Marvel Cinematic Universe

Thought I couldn't hate Thea Queen, I mean... Joy, any more. Love Ward now though, he's great.

Ending is confusing to me but, unlike the first season, I'm actually excited for the next one. They really turned the show around, so good on them. Damn though, DD is like right around the corner. Gaddamn, I wanted to get through another round of Arrowverse before I hit another MCU show, but I can't sit on the homie Murdoch

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I need to jump back into Gotham soon, I've heard it's gotten crazy in the last season or two. I only stopped cause I would watch it with my brother and he hasn't wanted to get back into it. But *Censored* it lol.

Also, I love Daredevil so much, but I just think it's funny how my dad quit midway through episode one but now he's six seasons into Arrow. :lol: I like both shows, but there's just no comparison. Daredevil is GOAT.

Arrow did do a stairwell scene first tho, I'll give em that. :shift:

Lmao...saying Gotham is better than Daredevil. Gtfo. :lol:

It's not even a Marvel vs DC thing...it's just a VOD vs television thing. Maybe when Titans drops, that could be a contender for a show that might one-up those Marvel shows.

Speaking of Titans, I see it will be Netflix now...not a solo DC service, Huh...

It's not a VOD vs television either. At least, that is not even remotely what I was going for. Daredevil is just objectively the better made show from the film making, the performances, the way the story is crafted, the gritty realness of it. Also (and because it's a superhero property it's innate) the fight choreography is far superior. Prefer Gotham all you like, but let's not pretend it is better than Daredevil.

Anything you can throw at me from Gotham I'll raise you Vincent D'onofrio's performance as Fisk, or Charlie Cox's as Matt Murdock.

Well...Don't want to turn this into a battle or some sort. Love both shows :P

And it's necessarly individual performances that make me praise Gotham. (Although Robin Taylor as Penguin, Cory Smith as Riddler and Donal Logue as Bullock are top notch in cast and performance).

The two shows have completely different premises and settings. You can objectively compare elements of the shows to each other, but that doesn't actually take into account how much these elements matter in the context of the shows.

It's not a VOD vs television either. At least, that is not even remotely what I was going for.

Right...but, it's better because it's VoD and not television (because it can take more artistic liberties)...doesn't need to factor in commercial breaks, worry about what sponsors want, etc. It used to be that syndicated tv was lame compared to cable....and now it's cable tv being lame compared to VoD.

That kinda implies VoD is foolproof though, while there's some shows on TV despite the limitations you mentioned that wipe the floor with some VoD titles/series. And let's face it, there are garbage stream-only shows out there

Me personally, I couldn't say if I liked Gotham or Daredevil more since, contrary to Creep, I like the cheese of Gotham. It's a huge part of its charm, really, while other shows might be a completely different type of cheese, one that's less acceptable. And like CC said, it's really hard to compare as they're two completely dissimilar shows. Gotham wouldn't be Gotham if it was produced like DD is. It would probably be really good but, again, would lose a great deal if not every ounce of the special sauce that makes it a great show as it is.

Am I the only one who thinks DD fights better than Danny?

He's meant to.

Ironfist has a power that comes from inner strength (untapped strength), and Daredevil relies on reacting to everything the exact moment that it happens. One is instinct, the other is a gifted power that takes time to develop. Ironfist can damage things easier than Daredevil can. Daredevil can fight more fluidly. It's like a heavyweight boxer vs a martial artist who knows how to pick an opponent apart.

Am I the only one who thinks DD fights better than Danny?

He's meant to.

Ironfist has a power that comes from inner strength (untapped strength), and Daredevil relies on reacting to everything the exact moment that it happens. One is instinct, the other is a gifted power that takes time to develop. Ironfist can damage things easier than Daredevil can. Daredevil can fight more fluidly. It's like a heavyweight boxer vs a martial artist who knows how to pick an opponent apart.

Lol, nah. Iron Fist is supposed to be a better fighter. In Marvel lore Iron Fist is supposed to be THE hand-to-hand combatant if not 2 or 3. He is supposed to be that in the show too, its just Finn Jones has not had enough time to train and they dont use the same cinematographers/choreographers.

Matt is not meant to fight better than Iron Fist at all. Matt is exceedingly skilled, but Danny literally had to get good enough to defeat a dragon.

Ya, Cap speculation just went up through the roof lol.

I haven't seen any other speculation but that he dies, which might not be true. It's quite possible that the Cap could be so traumatized or broken that he just hangs up his shield forever.

Downside to this theory is that no one's permanently dead enough for the Cap to be traumatized, and he likely isn't the kind of guy to quit over losses.

Archived