• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#41 inevitabledeth

inevitabledeth

New Talent

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 06:59 PM

Exactly! Best facial likeness, best textures, and probably the best moveset for the best game. (Still doubt the in game and cheat ones were actually his final ones, but I could be wrong)

My bet for alternate outfits would be his royal rumble look (xpand your imagi-nation shirt) and his blond/blue hair with the white/blue arm paint (would have loved to see a paintless face texture!). Ugh, I would have probably never played any other wrestling game ever again!

Too bad even a caw version cannot do it justice... The caw tank top just looks so horrible and what not.

My only hope is a mod, but even that won't suffice...

#42 KamenRangerW

KamenRangerW

Opener

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Gamertag: GothamRiddler
  • SEN (PS3): KamenRangerW

Posted 23 August 2015 - 07:20 PM

I've seen the HCTP model mods and their pretty bad. Yeah having to make the wifebeater sucks. Plus we don't get the actual hair in CAW mode either. I would of marked out hard for the 2003 Royal Rumble attire. Cause that's still my favorite attire till this day. If only the BETA would leak out some how.

#43 inevitabledeth

inevitabledeth

New Talent

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 11:01 PM

I know. Even if it were still the beta utilizing the SYM engine... Hell, at least then the modders could mod the game for its true purpose!

#44 KamenRangerW

KamenRangerW

Opener

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 11:27 PM

Exactly man! But it's just a dream in wasteland. I would of dug the whole BETA SYM build. They still had the old school RAW is WAR arena in it. Which I don't understand why it got scrapped after all the work they put into it. Cause that could of been a bonus arena.

#45 inevitabledeth

inevitabledeth

New Talent

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:56 AM

I never knew that detail! I need to see it

#46 KamenRangerW

KamenRangerW

Opener

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:48 AM

#47 inevitabledeth

inevitabledeth

New Talent

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:43 PM

I saw this video before. But yeah, the Raw is War arena was on WWE 13 (which is what the video clip was). I thought there were going to show footage of it in the hctp beta, but they only showed the Jeff clips from the PSW Magazine dvd. Either way, I still appreciate this upload like when I first watched it.

Edited by inevitabledeth, 25 August 2015 - 04:10 AM.

#48 KamenRangerW

KamenRangerW

Opener

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 06:34 PM

There's no footage of it in it. I just thought that it was the video that talked about it. Cause there was a video that talked about the arena and Ricky Steamboat. Not the one I thought it was. Cause the dude talking about the old RAW is WAR arena and Steamboat being in originally knew a lot of obscure facts.

#49 inevitabledeth

inevitabledeth

New Talent

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 07:47 PM

I know. The Ricky Steamboat part alone was otherwise unheard of...

#50 KamenRangerW

KamenRangerW

Opener

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 09:29 PM

When I find the right one I'll post it. This game had the potential to be the best WWF/WWE game ever. Had everyone and all the rumored other stuff made it in. Like the entrances and winning moves would of helped out. But at least we got more caw slots on this than they do on 2K15.lol

#51 inevitabledeth

inevitabledeth

New Talent

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 10:48 PM

So true... The game itself is already among the best of them all, but yet it was still capable of being better had it not been for the changes. That alone is very remarkable... Too bad the WWE has no interest in re-releases. (Unless you count the pointless "2k re-release" of wwe 13.)

The next best game for me would probably be svr 2006 mainly for WolfgangJT's Hardys save (whole reason I bought the ar max) and the fact it was using a slightly updated version of the classic gameplay mechanics. To me, the changes in the game engine is one of the major reasons todays games are criticized... (Less interactive/ movement in the arena, sluggish controls, no mixed gender matches, fewer weapons, ect.)

The list goes on. Just use the old engine with a stronger distinctions between lighter and heavier fighters and include the new grappling/ positioning and signature/ finisher features and what not... Otherwise, keep the creation modes as they are but maybe bring back HCTP's pattern selection menu, only with the ability to recolor each individual color on the patterns!

Edited by inevitabledeth, 24 August 2015 - 10:53 PM.

#52 KamenRangerW

KamenRangerW

Opener

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 12:10 AM

I got into SvR 2006 for the online play that I used constantly. But save wise I liked using EWS Chinese Democracy ones. Especially their Legends and Old School Japan ones. I did use some of Wolfgang/Zurick Hardy's. I was a hardcore Matt fan by that time. Yup I was MF'er.lol

#53 inevitabledeth

inevitabledeth

New Talent

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 01:36 AM

And I'm the Jeff guy... Hardy Boyz Online confirmed.

Joker Devitt created!

Edited by inevitabledeth, 25 August 2015 - 04:10 AM.

#54 KamenRangerW

KamenRangerW

Opener

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 06:43 AM

Nice look forward to seeing it.

#55 inevitabledeth

inevitabledeth

New Talent

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 03:16 PM

Trust me... I tried the punisher paint w/ the black heart (He was with Kevin Steen in the picture) but I had trouble finding triangular shapes for the neck area and it wouldn't connect because of an inaccessible region. I even tried the spawn paint, but that was equally difficult for similar reasons. The joker paint worked surprisingly well... Even added the entrance gear. May need to make his ring gear slightly different...

#56 KamenRangerW

KamenRangerW

Opener

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 10:10 PM

I'm working on adding a Ricky Steamboat to the save.

#57 inevitabledeth

inevitabledeth

New Talent

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 10:49 PM

I guess all the talk of beta stuff inspired you, eh?

Finishing up born2box's hollywood hogan w/ hacked layers. (Belt w/ nWo logo)

#58 KamenRangerW

KamenRangerW

Opener

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 12:58 AM

Yeah it inspired me to do one. I'm just debating what attire to use.

Nice I used to use Born2Box's Hogans till I started using KingKang's base. Though I use B2B's attires still.

#59 inevitabledeth

inevitabledeth

New Talent

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 01:49 AM

I only used the attire. I got the base from some Russian site...

I also finished up Bhangraman's Randy Savage, so that makes 13.

#60 KamenRangerW

KamenRangerW

Opener

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 02:30 AM

I know what site you mean man. Right on his Savage is pretty good. I like to use a modified Wrestlemania V attire. Color tweaks to make it his Wrestlemania III attire.