Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4

IL243Xy.png

Platforms - PS4 / Xbox One / PC

Release date - NA Feb. 9, 2016 / JPN Feb. 4, 2016 / Everywhere Else Feb. 5 2016

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 is the final game in the Storm series. It will feature the most realistic graphics ever seen in the Storm series with a 1080p resolution. The game is in development by CyberConnect2 and will be published by Bandai Namco Entertainment worldwide in 2016 for the Sony PlayStation 4, Microsoft Xbox One and PC/Steam.

Cover

MIDvhxu.jpg

European Collector’s Edition

- Full game
- Storm memories artbook
- Naruto Uzumaki figure
- Metal Plate
- Futurepack
vMsvrlZ.jpg
Pre-Order Bonuses
- Naruto Uzumaki from The Last: Naruto the Movie
- Sasuke Uchiha from The Last: Naruto the Movie
- Hinata Hyuga from The Last: Naruto the Movie
- Sakura Haruno from The Last: Naruto the Movie
- Sixth Hokage Kakashi Hatake Costume from The Last: Naruto the Movie
- Boruto Uzumaki from Boruto: Naruto the Movie
- Sarada Uchiha from Boruto: Naruto the Movie

T8v2jPf.jpg

Really excited for this one as I'll finally be able to play a Naruto game on PS4. I've enjoyed all Storm games so far and don't see this one being any different.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to this a lot. I was so surprised at how much I enjoyed the first one and I've been getting each new incarnation since. Should be good finally getting to play it on PS4 for sure.

Unfortunately I cant watch videos atm. What improvements have been made to the gameplay?

Off the top of my head...

- You can now switch your main character with one of your supports. So let's say you choose Naruto as your main character and have Sakura and Sasuke as your supports, you can now switch from Naruto to Sakura or Sasuke. I believe they said there was a limit to how many times you can switch and there's also a cool down time before you can switch again.

- Clothing can get destroyed during battles. Not really a big deal but a cool feature regardless.

- Wall fighting and running returned though they haven't shown anything yet.

- Giant awakenings are smaller now (probably so they can fit in the stage) and the lava stage from Revolution is gone (thank god).

- If you played Revolution the whole choosing between awakening, ultimate jutsu or team jutsu is now gone and it's as it was before. EX: You can now use your ultimate jutsu and awakening in the same fight.

- You can now set how many rounds there are in a fight. So far it seems the highest you can go is 1st person to get 2 points wins, hopefully it can go higher.

I'll add more if I realized I forgot anything.

Unfortunately I cant watch videos atm. What improvements have been made to the gameplay?

Off the top of my head...

- You can now switch your main character with one of your supports. So let's say you choose Naruto as your main character and have Sakura and Sasuke as your supports, you can now switch from Naruto to Sakura or Sasuke. I believe they said there was a limit to how many times you can switch and there's also a cool down time before you can switch again.

- Clothing can get destroyed during battles. Not really a big deal but a cool feature regardless.

- Wall fighting and running returned though they haven't shown anything yet.

- Giant awakenings are smaller now (probably so they can fit in the stage) and the lava stage from Revolution is gone (thank god).

- If you played Revolution the whole choosing between awakening, ultimate jutsu or team jutsu is now gone and it's as it was before. EX: You can now use your ultimate jutsu and awakening in the same fight.

- You can now set how many rounds there are in a fight. So far it seems the highest you can go is 1st person to get 2 points wins, hopefully it can go higher.

I'll add more if I realized I forgot anything.

Sounds good. The big draw for me on these games are the well animated fighting cutscenes that go along with the QTEs (I know saying QTEs are good in any way is heresy, but still). the gameplay updates are a nice bit of icing on the cake.

Yeah the fight scenes are always amazing and the QTEs go well with them.

I wonder how the story will start off in this game. In Storm 3 it ended off oddly with "Tobi" running away like a coward so I wonder if they'll continue off from that or just start to where his mask broke.

Edit: Apparently selectable ninjutsus and ultimate jutsus have been confirmed... *censored* yeah! Glad it's making a return, loved that about Storm 1.

Storm 3 is a quality fun game so surely a sequel would still be fun

( ?° ?? ?°)

• 4 weeks later...

Lil' update, looks like this game is being delayed. The latest Weekly Shonen Jump Magazine says the game will be released February 4, 2016 in Japan. They originally said Fall 2015 so based off this I'm assuming the release date for everywhere else has been pushed back as well. I honestly don't care, I'm glad they're taking more time to work on the game. Seeing as it's the last from the Storm series, it's got to be amazing.

Well the Storm series has been pretty fun so far. The anime hasn't been that great though (slow pacing and way too many fillers) but I still enjoy it. Speaking of the anime, I can't believe it's been 10 years since the first episode aired (in english).

