Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4

Just finished story mode. Man, that final fight was awesome. I only have 1 complaint about it though...

Why the hell were their arms black? They were supposed to be gone. Also why is the blood in this game black? It's rated T so I don't get what the big deal is.

Don't think I'll be touching adventure mode. Seems incredibly boring.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I got the game today and due to gamefly getting it to me late, I'll be keeping it...at least until something else comes out and I need some cash. I played through the story and of course I skipped through all the cutscenes(except the one with Guy. That was actually pretty cool) because as I've said before, I hate Nardo's story. Gameplay's still unimpressive at best and the only noticable change is the team thing, which is admittedly nice, but they should've gone full on Marvel with it. Boss fights were lame too because it's basically the same lousy gameplay with lame QTE(since it really doesn't matter at all if you fail) mixed in. At least it was easy. Also, I still can't turn those stupid cut-ins off.

Honestly, I think this style of fighter has a lot of potential for a truly good fighting game, but due to it being used soley as fanservice for popular anime(not just Storm, but stuff like J-Stars and even DBZ) and being in the hands of developers whose motto is all flash and no substance, it'll likely never happen, though I guess Pokken counts as this. Still, I'd love to a game like Storm, but completely original that at least tries to be a competent fighter. And start by getting rid of the stupid meter charging and do like every other fighting game does and let me build meter by actually fighting.

^ Yeah, boss fights weren't nearly as good as they could've/should've been. Was kind of disappointed by that though I did like the last fight, as I said before. Cut-ins were a stupid idea and I have no idea why they added them (at least without an off option). I don't mind the fighting in these games, just wish there more than 3 combos, grab, jutsu, ultimate jutsu and tilt. Especially when some people have been the *censored*ing same since Storm 2. While I don't mind it, I agree the fighting could be a lot better.

Obviously, I don't think it's completely terrible or else I wouldn't bother to play it at all, but it is bad and it could be so much better and probably would be if it was made by someone else. At least it's not J-Stars. I wouldn't play that garbage for free. And the final fight...I probably would've liked it a bit, if it weren't Nardo and Sauce.

Now I would most definitely play a Naruto Xenoverse game.

In free battle it's when you use an ultimate jutsu to finish the fight and just before your UJ ends it'll show a picture and your character will say something.

I also wish the fight ends when your UJ ends, if you use an UJ to finish it that is. Kinda dumb having it end with your character just standing there while the other one falls from the sky or just falls over.

Thought it was added in Revolution? I can't remember. I don't necessarily hate them, just wish there was an option to turn them off.

Nah 3 is the one I've done the most, beat the story etc. Only done fighting vs my brother on 2 and Revolution. The pics when you use a finisher to kill the opponent are in the game.

Ah okay. Well regardless I feel like there should have at least been on off option or something but oh well.

So for those interested, the first DLC pack comes out March 15 (March 8 for season pass holders). If you didn't buy the season pass this DLC will be $9.99. And again, here are the contents for this DLC pack...

• 1 New 3-Hour Scenario: Shikamaru’s Tale Adventure Mode Scenario Pack (The Fresh Green of the Hidden Leaf)
  • 1 New Costume: Seventh Hokage Naruto
  • 4 New Combination Ultimate Jutsu – Hokage’s of the Past, Team Kurenai (Hinata/Kiba/Shino), Asuma/Shikamaru, Naruto/Boruto
  • 1 New Ninja Treasure Set with items that can be exchanged in-game for costumes, etc.
  • 10 New Ninja Info Cards to represent players online
  • 10 New Matching Voices
  • 10 Costumes From Previous Storm Games

What are you talking about? Costumes add so much to the game and new combo UJ's? That's amazing! Besides, they can't put everything in the game. And I was just waiting for them to add more to Adventure mode, as if that mode wasn't fun enough as it is. And more ninja info cards along with matching voices? Jeez, it's like they cranked this game from 100% to 133% of pure awesomeness!...

