Mr. Robot discussion.

Generations

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried watching this show a few days ago but couldn't get past the point where the protagonist was meeting his therapist. His rant came off as strange, especially with the accompanying visuals making it seem kind of preachy. His delivery was rather awkward. I guess I should give this another shot.

I tried watching this show a few days ago but couldn't get past the point where the protagonist was meeting his therapist. His rant came off as strange, especially with the accompanying visuals making it seem kind of preachy. His delivery was rather awkward. I guess I should give this another shot.

That was my gripe too. Just shitty performance there though in my opinion. If you look above, you see I had a bit of a negative opinion too, at first. Towards the protagonist, anyways. Now I really enjoy it.

I'll leave this in spoiler tags in case you / some wanna find out yourself / themselves, but he has an

antisocial disorder

That's one of the first things, Naka. Right at the start, in that Diner. :lol:

That was my gripe too. Just shitty performance there though in my opinion. If you look above, you see I had a bit of a negative opinion too, at first. Towards the protagonist, anyways. Now I really enjoy it.

Yeah, the acclaim this show is getting made me reconsider it. I have actually noticed similar problems in other shows as well. I recently rewatched the first GoT episode and found the delivery of the dialogue awkward in certain parts.

I'll leave this in spoiler tags in case you / some wanna find out yourself / themselves, but he has an

antisocial disorder

That's one of the first things, Naka. Right at the start, in that Diner. :lol:

I don't know why I keep forgetting that. :lol: But yeah, I can see what you both have against Malek's delivery...it was ever so slightly off-putting in the pilot, I was thinking, "Why does he sound so rigid, like this is the first time he's acted?"

After realising that, though, I then thought, "Oh, then he acted well as somebody with this type of condition".

Nah, honestly, I like his style of acting the social problem out. The dialogue was just off-putting. This whole "Uhh, we are all sedated, *Censored* society" shit was too... ugh, just cringey. Exactly the type of shit someone who thinks they are insanely thoughtful and edgy would say, when they really just lame. Like, it's not that it's untrue what he says, it's just presented in an incredibly lame way. #Im14andthisisdeep

Social disorders don't necessarily make you like that and I think the content could have been presented much better. But, luckily, it has scaled back to a point where I find it believable as well as non-cringey.

The finale was kind of... I guess kind of different than what I was expecting, just on a feel level. But I really, really liked it. The shooting scene wasn't really comparable IMO, but I understand why they postponed it regardless.

What I REALLY liked above all else:

1. Angela's character development. I'm digging her a lot more than I initially realized, but she's constantly growing throughout the series. I think she could become quite the character in the future.

2. The ending. White Rose being basically the biggest hacker there is + part of that pseudo-illuminati society is pretty sick.

• 3 weeks later...

The finale was kind of... I guess kind of different than what I was expecting, just on a feel level. But I really, really liked it. The shooting scene wasn't really comparable IMO, but I understand why they postponed it regardless.

1. Angela's character development. I'm digging her a lot more than I initially realized, but she's constantly growing throughout the series. I think she could become quite the character in the future.

2. The ending. White Rose being basically the biggest hacker there is + part of that pseudo-illuminati society is pretty sick.

What did you mean by the second bit, in relation to the ending?

Also, the song that played during the ending was beautiful. I'm assuming it's Sound and Color by Alabama Shakes from the refrain.

• 1 month later...

Haven't watched the whole season yet but I'm close to finishing. I'm kinda late to it cus I don't believe it was on in the UK so had to wait for Amazon Prime to update. But holy shit this show is one of the best shows since Breaking Bad and Dexter, no? Or am I the only one?

Haven't watched the whole season yet but I'm close to finishing. I'm kinda late to it cus I don't believe it was on in the UK so had to wait for Amazon Prime to update. But holy shit this show is one of the best shows since Breaking Bad and Dexter, no? Or am I the only one?

Nope. I felt the same way.

It is quite a good show, the second half is *censored*ing brilliant imo. Especially the episode, "brave traveler", definitely one of my favourite episodes of this year bar none.

When is the second season? There has to be one right?

What did you mean by the second bit, in relation to the ending?

Also, the song that played during the ending was beautiful. I'm assuming it's Sound and Color by Alabama Shakes from the refrain.

Since I don't think he ever answered

The scene after the credits of the E Corp party. The conversation between the chairman guy and the person who was definitely White Rose. Same actor just not posing as a woman. And the watch beeps were a dead giveaway. He's not only the leader of the Dark Army he also is apparently in the higher ranks of E Corp, or at least affiliated with high up members.

Archived