Marvel Cinematic Universe

They got the record first time around, but I believe Endgame's original one beat Avatar's original run. They're only like 4 million away or some sheeit. I'd have to look it up to get the exact numbers

45 million, sorry

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah. Avatar got the initial record the first time around, but Endgame broke the Titanic-broke far sooner than Avatar. Avatar set the new record, which no movie came even close so far. Especially not during the initial release. So yeah. Endgame got this

Just finished JJ S3. Twas not expecting those cameos. ??? It was a fine end, but damn, wish DD S3 would've been released last instead. Would've been the perfect ending to this universe.

I was gonna ask if this was kinda cheating, the rerelease because they couldn't get it done the first time, but Avatar did the same sheeit apparently so, aight. When I initially heard the story I didn't know they were talking about a theatrical rerelease. I thought they meant home video sheeit.

As for JJ, the psychological horror of the series is something I don't think any other "superhero" show has been able to capture. It's a huge part of the reason I believe it's the most grounded of all of them, the most realistic, and I'm truly gonna miss that

Latest in the rumor mill is they have Richards and Sue Storm already casted for FF, possibly the Thing because he miiiiight be appearing in another film prior that's already in the works

but avatar I believe already got it the first time around so the rerelease was just extra money grab

Got what?

reach the highest grossing movie ever award

I was gonna ask if this was kinda cheating, the rerelease because they couldn't get it done the first time, but Avatar did the same sheeit apparently so, aight. When I initially heard the story I didn't know they were talking about a theatrical rerelease. I thought they meant home video sheeit.

As for JJ, the psychological horror of the series is something I don't think any other "superhero" show has been able to capture. It's a huge part of the reason I believe it's the most grounded of all of them, the most realistic, and I'm truly gonna miss that

Latest in the rumor mill is they have Richards and Sue Storm already casted for FF, possibly the Thing because he miiiiight be appearing in another film prior that's already in the works

It's not, honestly, since people have a choice. Plus, Avatar wasn't that good of a movie anyway, Endgame is much better and should tbh beat Avatar.

I just dont get the hate towards Avatar I saw it back in 2009 and thought it was fine. That said I never really got the love for it either as far as people offing themselves for Pandora not being real. Its a movie that creates all these extreme reactions out of people despite being a pretty simple story with a good message.

I see people like campaigning for people to see Avengers multiple times to boost it to first place and that just seems a little silly to me. Like first off, who cares its legacy is already in place. But also it just seems silly to like campaign to portray this 2.5 billion dollar movie from the corporation thats monopolizing the film industry as this underdog. I saw people campaigning for Booksmart and while that doesnt really seem like my thing, I get that. Because thats a small, original story with positive critical and audience reception thats just getting slaughtered at the box office. That seems like a real underdog. Energy towards an original movie doing well seems like a better cause thats represent more positive change than making sure Disney Property A beats Disney Property B.

Because Endgame is the result of a decade of hard work, good story telling and was a worthwhile investment for its fans. Avatar was a generic movie that looked pretty and was marketed in the right way.

Maybe you should stop questioning why people are passionate about something they love succeeding, and find a passion of your own. But no of course big evil corporation hur hur

& Avatar is not a Disney property.

Because Endgame is the result of a decade of hard work, good story telling and was a worthwhile investment for its fans. Avatar was a generic movie that looked pretty and was marketed in the right way.

Maybe you should stop questioning why people are passionate about something they love succeeding, and find a passion of your own. But no of course big evil corporation hur hur

Actually it is now

Just read that online and I really find it stupid.

Being greedy like "come again and bring us more Money so we can Show you another like 5 minutes of footage that nobody really cares" is a bit too much in my opinion.

Most of all since I can watch it at a later Point in the Extended Version they will bring out AFTER of course they sold the "Standard" Version for months so People will throw more and more Money out for the same product over and over.

Yeah Avatar "sold" more back then since it was something Special for it's time that nobody had done in that Quality before.

So what? Endgame was a great movie in it's own right!

There is no need to add credits only to lure People back in the movies again in the hope to outdoo Avatar.

What if it doesn't make it anyway? Will they Keep trying until it does?

Even if they make it, it will be a "retry" so it won't be the same thing!

There is also the opportunity that a future movie will overthrone both Avatar and Endgame after all.

Heck they could only be the lead for like a hot second by all the movies that are coming along this and next year (we never know).

In my opinion it's all marketing and a strategy to make sure people will throw even more money in their pockets while the actual "Goal" Plays a second fiddle in the whole Situation.

Or maybe...Maybe just consider that people are already seeing Endgame for the xth time in cinema and this way they're actually getting additional things that they didn't see before. Nobody is forced to go to the cinema one more time. In the same way screenings of the LotRs Special Extended versions existed between VHS release and initial release of the movies

Yeah I don't get why it's stupid. It's a way for a business to make more money and for consumers of their product to get something new. It's literally a win-win situation. Stupid is almost the opposite word that should be used.

I guess this is where I cant personally find the distinction where other can cause I think 90% of the Marvel movies are just as if not more generic than Avatar. Endgame wasnt really so fairpoint there. And Im vocally passionate about so many other movies. Not many that have come out recently. Look at the Twin Peaks thread. That was just me and PaperThinWalls theorizing on and on every week about what to me is the most greatest television show. Didnt even matter to me that it was a two person thread. I dont know why indifference towards this one indicates that. Got to break out the old jump to conclusions mat from Office Space.

I honestly don't know how Avatar made that much money. Reading the summary, the story sound very simple and generic. I still haven't seen it and still don't care to watch it.

3D costing more and the visuals, basically. It was beautiful to watch in 3D, but the story and everything else were boring.

Finally watched Captain Marvel, and it was a pretty good movie. I had fun, although some of the humor was annoying as usual with MCU movies.

Or maybe...Maybe just consider that people are already seeing Endgame for the xth time in cinema and this way they're actually getting additional things that they didn't see before. Nobody is forced to go to the cinema one more time. In the same way screenings of the LotRs Special Extended versions existed between VHS release and initial release of the movies

With all the online possibilities nowadays I highly doubt People are watching it more than Maybe two times at a Cinema.

Other than that I didn't went to watch the LOTR Extended Version at the Cinema back then either.

I was already annoyed when it was announced after they already had sold the DVDs of the Standard Edition because it came over like a Money grab and to be honest it was one by the minimal Addition of two Scenes there that weren't even THAT great anyway.

I admit I bought the extrended Version in the trilogy package but I did it after I gave my Standard Edition to a friend as a gift and the Extended Version package was already out for months (low cost Holidays Sales instead of the full price).

I might buy the endgame Extended Edition if it's interesting enough in the same way aswell sometime next year after the Price has dropped or might just rent it online from Amazon prime.

Archived