DC Cinematic Universe

You don't know that famous Batman & Robin story already?

Joker killing Robin?

not the CU version

That and the whole Red Hood thing.

You don't want to see the DCEU messing this up aswell?

They've missed up everything else, so at this point I'm not really bothered.

James Gunn is doing Suicide Squad 2. With Harley moving over to that other movie they should completely overhaul that property. Maybe keep Will Smith as the leader, but give him a whole new team of mercenaries. Do the Arkham Siege plot and keep it simple. Arkham is under lockdown and someone very important is being held inside. Have the Squad be hired to bust him out, fighting other villains to do so. A nice and simple lot with new characters for James Gunn to tinker with. Get some villains we haven't seen on screen before or haven't seen for a while.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joker killing Robin?

not the CU version

That and the whole Red Hood thing.

You don't want to see the DCEU messing this up aswell?

They've missed up everything else, so at this point I'm not really bothered.

James Gunn is doing Suicide Squad 2. With Harley moving over to that other movie they should completely overhaul that property. Maybe keep Will Smith as the leader, but give him a whole new team of mercenaries. Do the Arkham Siege plot and keep it simple. Arkham is under lockdown and someone very important is being held inside. Have the Squad be hired to bust him out, fighting other villains to do so. A nice and simple lot with new characters for James Gunn to tinker with. Get some villains we haven't seen on screen before or haven't seen for a while.

according to Rotten tomatoes that's what will be happening

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Shades of Cool

According to Warner Brothers executives there will no longer be doing any DC Universe no connected characters nothing like Marvel do they're going to do only individual experience and characters

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/wonder-woman-killed-dceu-100048696.html

That's too bad. I don't know why you wouldn't want to have a shared universe.

Problem with DCEU isn't Wonder Woman, it's iffy writing and setting a bad tone, and then trying to make up for that with iffy humor. Part of MCU's success is that it's fun to watch, and you'll most likely rofl. DCEU was way too dark to be fun, and the plots weren't really that good. DCEU can still work if they care enough to make it work.

Who's ass do I have to kiss to get a live action Clay Face out this mofo? Movie, TV, I don't care I just wanna see that beautiful cgi drippage of sludge

Who's ass do I have to kiss to get a live action Clay Face out this mofo? Movie, TV, I don't care I just wanna see that beautiful cgi drippage of sludge

technically Gotham 2x21 had Clayface, just no budget to have CGI brown clay sludge lol

technically Gotham 2x21 had Clayface, just no budget to have CGI brown clay sludge lol
It's been so long I forgot all about that, but yes I needs mah sludge. Mah nasty, hulking, wet mass of sludge

He might be in Suicide Squad 2, especially if James Gunn is doing it with a whole new cast of characters. With Will Smith not returning it looks like he will be. I could see them keeping a couple of characters like Katana and Killer Croc, but they really should start fresh.

Aside of him and Deathstroke, I don't think I'm familiar enough with DC's roster to know who else would fit. Honestly I dont even know if Clayface would fit, can you even collar that thing? Lobo maybe? Dunno much about him other than his name, look, and that he's a troll. Could they even handle Lobo? XD But if they're gonna waste budget on CGI, Clay's the one XD. I'm so detached from the DCEU I dont even remember Slade showing up in it but I guess that makes that option more realistic

• 5 weeks later...

I'm skeptic, but I like what I see.

I know, impossible, but imagine if in two or three we're getting a proper Batman vs. Joker (narrative wise) movie, witih all three "current" (including Leto) actors being in the movie, giving us the three Jokers, from different universes

Looks more like the pilot for an HBO series than a movie. Which is fine...it's a good look...a good mood. But, how much of the movie is going to be a sad joker getting kicked around? I hope they're just playing their cards close to their chest and keeping the best scenes secret for once. I know we get so used to trailers showing all the biggest parts (sometimes even spoiling the entire movie in the process). So...I'm all for it if that's the case. But, yeah...I'm skeptical about how far this movie actually goes. That's why I say that it looks like a television pilot...because I have a feeling that after I watch it, I'm gonna say "I enjoyed that, but it wasn't enough".

On second viewing...Yeah. Totally with you on that, Gen. Really does look more like TV show trailer and atleast the first hallf reminds me more of Robin Lord Taylor's penguin.

But this is just a teaser trailer.

Oh wow that was a fantastic trailer. Looks 100x more interesting than any movie DC has done with their cinematic universe or Avengers End Game or the next Spider-Man movie they're doing. I really like that it seemingly has nothing to do with Batman. I seems like it's just taking a few loose elements from the comic book character and the world he inhibits and doing its own thing with it. There's a lot of freedom with that, you don't have to be a slave to your source material. Seems to not be an action movie either which is such a nice change of pace. Just seems like a character study. My only reservations at this point come with the team behind it. Just because as far as I know they haven't done anything like this before. And of course a director and a screenwriter can break type and do new things, it's just I haven't seen them do anything like what it looks like they're promising here. So some healthy skepticism. If they do deliver though this is going to be fantastic. Joaquin Phoenix usually picks quality roles so that's a good sign.

Watched Aquaman last nice finally. Taint bad, very nice to look at.

Joker doesn't look bad either. I'll peep it. Never felt an ounce of sorrow for that man until that trailer.

Archived