Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4

The biggest problem I had with the previous games is that I felt they didn't add enough (except for the well done in-battle cutscenes for story mode) between each installment to warrent the 60 dollar price tag of a new game. This game may be the first that I feel earns it since the early games.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, that's something that bothered me as well. Each game was fun, for me anyways, but they didn't feel that much different from each other. Maybe if they didn't bother with Generations and Revolution they could've spent more time adding to the game and making it even better. At least they pushed the release date for this one back so they could work on it some more.

Season Pass and 3 DLC Packs Announced

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2015/11/naruto-storm-4-season-pass-and-3-dlc-packs-announced/

Free Roam, Online, Poncho DLC

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2015/10/naruto-storm-4-free-roam-online-poncho-dlc/

• 3 weeks later...

Trailer 7 added and god damn, the trailers for these games are awesome.

@God of Lightning: Sound 4 seem to be the most demanded characters. Edo Kages were and they were eventually added so... I'd like them to make it but I'm not holding my breath. And yeah, Storm 1 free roam was amazing and wish it'd return, especially if they expanded past running around in the Leaf Village.

And a demo for Storm 4 is up on the Japanese PS Store just as a heads up. You get to play the boss battle between Hashirama vs Madara.

EDIT: English subbed version added and the english version of the demo will be out in Decemeber. The demo will be out in Europe on December 17 so it should be around that for everywhere else.

Played the demo and it's pretty meh. Looks great and all and the boss battle is pretty cool but for a demo, doesn't have much replay value imo.

• 2 weeks later...

So according to the SteamDB, which is apparently an unofficial website of information retrieved from digital distribution platform Steam’s official database, contents of each of the three DLC packs have been revealed. Now I wouldn't take this as 100% true, at least until Bandai Namco confirm or deny this. But for what it's worth, here's what it says...

NHjBxC4.jpg

If true, it looks like years of fans being vocal about wanting the Sound 4 have finally paid off. They should've been added in the 1st game imo but whatever, at least they made it (again, if true).

• 5 weeks later...

Naruto Uzumaki

- Part I (One-Tailed Form)

- Part II (Four-Tailed Form)

- Sage Mode (Six-Tailed Form)

- Tailed Beast Mode (Kurama Mode)

- Tailed Beast Sage Mode (Kurama Mode)

- Six Paths Sage Mode (Kurama Mode)

- The Last (Tailed Beast Sage Mode)

Sasuke Uchiha

- Part I (Curse Mark Stage 2)

- Part II (Curse Mark Stage 2)

- Black Outfit (Curse Mark Stage 2)

- Taka (Mangeky? Sharingan)

- Eternal Mangeky? Sharingan (Susanoo)

- Eternal Mangeky? Sharingan and Rinnegan (Complete Body — Susanoo)

- The Last (Complete Body — Susanoo)

Sakura Haruno

- Part I

- Part II

- Allied Shinobi Forces (Strength of a Hundred Seal)

- The Last (Costume)

Sai

- Allied Shinobi Forces

Shikamaru Nara

- Part I

- Allied Shinobi Forces

Ino Yamanaka

- Part I

- Allied Shinobi Forces

Ch?ji Akimichi

- Part I

- Allied Shinobi Forces

Kiba Inuzuka

- Part I

- Allied Shinobi Forces

Shino Aburame

- Part I

- Allied Shinobi Forces

Hinata Hy?ga

- Part I

- Part II

- Allied Shinobi Forces

- The Last (Costume)

Gaara

- Part I

- Part II (Shukaku)

- Allied Shinobi Forces

Temari

- Part I

- Allied Shinobi Forces

Kankur?

- Part I

- Allied Shinobi Forces

Rock Lee

- Part I

- Allied Shinobi Forces

Neji Hy?ga

- Part I

- Part II

- Allied Shinobi Forces

Tenten

- Part I

- Allied Shinobi Forces

Karin

Suigetsu H?zuki

J?go

Konohamaru Sarutobi

Hanabi Hy?ga

- The Last

Kakashi Hatake

- Young Kakashi

- Allied Shinobi Forces (Mangeky? Sharingan)

- Double Sharingan (Complete Body — Susanoo)

- Sixth Hokage (Costume) (Pre-Order/Day 1 Edition Exclusive)

Obito Uchiha

- Young Obito

- Tobi Suit

- Masked Man

- Akatsuki Cloak

- Shinobi World War

- Unmasked

- Six Paths (Sword of Nunoboko)

- Black Zetsu attached (Story mode only)

Rin Nohara (Isobu)

