Official Fallout 4 Topic | E3 GAMEPLAY IN FIRST POST

Mustacio

I did the same for Fallout 3 because I got the GOTY edition. That's the most fun I've ever had with any RPG I've played. So many different ways to play and finish the game and with such a great story.

I never got to New Vegas' DLC because I never bought them, though. I've beat the game once but never picked it back up because I wasn't too into the story.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did the same for Fallout 3 because I got the GOTY edition. That's the most fun I've ever had with any RPG I've played. So many different ways to play and finish the game and with such a great story.

I never got to New Vegas' DLC because I never bought them, though. I've beat the game once but never picked it back up because I wasn't too into the story.

I downloaded Fallout 3 on Xbox 360 couple days ago.. still getting used to that one as it's different from New Vegas. But I like that, and so far it's a real joy.

That's like...too much, man. :lol:I definitely couldn't do that. The games are great, but not that great. I play through them once, and keep playing after I've finished them. Maybe I'll play a second time, but even that's a stretch. Once has always been enough for me with just about any game, tbh...except for like, Kingdom Hearts, Grand Theft Auto, and Pokemon. Those games I've given more than one play through.

Thought you just said you played both games into the ground, man :P

I'm actually (somewhat) surprised that Fallout 4 was announced. i had grown really skeptical about anything related to the game. Gotta say looks pretty good, much more colorful than previous games. Interested in where they went with your characters origin story. Can tell already you are vault dweller but previous to what were you. Hopefully, the character creation got a massive update. They really sucked in in Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Its something that matters to me a great deal (character creation). If I am gonna sink in 30 to 100 or more hours into an game. I want my character to look right.

That's like...too much, man. :lol:I definitely couldn't do that. The games are great, but not that great. I play through them once, and keep playing after I've finished them. Maybe I'll play a second time, but even that's a stretch. Once has always been enough for me with just about any game, tbh...except for like, Kingdom Hearts, Grand Theft Auto, and Pokemon. Those games I've given more than one play through.

Thought you just said you played both games into the ground, man :P

I did.

Once. :cool:

By the look of the trailer from my many...many...MANY viewings of it, looks like the people with the baby might be the players parents, it might also be that you play as the Father because the male character by the crib and at the end both have the same exact hair, Either I would be fine with.

I wonder if it'll be a silent protagonist again or not? I noticed the playable character speak at the end of the trailer.

By the look of the trailer from my many...many...MANY viewings of it, looks like the people with the baby might be the players parents, it might also be that you play as the Father because the male character by the crib and at the end both have the same exact hair, Either I would be fine with.

It won't be either because the game is set way too far in the future.

We don't know how far after the war this game takes place, plus the Dog tracked the person down in the trailer by scent. He followed there exact path from the house to the Vault, plus when the dog sees him he runs up them as if he knew them, and the guy says "Come on Boy" as if the dog was his.

The house the dog is in is almost definately the house the dog grew up in - there's a dog bowl in the house as well, and it seems as if it's sniffing around with purpose, especially at the cradle. My money is on the father/mother being the character you play.

If you're saying the the dog is a family pet, then it's definitely not possible. Anyway, the game will most certainly allow you to play as a male or female of any ethnicity.

I wonder if it'll be a silent protagonist again or not? I noticed the playable character speak at the end of the trailer.

It won't be either because the game is set way too far in the future.

Based on what? The house looks ransacked and whatnot...but it didn't seem like THAT much time had passed. Buildings can fall into disrepair very quickly without people around. Also, the dog seemed like he was familiar with the house, even looking specifically at the baby crib. A Dog only has a lifespan of 20 years or so...so, it's likely, IMO, that the dog in the video was a puppy that belonged to the family that lived in the house...and now he either follows the adult version of the baby from the crib, or he follows the father of the baby in the crib (perhaps even searching for the baby).

It means the vault dweller isn't the father, mother or the baby.

No, it doesn't mean anything...because as I just said, trailers don't give the whole story.

Also, does that baby look black to anyone else? Might just be lighting...but the parents are white, and the kid looks black to me.

The house the dog is in is almost definately the house the dog grew up in - there's a dog bowl in the house as well, and it seems as if it's sniffing around with purpose, especially at the cradle. My money is on the father/mother being the character you play.

wouldn't make sense to play as the father odds are it the baby as as by the looks of the trailer the boston is rebuilt way to fast for it to be the father

but I wonder if ur choices from the past games might effect this game kind of like dragon age inquisition did where they set up a website

I hate to say it but I'm really let down by the graphics. Don't get me wrong, I love Fallout (I played New Vegas 5 times) and there's a 95% chance I'm going to pre-order Fallout 4, but it barely looks like an upgrade on the 360/ps3 version of the Skyrim graphics. The use of colours other than Brown, green and grey is a nice surprise though.

^It would be nice but graphics isn't really a game breaker, just disappointing. I have faith in Bethesda to make a good game. Though I do hope they take a note out of Obsidian's book and make some of the decisions more morally grey instead of black and white.

To this day, I still don't know if the NCR, House or Independent vegas was the "Best Choice" in Fallout: New Vegas.

Archived