#4541 Creepia

Creepia

WARDANCE.

• Members
  • 40,677 posts
  • SEN (PS3): CreepingHD
  • Twitter: CochiseJak

Posted 21 March 2019 - 04:18 PM

I would prefer a Silver Surfer movie over an F4 movie. F4 is just kinda lame to me.

#4542 Generations

Generations

El Ídolo

• Members
  • 88,093 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 04:21 PM

I would prefer a Silver Surfer movie over an F4 movie. F4 is just kinda lame to me.

Again...neither F4 or SS really need their own standalone movie. You would just do an Avengers or Guardians movie, and include SS and F4 both...most likely. If you were going to go to the lengths of having a SS film, you wouldn't exclude the F4 just because they aren't the hottest shit around. Besides, they could be written into more interesting characters. I think most people didn't give a shit about the GotG once upon a time as well. It's a writer/director's job to make people like characters that they didn't think they would like. You recast the whole lot, and they become entirely different characters.

Edited by Generations, 21 March 2019 - 04:24 PM.

#4543 sam the d00d

sam the d00d

Legend

• Members
  • 5,050 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 04:42 PM

The first Fantastic Four movie wasnt that bad. Like I wouldnt go out of my way to watch it, but it wasnt offensive. It wasnt any worse than something like Doctor Strange or Thor or something. Also had no idea Mark Frost wrote it until recently.

#4544 Generations

Generations

El Ídolo

• Members
  • 88,093 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 04:44 PM

Btw, it would be awesome to have FF in the MCU just for the sake of a Hulk vs Thing brawl. 

#4545 Creepia

Creepia

WARDANCE.

• Members
  • 40,677 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 04:45 PM

Are you confusing me with a Disney executive? I would exclude a Fantastic 4 movie because I'm not a fan. I mean I get the logistics of it all, I just don't want it.

What I do want are for them to introduce mutants and go heavy on the idea that the worlds population do not trust them and think they are monsters, leading to an Avengers vs. X-Men movie (eventually.) Then I think they can bring them together by introducing someone like Galactus or Magneto or Doom. First off though, they have the Skrulls to deal with. 

When they eventually do Doom they could totally turn the ruined Sokovia from Age of Ultron and turn it into Latveria under his dictatorship. 

Edited by Creepia, 21 March 2019 - 04:48 PM.

#4546 Generations

Generations

El Ídolo

• Members
  • 88,093 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 04:50 PM

Are you confusing me with a Disney executive? I would exclude a Fantastic 4 movie because I'm not a fan. I mean I get the logistics of it all, I just don't want it.

Nah...I guess I was just confusing you with a comic book fan, who acknowledges that the FF exist, and understands that there's no reason why they can't have a 10 minute cameo in a movie that involves other characters. The more characters we get, the more complete the overall universe will feel. You don't need to like them all. 

#4547 Creepia

Creepia

WARDANCE.

• Members
  • 40,677 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 05:10 PM

Nah...I guess I was just confusing you with a comic book fan, who acknowledges that the FF exist, and understands that there's no reason why they can't have a 10 minute cameo in a movie that involves other characters. The more characters we get, the more complete the overall universe will feel. You don't need to like them all. 

I feel like were going in circles. 

#4548 WNX

WNX

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,269 posts
  • Gamertag: WebbanationX
  • SEN (PS3): WebbanationX

Posted 21 March 2019 - 06:28 PM

Avengers vs X-Men without Cap or Tony maka me sad. I'd pay to see Mag throw Stark and Rhodie's asses around.

I too would like a Surfer movie over FF mainly because I know nothing at all about the character so it'd be fresh to me. Having a solid FF is nice too, I'm just kinda done with it unless it involves Super Skrull cause I don't know sheeit about him either outside of MvC3. But just imagining what they could do with Doom... oh my gawd I can't.

And if they ever bring back Cable, I wonder if they'll go with Rob Perlman or Steven Lang for real this time. That X-Men cast, it has some big shoes to fill that's for damn sure. Both of the Prof X/Mag pairings were pretty solid for one, I always like Rebecca Romijn's Mystique better than Mystique's Jennifer Lawrence (:P), and then theres poor Channing over on the side pulling teeth to get his Gambit up and running. So many questions. Such an exciting time. When is Comicon? Theyre gonna go ape in there

#4549 Scott Eastwood

Scott Eastwood

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,507 posts

Posted Today, 06:44 AM

Avengers vs X-Men without Cap or Tony maka me sad. I'd pay to see Mag throw Stark and Rhodie's asses around.

I too would like a Surfer movie over FF mainly because I know nothing at all about the character so it'd be fresh to me. Having a solid FF is nice too, I'm just kinda done with it unless it involves Super Skrull cause I don't know sheeit about him either outside of MvC3. But just imagining what they could do with Doom... oh my gawd I can't.

And if they ever bring back Cable, I wonder if they'll go with Rob Perlman or Steven Lang for real this time. That X-Men cast, it has some big shoes to fill that's for damn sure. Both of the Prof X/Mag pairings were pretty solid for one, I always like Rebecca Romijn's Mystique better than Mystique's Jennifer Lawrence ( :P), and then theres poor Channing over on the side pulling teeth to get his Gambit up and running. So many questions. Such an exciting time. When is Comicon? Theyre gonna go ape in there

I disliked JLaw as Mystique and she has said before she didn't care to play the character. I also hate how much they changed Mystique so they could get her more screen time. The characters I wouldn't mind seeing really in the MCU (with Actors Continuing as them) Deadpool, Profors X, Magneto, Quicksilver (they could explain that he is completely different because his from an alternate universe, they also did a better job with him in my opinion), and I would love to see Wolverine appear in the universe even if brief, I would hate the idea of replacing the actor.