Yamato

Might Guy

- Allied Shinobi Forces

- Eight Gates Released Formation

Asuma Sarutobi

-Reanimation

Iruka Umino

- Allied Shinobi Forces

Shisui Uchiha

- Complete Body — Susanoo

Hashirama Senju

- Reanimation (Sage Mode)

Tobirama Senju

- Reanimation

Hiruzen Sarutobi

- Reanimation (Hokage Mode)

Minato Namikaze

- Flak Jacket (Yellow Flash Mode)

- Hokage Cloak (Yellow Flash Mode)

- Reanimation (Nine-Tails Chakra Mode)

Kushina Uzumaki

Jiraiya

Orochimaru

- Akatsuki Cloak

Tsunade

Chiyo

A

Killer B (Gy?ki)

- Samehada (Gy?ki)

Darui

Mei Terum?

?noki

Mifune

Hanz?

- Reanimation

Rasa

- Reanimation

A

- Reanimation

Gengetsu H?zuki

- Reanimation

M?

- Reanimation

Yugito Nii

- Reanimation (Matatabi)

Yagura

- Reanimation (Isobu)

R?shi

- Reanimation (Son Gok?)

Han

- Reanimation (Koku?)

Utakata

- Reanimation (Saiken)

F?

- Reanimation (Ch?mei)

Kaguya ?tsutsuki

Madara Uchiha

- Reanimation (Rinnegan Mode)

- Reanimation Resolved (Complete Body — Susanoo)

- Six Paths (Rinne Sharingan and Limbo: Border Jail)

Nagato

- Pain (God Mode)

- Reanimation (Six Paths Mode)

Konan

- Angel Mode

Itachi Uchiha

- Akatsuki Cloak

- Anbu

- Reanimation (Complete Body — Susanoo)

Kisame Hoshigaki

Hidan

- Pre-Akatsuki

Kakuzu

- Pre-Akatsuki

Deidara

- Pre-Akatsuki

- Reanimation

Sasori

- Pre-Akatsuki

Kabuto Yakushi (Chakra Scalpel Mode)

- Snake Cloak (Snake Mode)

- Sage Mode (Twin Demons Mode)

Kimimaro (Curse Mark Stage 2)

Zabuza Momochi

- Reanimation

Haku

- Reanimation

Danz? Shimura

Boruto Uzumaki (Pre-Order/Day 1 Edition Exclusive)

Sarada Uchiha (Pre-Order/Day 1 Edition Exclusive)

Its looking like they really want to make this the best game yet. Lets be honest, as fun as they were, the old games certainly had a problem of lacking content, this seems to be seeking to remedy that.

Its looking like they really want to make this the best game yet. Lets be honest, as fun as they were, the old games certainly had a problem of lacking content, this seems to be seeking to remedy that.

Yeah, the older games had a hard time maintaining my interest past a few months. Hopefully this game will be different, certainly looks like it will at least.

So I'm guessing that means they cut all the support only characters.

But hey at least you 3 more versions of Nardo and Sauce. Obito too.

With the whole leader swap feature I guess instead of making all supports playable they decided to cut them entirely. Which wasn't a great choice. Seeing as this is the last Storm game, it would've been awesome to finally play as support only characters.

Sound 4

Seven Swordsmen

Dosu

Zaku

Kin

Anko

Kurenai

Kurotsuchi

Shizune

Just a few off the top of my head that still aren't playable. Some of which have been asked for repeatedly. Yet they can make joke characters like Iruka and 6/7 different versions of the same character. Meh.

I picked up Storm 3 two weeks ago for like $15 and the two biggest annoyances I have are the stupid picture that shows up when using an ultimate to win the match and the fact that when I turn the voices off, ultimates are completely unaffected. As a result, I just avoid ultimates all together. It'd be nice if they could do away with that, though I highly doubt it.

Well the Sound 4 may end up as DLC. Still, kind of dumb to make us pay to play as characters that have been in every game as supports only but whatever.

And I completely agree. Those pictures that show up when an UJ finishes someone is incredibly stupid. In Revolution I believe there was an option to choose what picture shows up, they should just have an option to choose none.

Not Storm 4 news but I figured this may be worth mentioning anyways. For PS3 users there will be a collection of Ultimate Ninja Storm 1, Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 and Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Full Burst all together and it will release around the same time as Storm 4. Would rather them re-release those games for the PS4 and Xbox One but whatever, cool for those who haven't bought those games yet I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

DLC has been announced. And here's what it'll be...

