Xbox: Games with Gold Topic (January added)

Generations

Also, best part of Gone Home is the commentary mode. Actually wish more games had this. Cool feature. Checked it out for an achievement...but I like stuff like this. Learned quite a bit from playing through this mode...and not just about Gone Home, but about games like Bioshock and Dishonored, and other obscure references. Some pretty interesting stuff being disclosed through the commentary. Actually made me like the game a bit more, and find it a bit less pointless.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've already both the Xbox One games, and I really enjoyed them both.

Still play TrackMania from time to time, mainly because my school had the PC version and me and my buddies played it on breaks, and it reminds us of those times.

• 4 weeks later...

December:

Well, this month blows. Lol.

Actually, my buddy says that the Vermintide game is good. But, I'm pissed anyway...because I literally just bought Back to the Future in a sale the other day. Should have known that was bait to sell copies right before going free...and as for the two 360 games...I recall owning Child of Eden when it first came out. Don't think I played it very much. Marlow Briggs looks like ass. :lol:

Yeah, I'm happy with any free games, and I always play them at least once to see if they're worth a further look. Really, I'm only complaining because I already have two of these games, one of which I literally just bought. Honestly, I don't know why people even complain about the lack of blockbuster titles...I buy most of those long before they would ever be GWG games. I actually like getting stuff that I would never buy for myself.

Yeah, I'm happy with any free games, and I always play them at least once to see if they're worth a further look. Really, I'm only complaining because I already have two of these games, one of which I literally just bought. Honestly, I don't know why people even complain about the lack of blockbuster titles...I buy most of those long before they would ever be GWG games. I actually like getting stuff that I would never buy for myself.

From what I've read in the past, if you've recently bought a GWG in the last few days and it goes GWG you can email MS about ti and they'll refund you

Be careful though, if they do a chargeback it will ban your entire account and you will lose access to all games and your gamerpoints, dlc and more etc

Aw sheeit, was Tales the whole series? And I missed it?! >_<

Whole series, yeah. And one of the reasons why I didn't expect BttF to be given for free right after. Kinda figured that they just gave a telltale game for free. But I should have known better. Those telltale games are given away pretty often.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

FYI, if you change your location to Japan, the free games there are Magic 2015, and Colbalt, respectively.

Also, not games with gold, but on the Xbox Store, there is some sort of DLC episode free for Hitman.

FYI, if you change your location to Japan, the free games there are Magic 2015, and Colbalt, respectively.

Also, not games with gold, but on the Xbox Store, there is some sort of DLC episode free for Hitman.

So can we get Back to the Future, and then change the setting to Japan and get those other games you said?

So can we get Back to the Future, and then change the setting to Japan and get those other games you said?

Yeah.

Do note that you can only change it a few times a year and if you get stuck as Japanese, pretty sure you'd need to use Xbox One gift cards to pay in Yen as it wont allow Dollars etc

Wasn't there some kind of warning against abusing regional games like that? I remember people telling me that I could effectively be kicked off XBL for doing that when I abused the region setting to get Zoo Tycoon for free.

Yes. Brother got banned on his xbox from it.

Never played any of them. Interested in all of them, except Army of Two. Probably most interested in Tomb Raider...because it has the most single-player focus. But Zombi should be fun too. Know nothing about Van Helsing. Know that I had another Van Helsing game that was free with Gold a while back...never played it though.

Archived