EVOLVE Wrestling

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WWNLive has finalized the eight-team field for their EVOLVE Tag Title tournament running January 22-24 in Florida.

The final two teams are Drew Gulak & T.J. Perkins and Team Tremendous (Dan Barry & Bill Carr). The field is now:

• “NXT & TNA” Johnny Gargano & Drew Galloway
  • RPG Vice (Trent Baretta & Rocky Romero)
  • PAB (Anthony Nese & Caleb Konley w/So Cal Val)
  • EVOLVE champion Timothy Thatcher & Zack Sabre, Jr.
  • Chris Hero & Tommy End
  • The Bravado Brothers
  • Drew Gulak & T.J. Perkins
  • Team Tremendous (Dan Barry & Bill Car)

The schedule is EVOLVE 53, 54, and 55 on January 22 in Ybor City, Jan. 23 in Orlando, and Jan. 24 in Orlando, respectively.

EVOLVE 53 – Jan. 22 in Ybor City

– First Round EVOLVE Tag Title tournament matches.

– Style Battle Tournament begins with Round Robin format. The four wrestlers included are:

• Matt Riddle
  • Three more TBA

EVOLVE 54 – Jan. 23 in Orlando

• Semi-finals of EVOLVE Tag Title tournament
  • Second Chance Tag Tournament begins with losing teams from E53

EVOLVE 55 – Jan. 24 in Orlando

• Finals of EVOLVE Tag Title tournament
  • Winners of Second Chance tournament and losers of EVOLVE Tag Title semi-finals meet in four-team match to determine future Tag Title shot

http://www.pwtorch.com/site/2015/11/30/complete-evolve-tag-tournament-field/

• 3 weeks later...

The following talents have been announced for WWNLive.com's Wrestlemania 32 weekend events in Dallas, Texas: -EVOLVE Champion Timothy Thatcher, Drew Galloway, Zack Sabre Jr., Tommy End, TJ Perkins, Drew Gulak, Tracy Williams, Tony Nese, Caleb Konley and So Cal Val. Terry Funk will also appear at the Mercury Rising event being held as an "Apprecition Night" to him. For ticket details, visit www.MoreThanMania.com.

EVOLVE will be running a "Ethan Page Trial Series" over the course of their Royal Rumble weekend events with Page facing the returning PJ Black, the returning Sami Callihan and a competitor to be announced over the three shows in Ybo City and Orlando, Florida.

The promotion issued a "State of WWNLive.com" earlier this week:

2015 proved to be a momentum building year for the entire WWN Family. We were able to take your support and invest it back in our brands to make them better for you. Let's take a look at some of the more interesting developments and where they lead us going into 2016:

-"I love what EVOLVE does." - HHH at the NXT Brooklyn conference call

Those words started months of speculation as to what, if any, relationship there is between WWE and WWN. We are all in uncharted waters here and there is no telling what will happen next. We are all in this together. One of the more exciting aspects was seeing Sami Zayn in an EVOLVE ring while Johnny Gargano became a regular on NXT TV. This is going to be a very unpredictable and fun ride for us all.

-EVOLVE had arguably its best year in history with a focused identity, unique show formats and acclaimed events. 2016 will already start out with the next evolution of EVOLVE as we crown our first EVOLVE Tag Team Champions in a three-day tournament on January 22nd-24th in Ybor City and Orlando, FL. This will put more emphasis on tag team wrestling in EVOLVE. Go to www.DGUSA.tv for more info.

-SHINE continued to present serious, athletic women's wrestling with a series of well received events featuring the top talent from all over the world. SHINE will strive to raise the bar with in ring action and exciting storylines featuring the top women wrestlers in 2016.

-FIP solidified it's place in the WWN Family by featuring upcoming talent from around the United States. This is best exemplified with the Fallout events, which featured a six man tag team tournament. The tourney saw athletes representing a multitude of independent promotions with several breakout performances. FIP will continue to look for breakout stars in 2016.

-ACW joined the WWN Family and became a home for local Florida talent. They are known for having a hot crowd for their regular events in New Port Richey, FL, including shows every Wednesday night at Tropical Island Breeze. Go to www.ACWFlorida.com for more info.

-In addition to those core promotions, WWN introduced Viva La Lucha with a tour of Lucha wrestlers of Florida. We are very excited to bring Viva La Lucha to the WWNLive Experience in Dallas on April 1st. This is the first time we've presented a Lucha Libre show on the biggest wrestling weekend of the year. Go to www.MoreThanMania.com for info.

