Update (7/23/15) Death Battle Discussion

For all my Death Battle fans out you who may already know Death Battle are doing another Goku vs Superman. It was announced on the Dr.Doom vs Darth Vader vid. This time it's going to feature Super Saiyan God Goku!!!! This is basically The Rock vs John Cena of the Death Battle universe. Just like Rock vs Cena two this match recieved mixed reactions, some people were happy while others were like "WTF".

Little is known about Super Saiyan God Goku, but due to the constant requesting and complaining till this very day on their first death battle they decided let's go ahead and shut these guys up. As a Superman and DBZ fan, the only way I think that Goku can pull off a victory in this is if he pull a Doomsday and take advantage by going all out while the sun isn't shining on Superman. Other than that History is just going to repeat itself....

What is your reaction to this? Do you find it necessary? Who do you think will come out on top this time?

Update 7/23/15-poll closed and updated title.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as I love Goku, Superman is my most favorite of the two. Goku is is the better fighter, but Superman is way more stronger. It feels like every time Goku debuts a new power level, technique, etc. his fans want him to use it in a Death Battle Rematch against Superman. I just feel the SS God mode will really just prolong the inevitable..

Superman is the most OP hero of all time

Not even remotely close to being true, but Supes still beats Goku in a matter of seconds. Until Goku can fly across the universe in under a minute and destroy something bigger than a planet, he'll keep losing to Supes

I personally hate death battles.

Even though I voted for Goku I know he won't win. The only reason he won't win is because he won't use or allow Kryptonite to get in the way of their fight. Since Goku is an idiot, I wouldn't be surprised if he threw a Senzu Bean and Gohan at Sups half way through the fight.

Cell Saga

Superman is the most OP hero of all time

Not even remotely close to being true, but Supes still beats Goku in a matter of seconds. Until Goku can fly across the universe in under a minute and destroy something bigger than a planet, he'll keep losing to Supes

I personally hate death battles.

Wait, what? Goku could easily destroy things bigger than a planet. He just doesn't do so because he's not... you know, Frieza.

Goku has instant transmission so he could easily get to the other side of the universe in less than a minute. Hed be there, instantly. As for destroying planets? Well it took an explosion strong enough to destroy the earth to kill Goku. With the training from the God of Destruction, he should be vastly stronger than the first fight and we will get to see the exact difference between SSG and SS4.

Except not really. Nowhere is Goku even remotely implied to be able to destroy more than planets. Supes destroyed a Solar System by sneezing.

It's not implied because it's not something he'd ever want to do. But the fact that he's beaten guys that are capable of casually blowing planets up should make it quite clear that if wished he could easily blow them up.

Not to mention he's friends with literal gods..

Except not really. Nowhere is Goku even remotely implied to be able to destroy more than planets. Supes destroyed a Solar System by sneezing.

It's not implied because it's not something he'd ever want to do. But the fact that he's beaten guys that are capable of casually blowing planets up should make it quite clear that if wished he could easily blow them up.

Gods who themselves are planet level at best. Next thing after planets is stars and no one in DBZ comes close to that.

Cell talking about destroying solar systems is just him running his mouth.

What's being friends with Gods got anything to do with it?

Superman pummels Gods... (Darkseid)

What's being friends with Gods got anything to do with it?

Superman pummels Gods... (Darkseid)

The fact that said gods of destruction train Goku? I don't know, seems fairly straight forward to me.

And lightning, you're once again acting as if the fact that no one specifically does it means that they aren't capable. They most certainly are.

In fact (though I really hate bringing up the movies since most are technically non-canon), Broly is specifically said to have destroyed some.

Archived