Naruto Storm 4 DLC Pack 1: Another Scenario Pack #1
  • 1 New 3-Hour Scenario: Shikamaru’s Tale Extra Scenario Pack
  • 1 New Costume: Seventh Hokage Naruto
  • 4 New Combination Ultimate Jutsu – Hokage’s of the Past, Team Kurenai (Hinata/Kiba/Shino), Asuma/Shikamaru, Naruto/Boruto
  • 1 New Ninja Treasure Set with items that can be exchanged in-game for costumes, etc.
  • 10 New Ninja Info Cards to represent players online
  • 10 New Matching Voices
  • 10 Costumes From Previous Storm Games
Naruto Storm 4 DLC Pack 2: Another Scenario Pack #2
  • 1 New 3-Hour Scenario: Gaara’s Tale Extra Scenario Pack
  • 1 New Costume: Wandering Shinobi Sasuke
  • 3 New Combination Ultimate Jutsu: Perfect Susanoo Sasuke/Itachi, Lee/Guy, Team Guy (Lee/Neji/Tenten)
  • 1 New Ninja Treasure Set with items that can be exchanged in-game for costumes, etc.
  • 10 New Matching Voices
Naruto Storm 4 DLC Pack 3: Playable Character Pack
  • 4 New Playable Characters: Sound 4 – Tayuya, Jirobo, Sakon, Kidomaru
  • 3 New Combination Ultimate Jutsu: Sound 4, Zabuza/Haku, Zabuza/Kisame (for 7 Swordsmen of the Mist)
  • 10 New Matching Voices

DLC has been announced. And here's what it'll be...

Naruto Storm 4 DLC Pack 1: Another Scenario Pack #1
  • 1 New 3-Hour Scenario: Shikamaru’s Tale Extra Scenario Pack
  • 1 New Costume: Seventh Hokage Naruto
  • 4 New Combination Ultimate Jutsu – Hokage’s of the Past, Team Kurenai (Hinata/Kiba/Shino), Asuma/Shikamaru, Naruto/Boruto
  • 10 New Matching Voices
Naruto Storm 4 DLC Pack 2: Another Scenario Pack #2
  • 1 New 3-Hour Scenario: Gaara’s Tale Extra Scenario Pack
  • 1 New Costume: Wandering Shinobi Sasuke
  • 3 New Combination Ultimate Jutsu: Perfect Susanoo Sasuke/Itachi, Lee/Guy, Team Guy (Lee/Neji/Tenten)
  • 10 New Matching Voices
Naruto Storm 4 DLC Pack 3: Playable Character Pack
  • 4 New Playable Characters: Sound 4 – Tayuya, Jirobo, Sakon, Kidomaru
  • 3 New Combination Ultimate Jutsu: Sound 4, Zabuza/Haku, Zabuza/Kisame (for 7 Swordsmen of the Mist)
  • 10 New Matching Voices

I hate pre announced DLC, should be base game.

Apparently, there're about 23 unannounced characters. The DLC, especially the sound 4, is BS. They're the only things in all that actually worth paying attention to. I won't be getting them because I just don't care enough. I also just really don't want to give CC2 any kind of money. Honestly, even as far as S4 goes, it's really only Tayuya I'm interested in.

• 2 weeks later...

So I've been playing for a bit and so far I'm really liking this storm game. Graphically it's amazing, everything looks so much better and awesome. Clothes destruction is awesome along with leader swap. English dub voice acting is... um, okay I guess. Not great but tolerable. Still need to play more before I can rate the game overall. But yeah, good stuff so far.

Where does the story start? Since it's new gen only, I'll be shocked if it doesn't cover the entire series, from beginnin of Naruto to end of Part II.

It started

with Kakashi, Guy, and Naruto facing off against Obito and Madara.

blargh. Hated that, it was so hard. But they can't do the whole series again? or is that for next game? or is that saved for Milking Series no Jutsu?

how will they make it long enough, though, the rest of the series? But then again, how many manga/anime fights did the games have before?

Technically the story starts with the Madara and Hashirama feud. From then on there are 2 paths, for a short bit, with 1 for Naruto and the other for Sasuke.

Naruto's path starts...

Basically right before "Tobi's" mask gets broken

Sasuke's starts...

Right after he and Itachi defeat Kabuto and Itachi releases the Reanimation jutsu and says goodbye to Sasuke

I would've loved if Storm 4 told the story from the very beginning to the very end. But I'm sure some future Naruto game will do just that as I'm sure they'll just continue on milking the Naruto series.

The more I play this game the more I like it. And I can't get over how amazing it looks (especially the fire). Adding back the ability to choose jutsus and ultimate jutsus is a big plus for me. I also just love the opening so much.

Archived