-2015 saw an emphasis on establishing New York and Florida as homebases, in particular La Boom in Queens, NY and The Orpheum in Ybor City, FL. Of course, we always travel to the location of Wrestlemania to be part of the biggest wrestling weekend of the year. A goal in 2016 is to expand to more areas.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/98848/first-evolve-talents-announced-for-wwnlivecom-experience-over-wrestlemania-weekend-more-news.html?p=1

• 2 weeks later...

I spoke with Ethan Page this week. Highlights of my interview are below.

On The NXT/EVOLVE Partnership:

“I think it’s really cool. It gives people more of a reason to pay attention to Evolve and stay ahead of the curve. I believe that, at any time, anyone from the Evolve roster could end up in the WWE, that’s why they’re in Evolve in the first place. More eyes on me as well, so I’m really happy about that.”

On When He Wants To Make It To WWE:

“That’s my ultimate goal, especially this year. I want to make it to the WWE by 2017.”

On Working With Sami Zayn:

“That was really cool. Especially because, as you were saying, it as one of the most buzzworthy things on the independents at the time. So, to be picked out of a select few guys that got to have some interaction with him in the ring, I have to thank Gabe Saposlky for that. Any opportunity is good, especially when you’re brushing shoulders with WWE talent.”

On Who in WWE He Wants To Work With:

“Kevin Owens would be cool because we worked each other on the indies. Promo wise, I think it would be really good. Randy Orton is another one. I was a big fan of his while watching wrestling, so working with him would be great.”

On His Triple H-inspired Entrance At EVOLVE 49:

“Because of the NXT buzz that was going around, it wasn’t out of the realm of possibility that Triple H would show up. So, I give full credit to Gabe Saposlky for coming up with the idea, but I can’t give anyone else but me the credit for the execution of it, but it was his idea. That’s what I love about pro wrestling. Having fun, the entertainment aspect of it and being able to make the crowd go ‘oh crap, what the hell?’ At that time, Sami Zayn was there and Triple H had just talked about it in a press conference and everyone was like ‘oh shit, he’s here.'”

On His Working Relationship with Gabe Saposlky:

“I think over time, we’ve developed a pretty good working relationship, especially when it comes to creative stuff like promos. More or less, he’ll send me what he wants me to do, I try to execute it the best way that I can, maybe he’ll have some tweaks and then we’re off to the races. It’s been working so far, so I have no complaints about it.”

http://411mania.com/wrestling/ethan-page-speaks-to-411-on-nxtevolve-partnership-making-it-to-wwe-his-triple-h-inspired-entrance-kevin-owens-more/

WWNLive announced Wednesday that NXT wrestler/independent stand-out Tommaso Ciampa has been added to this weekend’s EVOLVE tour in Florida.

Ciampa is scheduled to face Ethan Page on Saturday and then will face a wrestler eliminated from the EVOLVE Tag Title tournament on Sunday.

This follows Tuesday night’s announcement that EVOLVE champion Timothy Thatcher is out of the tournament due to a staph infection, according to promoter/booker Gabe Sapolsky.

Thatcher will be replaced by Sami Callihan teaming with Zack Sabre, Jr. in the Tag Tournament.

https://twitter.com/BookItGabe/status/689620444278853632

http://www.pwtorch.com/site/2016/01/20/evolve53weekend/

Everyone is raving about last night's EVOLVE 53 with the Chris Hero & Tommy End vs. Sami Callihan & Zack Sabre Jr. 1st round EVOLVE Tag Team Title Tournament Match that is being called an early Match Of The Year contender. Just search #EVOLVE53 on Twitter to see what the fans and critics are saying. You can watch the VOD of last night's EVOLVE 53 at www.WWNLive.com right now! Last night set the stage for tonight and we have lots of match announcements. If you don't want spoilers, stop reading now and go watch last night's EVOLVE 53. Let's get to it....

WWN & EVOLVE Wrestling present

EVOLVE 54

Saturday, January 23rd, 2016

Bell Time - 8 PM

Orlando Downtown Recreation Complex

363 North Parramore Avenue

Orlando, FL

Watch At www.WWNLive.com Or The Flipps App On Live iPPV! Watch On The WWN Roku Channel!

Tickets Available At The Door!

American Alpha of Jason Jordan & Chad Gable will have an autograph signing at 7pm!

William Regal will appear on the live event!

EVOLVE Champion Timothy Thatcher will address the crowd!

