• Banned
  • 11,400 posts
  • Gamertag: VRSlashGnR

Posted 26 April 2011 - 01:18 PM

THIS IS FOR ALL DISCUSSION OF THE
MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE

Visual Guide to Marvel Character Movie Rights:
Spoiler

Edited by PaperThinWalls, 31 May 2016 - 02:19 PM.
Updated.

#2 Attitude Adjusted

Attitude Adjusted

Lorenzo Von Matterhorn

• Members
  • 12,240 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 01:32 PM

Damn it I can't wait for this. I will actually go watch Thor next week. No Edward Norton is kinda sad. D: Happy to hear about Scarlett Johansson and Cobie Smulders, though.

Edited by Attitude Adjusted, 26 April 2011 - 01:36 PM.

#3 Mendosuke

Mendosuke

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 10,219 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 02:24 PM

SO. PUMPED.

#4 stenis

stenis

Commander

• V.I.P
  • 12,512 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 02:25 PM

I'm pretty hyped. Going to see Thor in 3D this Friday.

#5 *Tristany*

*Tristany*

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 06:04 PM

good cast shame Samuel L Jackson is returning as his dire Nick Fury though

#6 .Joel

.Joel

Harrumph.

• Members
  • 7,774 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 06:09 PM

Samuel L. Jackson flyin' the flag for black people? :shift:

Pumped. I can't wait for this film to come out!

#7 *Tristany*

*Tristany*

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 06:23 PM

looks to much like "ultimate" version of Fury i have always been a huge fan of the WW2 veteran howling commando version of the character

#8 Famous

Famous

The One and Only

• Members
  • 11,246 posts
  • Twitter: imadambeveridge

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:59 PM

looks to much like "ultimate" version of Fury i have always been a huge fan of the WW2 veteran howling commando version of the character

he looks like him, because "ultimate" Nick Fury was based upon the man himself.

#9 unknownsold13r

unknownsold13r

Marquis of Death's Apprentice

• Members
  • 7,085 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:49 PM

Excited about this... yet afraid that Joss Whedon is going to f*ck it up. Mostly because he wrote the screenplay. I'd be cool with him directing this, but not writing it. The dialogue is going to be all snarky and shit with him behind the wheel and the characters are going to stop in the middle of major action so they can banter back and forth and crap. I just know it, I know his style and it works for some things, but I think it's going to fail with this movie. To Whedon's credit, he is good at juggling screen time with a team of characters as opposed to one specific main hero. I will give credit where it is due, but I really fear that his style of dialogue is going to turn me off to the movie.

They should have had Jon Favreau direct The Avengers!! I mean think about it, out of all the base movies that these characters hail from, the Iron Man series has been the best. I know Jon is still an exec producer, but I'm not sure what would give him confidence in Whedon at the helm of the film.

Granted I haven't seen Thor or Captain America yet though. Thor looks pretty crap though. I can already tell that Thor is going to suck, it just looks too cheesy. They should have gone with a more Nordic type image of him and left out the giant CGI robots and garbage that just won't translate that well in a story about a Scandinavian God, even the comic iteration of the character which had all that crap... I just don't see how that stuff is going to "work" in the film.

Cap'n America actually looks pretty decent though. I don't know that much about Joe Johnston who is directing CA: The First Avenger, but although the movie looks good, it's going to have to really be something special to be as good as the Iron Man movies which were pretty top notch.

Still looking forward to this, and when it comes to Summer Blockbusters... numbers don't lie and Favreau delivered them with the Iron Man franchise. But Whedon has NEVER had a successful major film.

#10 Vunter Slaush

Vunter Slaush

aka iSlash

• Banned
  • 11,400 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:32 AM

he looks like him, because "ultimate" Nick Fury was based upon the man himself.

Indeed. The Ultimate Universe is becoming a large source for reference for many of these Marvel movies, it seems that Hawk Eye may be more 'Ultimate' than 616 which is good (at least in my opinion). It is strange though because the Ultimate Universe is less popular ever since 'Ultimatum'.

#11 Thriller

Thriller

Respect my conglomerate

• Members
  • 5,594 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:48 AM

I'm not a big comic guy, so bare with my ignorance, but I thought Spiderman was in marvel? Why isn't he in the movie?

#12 Illuminaudio

Illuminaudio

Lower Midcard

• Members
  • 567 posts
  • Gamertag: n/a
  • SEN (PS3): airiph

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:01 AM

I'm not a big comic guy, so bare with my ignorance, but I thought Spiderman was in marvel? Why isn't he in the movie?

Spiderman was never an Avenger in the comics.

They should have got Ant Man!

#13 Crazy Moon

Crazy Moon

I'll slap you in the face with a strip of watermelon!

• Members
  • 15,439 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 03:20 AM

Spiderman was in the Avengers as an agent.

Posted Image

#14 Vunter Slaush

Vunter Slaush

aka iSlash

• Banned
  • 11,400 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 06:12 AM

Because the Avengers are a group, not just every Marvel hero. Spider-Man was an Avenger for a bit but this movie is looking at the main Avengers.

#15 Spyder78

Spyder78

Official CAWs.ws Addict

• Banned
  • 20,080 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:37 AM

Interested in seeing how this pans out myself..So pissed Ruffalo is in this as the Hulk and not Norton thou.

Excited about this... yet afraid that Joss Whedon is going to f*ck it up. Mostly because he wrote the screenplay. I'd be cool with him directing this, but not writing it.

This has me worried too hope Favreau and the rest of the team step in and don't let Whedon destroy this movie thou.

#16 Southern Comfort

Southern Comfort

Legend

• Members
  • 5,390 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 06:32 AM

Damn right. Classic Nick Fury is one of the greatest characters in comic history. Ultimate Nick Fury was part of the reason I never gave the Ultimate Universe a realistic shot.

I'm not sure if I'll watch it. I still have yet to watch Iron Man despite enjoying the first movie. My dislike of ScarJo as Black Widow knows no end.

#17 Vunter Slaush

Vunter Slaush

aka iSlash

• Banned
  • 11,400 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:21 AM

Damn right. Classic Nick Fury is one of the greatest characters in comic history. Ultimate Nick Fury was part of the reason I never gave the Ultimate Universe a realistic shot.

I'm not sure if I'll watch it. I still have yet to watch Iron Man despite enjoying the first movie. My dislike of ScarJo as Black Widow knows no end.

Ultimate Nick Fury is awesome, there's a large dynamic to him, especially later on. And what's your problem with ScarJo as Black Widow, she's a pretty good actress.

#18 EDGEHEAD15

EDGEHEAD15

The Clown Prince of CAWs.ws

• Members
  • 15,073 posts
  • Gamertag: RICHHEAD15

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:10 PM

Gonna be so awesome. Can't wait. I still need to see Thor, especially when i heard Hawkeye is in it...

#19 stenis

stenis

Commander

• V.I.P
  • 12,512 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:44 PM

Thor 3D today! Can't wait for Avengers.

#20 TotallySam

TotallySam

Main Eventer

• Members
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:44 PM

Is anyone else convinced that this movie will be so epic that it will literally cause the end of the world later that year?