DC Cinematic Universe

Batman is overrated tbh. Dudes been bland for years.

Is that why he's still a top success for DC?

What has been some of the biggest successful DC comics recently? - Dark Knights: Metal, Batman White Knight, Batman:The Wedding. Batman was among the best parts for Doomsday Clock and DC Rebirth as well.

Who had a successful top video game series within the last couple of years? Batman for Batman Arkham and Batman Telltales. him basically being the biggest protagonist in the Injustice games hasn't been much of a complaint.

What are still some successful DC animated films - Batman and Batman centric films.

The Dark Knight tilogy was a huge hit. Batman in the DC cinematic universe has been recieved divisively but bland hasnt been a common comment. What's an anticipated film though? - The Batman

Who's a top DC merchandise seller as usual? - Batman

What are big cosplay characters at conventions - Batman and related characters

It's not like he goes up just to go down a bit again for a while for being considered bland like Superman. I know this is just your opinion but I bet you haven't even see any of this besides the live action films

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it's edgy to say that a stale character is overrated. That was an uncalled for response to what I said, if you have nothing to add to say to me then don't say it.

Well it's your opinion but you obviously haven't been reading any of the comics. Batman is in the top 5 (sometimes multiple issues) every month in sales and has been for a long time. It's been very good. What makes him bland in your mind? I'm curious.

He seems to think Bruce Wayne/Batman is just all about being dark and "emo" as that's how he's described him a couple of times. I don't think Creep gets the character much or knows enough about him to go understand how his character really is

Apparently.

I'll always consider Burton's Batman series to be superior to The Dark Knight series, in terms of entertainment anyway. The atmosphere and setting were perfect and gave the film that fantasy feeling whereas The Dark Knight series is realistic, but it does have a superior quality in story, I guess.

Guest Shades of Cool

I LOVE the Tim Burton Batman movies, I always have and I always will. And in case you guys wanted to know, Batman Returns is my favorite Batman movie and movie of all time.

I genuinely love the Burton films but there is a nostalgia factor. I remember vividly when I went to go see them at the theatres, being amazed, merchandise afterwards and '89 hooking me on Batman with Returns getting me into comics. Major part of my childhood!

I have special nostalgia for Batman Forever too actually. I remember going to a WB store at the mall with my parents a week before the movie came out and they got me a Forever logo shirt and Forever video game. I went to go see the movie and it was one of the first films I went to the theaters alone to see. Loved the film when it came out and a couple of months later for my birthday I got a gift card for toys r us, my dad took me and I got some cool toys like Batman and Robin two set action figures and the batmobile!

Wasn't a fan of Two-Face in Batman Forever because he felt a lot like the Joker in Batman. But yeah, WB I guess screwed the franchise up by telling Schumacher what to do, whereas Burton just fought against a lot of their decisions. Kinda sucks we didn't get a Batman and Superman movie together, would have been interesting to see Reeves and Keaton together.

This shit about the girl playing Starfire on Titans is pissing me off. The girl had to deactivate her instagram because so-called "fans" were giving her racist comments, like a shitload. And how she shouldnt be playing Starfire because of her skin tone. If the girls a good actor who the hell cares, and last I checked Starfire was black or white, she's a *censored*ing alien, she's drawn not black nor white, but of a green-orangey hue. I have no issue of whom they cast, I could understand people saying its not very character accurate, but where are they going to find a green-orangey skin toned person outside of Donald Trump? But racist remarks are uncalled for. I feel for her.

I've tried to look for racist tweets and articles with them as reference but I can't find any or any examples. The only tweet I found was from a black dude that said she wasn't that pretty. I only seen The Root and MarySue had articles up along with syfy wire. I'm not going to give the first two clicks so someone will have to let me know what they said. I'm sure to them this whole situation is just the worst.

Didn't that girl on Hunger Games get the same shit, being attacked because she's black and the character she was playing was assumed to be white? It really makes no sense here as well since Starfire is an alien.

My B, I misread the article, she still has an active Instagram, but she disabled the ability for anyone to commit because of racist remarks she'd been receiving...Here's a tweet that was provided by Comic Book Resources, which has an article on the matter..

[NEWS] Anna Diop (Starfire) has disabled her instagram comments due to disgusting racist attacks since yesterday’s https://twitter.com/hashtag/Titans?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw trailer. Racism is never okay and has no place in the DC family.