EVOLVE Tag Team Title Tournament Semi-Final Match

Chris Hero & Tommy End vs. Trent Baretta & Rocky Romero

EVOLVE Tag Team Title Tournament Semi-Final Match

Johnny Gargano & Drew Galloway vs. Harlem & Lancelot Bravado

2nd Chance Tag Team Tournament First Round Match

Sami Callihan & Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Drew Gulak & TJ Perkins

2nd Chance Tag Team Tournament First Round Match

Caleb Konley & Anthony Nese with So Cal Val & Andrea vs. Dan Barry & Bill Carr

Style Battle Round Robin Tournament Night 2

Matt Riddle vs. Fred Yehi

Style Battle Round Robin Tournament Night 2

Tracy Williams vs. Peter Kaasa

Bonus Match

Ethan Page vs. Tommaso Ciampa

Plus more!

Just a reminder you can still purchase tickets for tomorrow afternoon's EVOLVE 55 in the DGUSA.tv Store. We will refund shipping and hold the tickets at the door for you. It is at the same building as tonight, which is right down the street from The Royal Rumble. Sunday's EVOLVE event is at 2pm and will be over in time for you to get dinner and watch The Royal Rumble. Make it a double header.

All VIP ticket holders tonight will get this 8x10 for the Jason Jordan & Chad Gable autograph signing. The 8x10 and autograph signing is free for VIP ticket holders. If you already bought tickets you can upgrade at the door.

Thank you for all your support. Last night was our largest crowd ever in Ybor City, FL. We also had one of our best iPPV buyrates. We greatly appreciate you choosing EVOLVE and WWN to spend your valuable leisure time and money. We keep things rolling tonight into tomorrow afternoon's finals!

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/New-Matches-For-EVOLVE-Tonight--New-Video--More-.html?soid=1103872774606&aid=6IeY86HfEjs

As you might expect, morale in EVOLVE went sky high after Triple H showed up at the EVOLVE show this past Saturday. EVOLVE officials were at the Royal Rumble as well. Gabe Sapolsky and Triple H had a long talk about EVOLVE and the relationship between the two sides is moving forward, but nothing is "officially" signed as of this writing. I am told some pretty interesting ideas have been pitched and discussed from each side.

William Regal's role at the EVOLVE shows was to do the angle helping to set up EVOLVE champion Timothy Thatcher and Matt Riddle and that was always the plan before Thatcher was pulled from the ring. Riddle is getting a lot of acclaim for his work and there's been WWE interest. One source believes WWE actually suggested Riddle to EVOLVE. One person described Riddle to me as someone who performs as if he's been wrestling ten years even though it's closer to one. Riddle was trained at the Monster Factory in New Jersey after fighting in UFC. Thatcher vs. Riddle for the EVOLVE title will headline the 3/19 return to Queens, NY.

The big story of the past weekend was crowning the first EVOLVE Tag Team champions over the course of the three day tournament, all of which is available online for VOD orders at www.WWNLive.com. Johnny Gargano and Drew Galloway winning was the plan all along and you have to think part of that is to have sort of a dream team of a WWE NXT talent in Gargano teaming with a TNA talent in Galloway, which is pretty unique.

Team Tremendous, who debuted over the weekend, impressed here and will be brought back. The decision was made to have them win the Second Chance Tag Team tournament after seeing how they got over. The Bravados, who are perhaps the most underrated team in pro wrestling, were brought back for the first time in a year, impressed and will also be brought back. The initial plan was to use them in Florida over the weekend events and go from there, but they pretty much earned additional bookings with their hard work. I was shocked they were finished up here to begin with because their work had been so good.

EVOLVE champion Timothy Thatcher was actually cleared to wrestle over the past weekend (if he had worn long tights) due to being on antibiotics, but management decided it was safer not to rush him back in the ring and risk someone else catching the staph infection. The original plan for the Sunday 1/24 show was Thatcher defending against Caleb Konley.

With Thatcher out, Tomasso Ciampa (in town for the NXT taping) was added, paving the way for Sami Callihan to replace Thatcher in the Tag Team tournament.

Zack Sabre Jr. received his usual raves for his work over the weekend as well.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/99315/evolve-locker-room-reaction-to-triple-hs-visit-and-more-evolve-news.html?p=1

When Triple H visited at EVOLVE last week, he kept himself in the middle of the locker room and introduced himself to everyone. He also met with several talents he specifically asked about.

EVOLVE champion Timothy Thatcher vs. Davey Richards is set for one of the EVOLVE events over Wrestlemania weekend.

The EVOLVE events from Royal Rumble weekend are all available via VOD at www.WWNLive.com.

