays good. My only real concern is that they scrap some of the submission holds with the new mechanic(see SvR08 as a example.) Can't wait to see and hear more.

#48 EJ!

EJ!

Official CAWs.ws Addict

• Members
  • 21,636 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 02:14 PM

Was that two different matches or did Balor's paint wear off?

I'm glad to hear about rest holds finally, the reversal system sounds like it could be good and it looks like we'll finally have rope break animations.

I'm scared of chain wrestling still being mandatory and I have a strange feeling Balor was pinned after a non-finisher. The gameplay additions are cool but there's a lot more they should have added to it.

#49 glennsoe

glennsoe

Main Eventer

• Members
  • 4,986 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 02:16 PM

Never really noticed in previous games but the crowd needs major work!

They don't Even look at the entrances !

#50 Niffan

Niffan

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,324 posts
  • SEN (PS3): Niffan16
  • Steam ID: Niffan

Posted 04 August 2015 - 02:17 PM

I'm glad to hear about rest holds finally, the reversal system sounds like it could be good and it looks like we'll finally have rope break animations.

I'm scared of chain wrestling still being mandatory and I have a strange feeling Balor was pinned after a non-finisher. The gameplay additions are cool but there's a lot more they should have added to it.

Two different matches, to put to rest the debate of how many Balors we'll get

#51 IMaSMARTASS4EVA

IMaSMARTASS4EVA

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,830 posts
  • SEN (PS3): IMaSMARTASS4EVA

Posted 04 August 2015 - 02:20 PM

hot damn! can't wait

#52 TheNewF'NShow

TheNewF'NShow

Breakin' Necks and Cashin' Checks.

• Members
  • 33,713 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 02:21 PM

I'm sure there's an option to turn chain wrestling off, some people did it in 2K15.

#53 VanillaSlice

VanillaSlice

Main Eventer

• Members
  • 3,124 posts
  • Gamertag: brennanshow37

Posted 04 August 2015 - 02:21 PM

Pin and Submisson system looks like a real thorn in the backside.

Edited by VanillaSlice, 04 August 2015 - 02:21 PM.

#54 16BitJay

16BitJay

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 02:23 PM

I feel the same, I could never get good textures to work for them, they never seemed to line up right and I even noticed issues on the real life wrestlers featured on Smacktalks. I would love to see the sliders come back too, it would only improve the mode for those who used textures too.

#55 nystyle

nystyle

Legend

• Members
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 02:24 PM

Pin and Submisson system looks like a real thorn in the backside.

Looks just as fast as 2k15

#56 JustJeds

JustJeds

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,641 posts
  • SEN (PS3): JustJeds
  • Twitter: jamieedington_

Posted 04 August 2015 - 02:25 PM

Thoughts:

• Balor looks *censored*ing sick.
  • SO happy that the pin & submission systems have been updated. Submissions have always been a problem, personally.
  • *censored*ING YES THE MODES ARE BACK. Great news, really hoping "Create a Show" is Story Designer.
  • Balor's entrance timing is amazing.
  • The no load times between entrances is a nice touch.
  • Gameplay looks smooth.
  • Lilian sounds great.
  • Crowd seemed kinda dead, but it's early build so I'll let it slide. Same for commentary and Rollins' hair etc.
  • Austin, Barrett and Bryan all look really good.
  • Glad to hear that Universe and MyCareer have been improved on.
  • I'm gonna take that fact that online has been overhauled with a grain of salt for now.

Awesome stuff, hopefully a lot more to come in the following weeks.

#57 TheNewF'NShow

TheNewF'NShow

Breakin' Necks and Cashin' Checks.

• Members
  • 33,713 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 02:27 PM

Anybody else saw the Enzo, Cass, Lucha Dragons and Baron Corbin shirts?

#58 WH!!

WH!!

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 02:28 PM

wRbNZQ3.gif

This game looks really cool and all the superstars are practically on point! Skin textures are greatly improved and stuff, Gameplay sounds like it'll be pretty good. Cannot wait to hear about the improvements regarding EAS, should be really exciting.

#59 LEGION

LEGION

Mein Imperium

• Members
  • 39,490 posts
  • Steam ID: Ectrasyl
  • Twitter: @SennaAsad

Posted 04 August 2015 - 02:28 PM

I'm hyped for more

#60 EJ!

EJ!

Official CAWs.ws Addict

• Members
  • 21,636 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 02:31 PM

I'm sure there's an option to turn chain wrestling off, some people did it in 2K15.

There was a slider for it but even when you turn it down chain wrestling still happens though very quickly but the thing is I didn't want it to be like that for every match and it's annoying havin to change the slider all the time

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gameplay, IGN, Seth Rollins, Finn Balor, WWE2K16, Entrances