— teen titans (@badpostitans) <----- Well, that was a major failure trying to embed this lol.

And here's what I'm assuming is the show creators or someone on the production team..

adf43r.jpg

This I don't get, because they're basically saying her outfit is a disguise because shes on the run, but thats not the problem these degenerates have, it's the fact that she's black, playing a super-heroine whom they never imagined being black. Weird.

But yeah, on more positive news, HBO reportedly has "very, very, high hopes" for the pilot that was filmed for the Watchmen series. Which means, we're almost definitely getting a Watchmen series on HBO. HBO President of Programming, Casey Bloys had this to say..And I quote.

“I have very, very high hopes” about the pilot. Although HBO has yet to announced a season order for Watchmen, Bloys continued, “They did a great job. Damon wrote a phenomenal script, and Nikki Kassell did an amazing job shooting the show. I think we see it in a few weeks. So, we’ll see.”

Granted, they get to see it in four weeks, but still lol.

I don't get the story for Titans. Are all of them meeting up and teaming for the first time or are they young adults reuniting the team?

Raven in the trailer acts like she's meeting Robin for the first time ("you're the boy from the circus") so yeah. Also it's probably a origin story since Raven barely has control of her powers from the looks of it

The problem isn't so much that she's black. The problem is that she's not orange. People don't give Gamora shit for being an African American character because she's semi comic accuray about this Starfire. Cosplayers can do better jobs. Bodypainy and prosthetics would be cheaper than the sfx they used.

Outside of her the rest of the show is a shit show. Raven may be worse casting than Starfire. At least Starfire is tall and hot like her comic character.

The tone is also more akin to a parody of the characters. A grimdark Grayson goes against everything that is Grayson. It's like making Spiderman grimdark. Making Dove violent makes even less sense.

The problem isn't so much that she's black. The problem is that she's not orange. People don't give Gamora shit for being an African American character because she's semi comic accuray about this Starfire. Cosplayers can do better jobs. Bodypainy and prosthetics would be cheaper than the sfx they used.

Outside of her the rest of the show is a shit show. Raven may be worse casting than Starfire. At least Starfire is tall and hot like her comic character.

The tone is also more akin to a parody of the characters. A grimdark Grayson goes against everything that is Grayson. It's like making Spiderman grimdark. Making Dove violent makes even less sense.

It's definitely because she's black. This is something I've been following since the beginning, and the racist comments started as soon as those pics got out of them in their outfits, with the Grayson character in street clothes. If the actor was white she still wouldnt be orange. Orange people don't exist.

The issue is that shes black to a lot of people. Also people have more of an attachment to Starfire than Gamora, who was almost completely unknown to the general public and even a lot of comic fans before 2014.

That being said I dont like how any of the characters look in the show, I think it all just looks cheap.

Robin looks by far the best but it's a shame he's character is badly botched from what he's supposed to be or at least what the trailer shows, unless he changes by the end and truly goes Dick Grayson than Jason Todd.

Robin right there seems like Red Hood rather than Robin or even Nightwing

Jason Todd is going to be a character in this show too, and he'll be the Red Hood. Dunno how thats going to work, because Jason Todd, or Red Hood was brought back to life, at a time where Grayson was already Nightwing. So it'll be interesting how they do this.

I've tried to look for racist tweets and articles with them as reference but I can't find any or any examples. The only tweet I found was from a black dude that said she wasn't that pretty. I only seen The Root and MarySue had articles up along with syfy wire. I'm not going to give the first two clicks so someone will have to let me know what they said. I'm sure to them this whole situation is just the worst.

I'd imagine that when someone is involved in a controversial situation, that person will always receive the most direct kind of abuse by random people online. So a black person will get racist comments, a rape victim will get you deserve it-posts etc. It might even be a small percentage of the replies they get, but they'll get them either way.

As for Anna Diop as Starfire, it looks bad. But everything looks bad. I'd imagine that if they had casted someone latina or lightskin black or white, it'd still probably look bad.

I do think the outrage is funny after complaints about whitewashing, like in the Ghost in the Shell-situation, where you could basically bring up the same arguments in favour of or against it or even with Iron Fist, who has always been white to begin with. Now the roles are reversed. It's quite interesting to see how people react to it.

Archived