EVOLVE announced a special Blu-Ray DVD sale:

We realize there are a lot of new people paying attention to EVOLVE after Triple H stopped by EVOLVE 54. We are giving you a chance to get into EVOLVE at a price you can't beat. Get an EVOLVE 2 Pack Blu-ray Deal for only $25 or an EVOLVE 3 Pack Blu-ray Deal for just $30! That's 50% off the price of a regular Blu-ray! Go to the DGUSA.tv Store to take action, but act now. This sale expires this Friday at 11:59pm EST. Prices on the 2 and 3 Pack Deals are already discounted so no code is needed. Email Help@DGUSA.tv if you have any questions. Thank you for giving us a chance to win your support! This also includes the new EVOLVE 41 and EVOLVE 42 Blu-rays!

Officially set for the March NYC events are Chris Hero, Johnny Gargano, Zack Sabre Jr., Sami Callihan, Drew Gulak, Tracy Williams, and TJ Perkins. There will be some lineup announcements over the next week.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/99346/more-on-hhh-at-evolve-first-evolve-main-event-for-wrestlemania-week-bluray-sale-and-more-news.html?p=1

What I don't understand, is why WWE focus on Evolve as a top indy, and don't get me wrong I like Evolve, but I do see it a little as a "PWG lite" not necessarily in style but it's pretty much the same names doing the same thing, if anything with less of a roster. I don't hold it in any higher standard than say a AIW or CZW or Beyond

I know Regal has been backstage at PWG and now that they have the working arrangement with ROH then PWG wouldn't associate with WWE but even prior to this the link with WWE was there with evolve, I just think if HHH is liking what he sees at Evolve try PWG as you get more bang for your buck (see what I did there) or even some of the other Indies where evolve talent has cut their teeth.

When I read reports of WWE putting over evolve talents, it's like Evolve discovered them, when realistically their roster has cut there teeth elsewhere mainly AAW, beyond, CZW & AIW and then gained more exposure at PWG & Evolve. I think the only real "home grown" talent to come out of Evolve is what they're doing with Matt Riddle currently

Like I said I do enjoy evolve but mainly because it's the chance to see more of guys I've discovered elsewhere, I'm not saying the link with WWE is ill deserved I just feel it is probably worthy of other indy companies first?

it could be because they want someone the fans know and will get behind in their debut on NXT. They want those AAA indy guys, who have a high reputation because they will draw indy fans in,and are proven to wrestle well. EVOLVE provides a gate to this, which, as you said, would not work with PWG. My theory for them training Riddle is that he will gain some hype and fame behind the name, then they can debut him in NXT.

Whether I agree or not is another story. I see why they are going for the top guys, and it makes sense, but there is a lot of raw talent they could grab. Not even at a CZW level, but there's people at Beyond's Secret Shows-people who might wrestle for a local company who nobody has ever seen. If WWE actually went after the source, as you mentioned, there'd be a lot of talent to go through the performance center, instead of someone already established and possibly having less years left to wrestle

UK sensation Will Ospreay will make his EVOLVE debut over Wrestlemania weekend in Dallas, Texas working their 4/1 and 4/2 events. Ospreay is in town for Wrestlecon, so the constellations aligned. There are a lot of cool matches they could do with him and the EVOLVE roster. For more on EVOLVE and the WWNLive events that weekend, visit www.Morethanmania.com.

EVOLVE will be having a tryout seminar in Dallas on 3/31 and have added one to Long Island on 3/21. For details, click here. There's been a surge interest in the EVOLVE tryout seminars due to the obvious WWE connection the company has.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/99499/will-ospreay-to-make-evolve-debut-more.html?p=1

WWNLive.com sent out a press release thanking Daniel Bryan for his contributions to wrestling. The press release noted that Bryan actually came up with the name for EVOLVE. Here is the entire release:

Today we celebrate Daniel Bryan and the contribution he made by naming EVOLVE. We also have news on talent for upcoming EVOLVE events, a look at tonight’s FIP live iPPV lineup and more. Let’s get to it….

February 12th: Thank you Daniel Bryan for everything you’ve given us. In 2009, Bryan and EVOLVE Co-Founder Gabe Sapolsky were in talks to start a new promotion that would take pro wrestling in fresh direction. There were ideas being thrown around for a name when Bryan said, “I have an idea for a name and I kinda love it.”

“Ok, what is it,” Sapolsky responded.

“EVOLVE.” Bryan stated.

