Mr. Robot discussion.

Generations

When is the second season? There has to be one right?

The finale was kind of... I guess kind of different than what I was expecting, just on a feel level. But I really, really liked it. The shooting scene wasn't really comparable IMO, but I understand why they postponed it regardless.

What I REALLY liked above all else:

1. Angela's character development. I'm digging her a lot more than I initially realized, but she's constantly growing throughout the series. I think she could become quite the character in the future.

2. The ending. White Rose being basically the biggest hacker there is + part of that pseudo-illuminati society is pretty sick.

What did you mean by the second bit, in relation to the ending?

Also, the song that played during the ending was beautiful. I'm assuming it's Sound and Color by Alabama Shakes from the refrain.

Since I don't think he ever answered

The scene after the credits of the E Corp party. The conversation between the chairman guy and the person who was definitely White Rose. Same actor just not posing as a woman. And the watch beeps were a dead giveaway. He's not only the leader of the Dark Army he also is apparently in the higher ranks of E Corp, or at least affiliated with high up members.

Yeah, I just realised after a bit of thinking that he was posing as a woman before, for whatever reason. But wow, White Rose is basically like the overlord; he's in, both, the team wanting to take down E Corp and E Corp itself. Like, not even Wellick will have a chance of gaining that sort of corporate power.

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well...at the end of the last season, Elliot blanked out and lost however many days right after/during when they did their cyber attack. And now the opening of this season will probably focus on the repercussions of their attack more than anything else. That...and whether or not Elliot killed that guy...and why he lost all of that time...and whether any of this is real at all, or just a continuation of him seeing and talking with his father.

I don't think he killed that guy (Tyrell, right?) but they're probably gonna have some weird partnership for a bit. The backlash is interesting, but it's not really something that'd make them do anything per se. I'm sure there are good enough things to persuit, and I have no doubt I'll enjoy it, I just can't come up with anything that seems logical and good enough.

I'm most excited for White Rose, actually. The final scene of the finale was a really good twist, and Rose seems like the most interesting and potentially most powerful/influential character right now.

• 2 weeks later...

If you were planning a real-world promo for Mr. Robot, a TV show that's all about hacking and the culture that goes with it, what would you do? Invite fans to do some hacking of their own, apparently. As part of the run-up to the series' second season, New York City retailer Story has remade its store with a hacking-inspired game as its centerpiece. Clues littered around the store offer codes that let you 'hack' an Evil Corp ATM for real cash -- if you're astute, you can get as much as $50. It's not the same as a real ATM hack (thankfully), but it's very much in the spirit of Mr. Robot's stick-it-to-authority ethos.

There's more. You'll also find an interactive version of Elliot's desk that shows videos whenever you touch real-world objects, and there are nods to Fsociety's home base that include real arcade cabinets and a Skee-Ball machine. Yes, it's all there to convince you to watch the show and buy related merch. However, this may be one of the few physical promos that's worth checking out for its own sake -- especially since you might walk out of the store with more money than you had going in.

http://www.engadget.com/2016/06/08/mr-robot-promo-includes-atm-hack/?sr_source=Twitter

• 3 weeks later...

If you’ve been waiting since last September for Mr. Robot to return, your patience is about to be richly rewarded. USA has added two more episodes to the second season, which kicks off next month, and added a Talking Dead-style aftershow so you can keep the good times going even longer. Oh, and as if all that weren’t enough to get you excited, there’s also a new season 2 trailer for you to pore over.

As reported by THR, the two additional installments bring Mr. Robot‘s season two episode count up to twelve. That’s two more than the first season, which had ten episodes. Season two will kick off Wednesday, July 13 at 10 PM on USA with two back-to-back episodes presented with limited commercials. Series creator Sam Esmail is directing the entire second season. The two-hour premiere will be followed by a live hourlong aftershow called Hacking Robot. Aliyah Silverstein is executive producing, but no host has been named yet. It’s not yet clear whether Hacking Robot will be a one-off special, or a weekly series.

It’s no surprise USA is doubling down on Mr. Robot. The hacker drama was a huge hit for the network — not just in terms of ratings and awards (though it did just fine on both those fronts), but in establishing the network as a home for edgy, prestigious fare. That trend continues with shows like Colony and tonight’s Queen of the South, but Mr. Robot remains the flagship series of the new, darker USA.

Oh, and speaking of darkness: if you had any doubt at all that Mr. Robot would continue its spiral into intrigue, corruption, and general madness next season, the latest trailer should put those fears to rest. We don’t have an embeddable video, unfortunately, but you can click over to Buzzfeed to soak it in.

http://www.slashfilm.com/mr-robot-season-2-episodes/

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived