Marvel Cinematic Universe

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No the flashback with young Gamora and Thanos/Chitauri from the trailer. I'm assuming the flashback explains pretty much Thanos' life and motivations up to the point of where we meet him. I'm positive we'll see whatever happened to Titan and why he's so pissed off/the way he is. Then it'll be explained/wrapped up later on in the movie with Gamora talking about it like in the trailer before everything comes to a head. Your typical movie structure and one Marvel is comfortable doing. It worked well for them in Civil War.

The stuff with Thanos and Thor from the Ragnrarok post-credit scene is probably a large part of the first act, not just the opening.

Well, saying they diversified a cast is not an opinion. That's a fact. You just wanted to point out that it's somehow noteworthy because what? It's transparent or something? All I wanted to know was why you felt the need to bring that up.

But hey, continue to think that's an opinion if you want, old man. It's also nice to know you're willing to patronise your sites members by demeaning them.

But yes, the trailer does look meh.

Very meh but I was never going to like it anyway as I can't stand Deadpool when he isn't fighting. I've complained about the humor in the GOTG films but they are very well balanced as other MCU films compared to the humor of these Deadpool movies or well Deadpool in general.

Josh Brolin as Cable is awesome but I don't get why he and other X-Men characters have to be involved with Wade in both of these movies

Apparently test screenings for Deadpool 2 were not positive much at all. I would never trust test screenings, but I thought it was interesting.

They were never going to recapture the magic of the first one though tbh.

Sequels do not tend to suck. That is a stigma that needs to change.

The Winter Soldier did not suck. It was arguably the best MCU ever. The Two Towers and the Empire Strikes Back also do not suck. There are plenty of great sequels.

Very meh but I was never going to like it anyway as I can't stand Deadpool when he isn't fighting. I've complained about the humor in the GOTG films but they are very well balanced as other MCU films compared to the humor of these Deadpool movies or well Deadpool in general.

Josh Brolin as Cable is awesome but I don't get why he and other X-Men characters have to be involved with Wade in both of these movies

Isn't Deadpool mainly comedy though? What else would you expect?

Sequels do not tend to suck. That is a stigma that needs to change.

The Winter Soldier did not suck. It was arguably the best MCU ever. The Two Towers and the Empire Strikes Back also do not suck. There are plenty of great sequels.

Probably a subjective thing, then, but I did say "tend," not that it always sucked.

Idk there's probably at least just as many shitty sequels than good ones, if not more shitty ones. But that's just movies in general. There's a lot more shitty movies than there are good ones. I think it's a lot more general than sequels.

As for how Deadpool 2 looks, I can't really judge. I really didn't like the first one and this looks like more of the same, so I've kind of accepted that it's just not for me.

The stakes in Infinity War are extremely high and trailers seem like casualties is a sure thing but I wonder if Disney or Kevin Feige decided to do something cheap like kill almost everyone and destroy the universe just to have Doctor Strange use the time stone to turn back time.

It's possible that the movie ends like the vision from Age of Ultron but Strange is alive and hints at changing events leading to this battle. Avengers 4 could start immediately after Infinity War and have Strange go back in time to prepare everyone for Thanos.

But then again...I doubt Kevin Feige and Sony will want to basically reboot Spidey for a 4th time in MCU Spidey's first sequel. Captain Marvel is suppose to debut in Avengers 4 and am pretty sure some contracts for actors ended with Infinity War or Avengers 4

Chris Evans says The Avengers 4 is his last Marvel movie. Broke is the heart, as the Cap is one of the best characters in the MCU. Pretty cool how Evans is Rogers, whereas Tony Stark is RDJ. I don't read the comics though, so I don't know if Stark in the comics is anything like Stark in the movies.

Archived