It was a magic moment. The name was perfect. Although Bryan signed with WWE before he could start with EVOLVE, he made his impact by giving the promotion its name. Thank you, Bryan. Your work and influence throughout wrestling is profound and will be studied for generations.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/gabe-sapolsky-reveals-daniel-bryan-named-evolve/

EVOLVE has started a storyline where Zack Sabre Jr. is on a quest to be named the next "Best in the World" playing off of the old moniker Bryan Danielson had on the independents. Sabre will be "testing himself" on the following events:

-EVOLVE 56 vs. The WWN Icon: Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Johnny Gargano
-EVOLVE 57 vs. The Technician: Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Drew Gulak
-EVOLVE 58 vs. The Flyer: Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Will Ospreay
-EVOLVE 59 vs. The Fighter: Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Matt Riddle
-WWN Supershow vs. The Rival: Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Chris Hero

EVOLVE announced the following updated lineups for their next events over the next few months:

3/19 EVOLVE 56 in Queens, NY:
*EVOLVE champion Timothy Thatcher vs. Matt Riddle
*Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Johnny Gargano
*Team Tremendous vs. Anthony Nese & Caleb Konley
*Chris Hero vs. Tracy Williams
*Sami Callihan vs. TJ Perkins
*Also scheduled are Johnny Gargano, Zack Sabre Jr., Drew Gulak, Mike Bailey, Ethan Page, Fred Yehi and more.

3/20 in Brooklyn, NY:
*EVOLVE Tag Team champions Johnny Gargano & Drew Galloway vs. Team Tremendous
*EVOLVE champion Timothy Thatcher vs. Caleb Konley
*Zack Sabre Jr vs. Drew Gulak
*Matt Riddle vs. Chris Hero
*Tracy Williams vs. Sami Callihan
*Also appearing are Zack Sabre Jr, Sami Callihan, Drew Gulak, Tracy Williams, TJ Perkins, Ethan Page, Fred Yehi and more.

4/1 EVOLVE 58 in Dallas, TX:
*Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Will Ospreay
*Chris Hero & Tommy End vs. Drew Gulak & Tracy Williams
*Also scheduled are EVOLVE champ Timothy Thatcher, Ricochet, EVOLVE Tag Team champions Johnny Gargano & Drew Galloway, Chris Hero, Tommy End, Sami Callihan, TJ Perkins, Marty Scruill, Drew Gulak, Tracy Williams, Caleb Konley, Anthony Nese, Matt Riddle, Ethan Page, Fred Yehi and others!

4/2 EVOLVE 59 in Dallas, TX:
*USA vs. Europe Series: Ricochet vs. Will Ospreay
*USA vs. Europe Series: Matt Riddle vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
*EVOLVE Tag Team champions Johnny Gargano & Drew Galloway vs. Drew Gulak & Tracy Williams
*Also scheduled are EVOLVE champ Timothy Thatcher, EVOLVE Tag Team champions Johnny Gargano & Drew Galloway, Chris Hero, Tommy End, Sami Callihan, TJ Perkins, Marty Scruill, Drew Gulak, Tracy Williams, Caleb Konley, Anthony Nese, Matt Riddle, Ethan Page, Fred Yehi and others!

4/2 WWN Supershow: Mercury Rising 2016 in Dallas, TX:
*EVOLVE champion Timothy Thatcher vs. Sami Callihan
*Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Chris Hero
*Six Man Tag eaturing Will Ospreay, Marty Scurll and more.
*The SHINE Championship match.

EVOLVE/WWNLive.com will have a special pre-Wrestlemania Tailgate Party with Terry Funk in attendance. The promotion is running a bus trip to Mania as well. For details, visit the MoreThanMania.com website below.

For more details, visit www.DGUSA.tv and www.MoreThanMania.com.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/100078/zack-sabre-jr-wrestlemania-week-updates-nyc-return-and-more-evolve-news.html?p=1

WWN Live has issued the following:

WWN is very happy to announce that Fred Yehi has agreed to terms on a WWN contract. EVOLVE officials view Fred as a high ceiling prospect. We will all work our hardest to help him realize his full potential. We have already seen Yehi impress on several EVOLVE cards with his suplexes and high-impact style. Welcome to the WWN Family, Fred.

EQO7D9R.jpg

William Regal will be available for pictures and autographs at EVOLVE on March 19th in Queens and March 20th in Brooklyn. The price will be $30 for a picture, autograph and 8×10. You can get the 8×10 or a different item autographed. We will have tickets for this signing up by the end of the week at DGUSA.tv. The NXT General Manager will also be on the live events. There is no telling what will happen! Be there for this historic occasion.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/680707-more-details-on-william-regal-heading-to-evolve-wwn-live-signs-new-talent-line-ups-for-evolve-events-over-wrestlemania-weekend

Archived