Well the Storm series has been pretty fun so far. The anime hasn't been that great though (slow pacing and way too many fillers) but I still enjoy it. Speaking of the anime, I can't believe it's been 10 years since the first episode aired (in english).

I recently started catching up on the english episodes, skipping filler of course. I really wish they'd get a move on on getting the rest of the episodes out though. The one thing Naruto can claim as a trophy is that their fight scenes are usually very spectacular.

I grew tired of waiting for the english dubbed episodes to come out so I just started watching the subbed ones and now I watch each episode right after it airs in Japan. The amount of fillers throughout this series though is just ridiculous though.

But yeah, the fight scenes are usually great (the ones that aren't are usually too focused on talking rather than action).

Not sure if you guys have heard but when you play as Kaguya she can manipulate the environment. Her left d-pad button warps the fight to a snowy-icy stage, the right to a lava-filled stage, the bottom to a desert full of sand dunes, and the top to the original stage. She also has special attacks she can do specific to each stage.

• 1 month later...

From the 2015 Tokyo Game Show, small tidbits of news for Naruto Storm 4 have been revealed! The first revolves around why the game was delayed from Fall 2015 to February 2016 worldwide. IGN reports Naruto Storm 4 will have increase gameplay volume, including a new mode exclusive to the game that will allow players to “discover the world.”

According to Hiroshi Matsyama, the president/CEO of game developer CyberConnect2, they wanted the game to get “powered up more” since it’s the first Naruto title on the new generation of consoles. The additional development time will allow the great team at CyberConnect2 to improve animations such as creating different damage animations for individual characters when they’re attacked by an opponent’s secret technique (ultimate jutsu) as opposed to all characters performing the same animation and polish boss fights and other elements.
In regards to the “discover the world” aspect, it could be something like the original Ultimate Ninja Storm where players could roam around freely in the Leaf Village, except this time it’ll be across other villages as well. Of course that’s just speculation, we’ll have to wait and hear more. No additional details were revealed at the Tokyo Game Show in regards to this, but expect more to be announced next month (in October) from the New York Comic Con. This includes news on features of Storm 4, news on Naruto creator Masashi Kishimoto’s involvement with the game, and new gameplay!

Credit to SaiyanIsland

Glad they delayed the game just so they could make it even better. Gonna suck waiting for it but meh, I'll have WWE2K16, Fallout 4 and the Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection to keep me busy until then.

Not sure if you guys have heard but when you play as Kaguya she can manipulate the environment. Her left d-pad button warps the fight to a snowy-icy stage, the right to a lava-filled stage, the bottom to a desert full of sand dunes, and the top to the original stage. She also has special attacks she can do specific to each stage.

Sounds pretty sick actually though I imagine the thrill of it would ware off after once or twice.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks good and glad to see they're actually going further into the story. That Generations seemed pointless as hell.

I also suck at it whilst I'm awesome at 3. weird.

Yeah Generations, and Revolution, were just pointless filler games.

And something that kind of annoys me is that they introduce a rounds system rather than just allowing use to alter health bars. I'd much rather have multiple health bars than 3 rounds at most. I get a lot of fighting games have rounds but I'd prefer 1 long round opposed to having a couple short rounds.

Permanent stage destruction has been confirmed. Nothing major yet but CC2 could expand on it once the game releases.

We’re still more than four long months away from the highly-anticipated, worldwide release of Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4. The game was set to originally hit retailers in the Fall of this year, but was pushed back to February 2016 so the talent at developer CyberConnect2 (CC2) can push the limits of the game and deliver the most authentic experience ever seen in a Naruto game. It certainly seems as if progress is being made to reach that level as the New York Comic Con event demo shows a bit more zest to the presentation – the effects have never looked more beautiful!

In addition to the new effects is permanent stage destruction! That is destruction that takes place in any rounds of a match and lasts until it the end of the final round when the match has concluded. In a video put together by Anime Games Online, three types of permanent stage destruction are exemplified. The first are burn marks on the ground by Six Paths Sage Mode Naruto’s Tailed Beast Bomb Rasen Shuriken, the second is a part of the seemingly metal fence being knocked down, and the third is the destruction of a building by The Last Sasuke’s Inferno Style: Fire Ball Jutsu. In past Storm games, destruction disappeared shortly after it appeared and this is still the case for the most part in this latest demo build of Naruto Storm 4, but it seems CC2 is working toward that goal of a more authentic experience. It’s unknown how much permanent stage destruction the final version of Naruto Storm 4 will have when it launches, but we know the mutual feelings among fans is the more, the merrier!

Credit - SaiyanIsland

Archived