So yeah, pretty crappy DLC pack. But I'm still going to get it so for all they know I'm telling them it's completely okay to release DLC that's really only just finishing the game rather than adding to it. Hate that I already bought the season pass but guess I'll just try to make the most of it.

I already feel bored of this game and the DLC will probably only add an extra week of me playing it, adding together the few extra days I'll play after each DLC pack is released. Sucks as I really wanted more out of the final Storm game, especially seeing as it's exclusive to PS4/Xbox One/PC. But instead all we really got was an updated roster and a prettier looking version of the previous games with a 2 admittedly cool features (leader swap and clothes destruction).

So looking at the roster right now, it looks like Hanabi, Rin, and the stupid rabbit thing are the only actual new characters in the game not counting Sound 4. All the other new characters are just more verions of Nardo, Sauce, Madara, and Obito. That *censored* ain't right. So many potential characters some of which were highly requested and previously in the game as assists, but instead they just throw in more versions of people already in the game because hey why not.

Boruto and Sarada as well but they were pre-order exclusives so I wouldn't really count them.

It really is sad to think of all of the possibilities that could've, and in some cases should've happened in these games. For example, everyone that was support only before should've been made playable. Throughout the entire Naruto series there have been tons of people that could have been added but no, they're too busy thinking of different variations of Naruto and Sasuke to add. It also really bugs me how a lot of people have been the exact same from Storm 2.

Borrito and Salad as well but they were pre-order exclusives so I wouldn't really count them.

It really is sad to think of all of the possibilities that could've, and in some cases should've happened in these games. For example, everyone that was support only before should've been made playable. Throughout the entire Naruto series there have been tons of people that could have been added but no, they're too busy thinking of different variations of Naruto and Sasuke to add. It also really bugs me how a lot of people have been the exact same from Storm 2.

Like I said; more versions of Nardo and Sauce

Was changing the spelling really necessary? :lol:

Yeah sure, they're very similar to Naruto and Sasuke but they are their kids after all.

But yeah, Naruto and Sasuke being the main focus in the games is really irritating, just like it is in the anime,

• 6 months later...

Welp, looks like this game is getting more DLC and this time it's about Boruto. "Road to Boruto" will be both a standalone version of the game and a DLC version, for those that already have Storm 4. It'll have a new adventure mode scenario with Boruto as the controllable character along with an Adult Sasuke Uchiha vs Kinshiki Otsutsuki story mode battle. There's expected to be more content which will be announced at a later date. It releases in Japan February 2, release dates for elsewhere are unknown at the moment.

Pretty cool I suppose, might make me regain interest in the game again for a few days before I get bored with it again.

So it's added as DLC chieveos for 4 or gets a full 1000?

I hate that all the fights seem to start with the throwing shit at each other cutscene before you actually fight... annoying

There's the standalone version you can get which is Storm 4 + DLC (not sure if all DLC or just "Road to Boruto" DLC, probably the former) and then there's the DLC version for those who already have the game. It's like when they did Full Burst for Storm 3 with Sasuke and Itachi vs Snake Kabuto and whatnot.

Yeah, that addition was dumb. I'd much prefer if they brought back what they did in Storm 1 where they'd say a something before the fight.

Doubt they'll remove them entirely. Would be nice if the brought an option to turn them off though as they're stupid. I also wish the match would end when the UJ ends, if you use an UJ to finish that is, rather than seeing your opponent falling from the sky or whatever.

Road to Boruto trailer and a boss fight between Sasuke and Kinshiki. So Sasuke got a new move-set and an UJ, neat. I think this expansion looks kinda cool but I'm not expecting it to keep my interest in the game for long, if I get it that is. The release date for everywhere else is February 3 by the way. No idea why it says February 7 at the end of the gameplay video as the other dates were officially confirmed.

• 4 months later...

So this Road to Boruto isn't even DLC, they're rerelease the game at full price with the few added characters? That's the biggest ever cash grab in the history of cash grabs

Archived