DC Cinematic Universe

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Havent seen Justice League yet, but hearing its been the worst movie (money wise) on opening weekend for the DC Verse.

It sucks to hear, because I love DC, but they could take some clues from how Marvel is running their universe. You cant take One Batman/Superman Movie (Ben Affleck suck as Batman imo) and Wonder Woman Movie, and then form the Justice League. Not to mention, you use the Flash (but use a different person than the guy who portrays him on the hit tv show thats been out for years).

Hopefully someone else gets the role of Batman, and everyone else but WW honestly, and someone can restart the DC universe.

Flash's movie is confirmed to be titled Flahpoint and Ezra Miller has mentioned in interviews that he will be tearing the DCEU apart. Flashpoint is happening after Aquaman(next DCEU film)

That movie will basically be pulling a Days of Future's Past. It'll be a huge challenge for whoever directs and writes as they don't just have to try to make a good Flash movie but reshape the film universe as well. It'll be interesting to see what leaves and stays by the end of Flashpoint and going into WW 2 and other films as the events in MOS - Aquaman will be rebooted with a new history.

Unless..Flash fixes everything in the new present by the end of Flashpoint except for minor things and thus DCEU practically stays the same and the movie was just a filler for Flash to have a solo adventure

So it's in that Justice League has tanked in the box office opening weekend suffer the same as Suicide Squad for terribly weak story

And why do DC movies always have to be so dark I'm not talking about the storyline I'm talking about the lighting

Probably to make it look gritty and more serious. I mean, the way Batman was portrayed in Batman vs Superman as someone who lost someone close to him and is more willing to kill says plenty, that's honestly dark af. Not sure about Suicide Squad though as they seemed to go for humor more than anything. But I guess villains. But I dunno how this is a bad thing.

What about on a CBM level? It's close to being a perfect CBM to me but that's because I don't care about the filmmaking aspects such as cinematography, lighting, tone,etc. I understand why people do but I just want to be entertained and have fun while eating popcorn or something.

I can very easily suspend believe and get transported to a film's world if I enjoy the action, characters, story and in this case..Comic book fantasy

the film-making aspects are important in being entertained and having fun. Without good lighting, tone, etc you may not be as entertained if the film looks off or odd even if the content itself is good.

What about on a CBM level? It's close to being a perfect CBM to me but that's because I don't care about the filmmaking aspects such as cinematography, lighting, tone,etc. I understand why people do but I just want to be entertained and have fun while eating popcorn or something.

I can very easily suspend believe and get transported to a film's world if I enjoy the action, characters, story and in this case..Comic book fantasy

the film-making aspects are important in being entertained and having fun. Without good lighting, tone, etc you may not be as entertained if the film looks off or odd even if the content itself is good.

I never think about that stuff while watching. Direction/writing and the big aspects only pop into my head to a degree after it and thinking back.

I know it's important but just don't focus on it.

Watched Justice League last friday with my lifes Partner and a good friend and we enjoyed it for what it was.

It had good action, a little bit insight to the characters (Heroes mainly), character development in the process, nice Humor at parts (Loved the interaction between Flash and Superman when he was Holding Batman).

It wasn't a epic movie or something but it was still enjoyable.

Saw Justice League, and it was an okay movie, which is sad as it should have been a great movie at the worst. Momoa was a standout, and Ezra Miller was fun as well. I did mark hard though when Superman came to save the day, but other than that... meeeh.

Damn Justice League is not doing that well financially. I expected it to be shit but I didn't expect it to not make a shit ton of money.

Competition probably played a huge part? Though, the movie itself wasn't that good, and I'm sure its prequel didn't help matters. BvS was panned, right? Movie probably did better than expected because of Momoa (who was amazing) and Wonder Woman though, I assume.

I'm looking forward to Momoa and Flash though.

Damn Justice League is not doing that well financially. I expected it to be shit but I didn't expect it to not make a shit ton of money.

Competition probably played a huge part? Though, the movie itself wasn't that good, and I'm sure its prequel didn't help matters. BvS was panned, right? Movie probably did better than expected because of Momoa (who was amazing) and Wonder Woman though, I assume.

I mean theoritically though Justice League should be crushing against a Thor movie in its 3rd or 4th week. It's been beating it but not blowing it out of the water or anything. While a Pixar movie is definitely worthy competition it's not like it's a big franchise sequel. I hadn't even heard of Coco til about a couple weeks ago (don't watch a lot of cable tv).

I don't know while I'm totally fatigued on comic book movies and reboots/sequels, I think we're entering an exciting time where critical response does play somewhat of a role in earnings for some of these big name brand blockbusters. Obviously Transformers is immune because of China loving that shit, but BvS and Justice League have both performed below expectations and I really think it has to do with the critical reponse. I hope studios start wising up.

I mean theoritically though Justice League should be crushing against a Thor movie in its 3rd or 4th week. It's been beating it but not blowing it out of the water or anything. While a Pixar movie is definitely worthy competition it's not like it's a big franchise sequel. I hadn't even heard of Coco til about a couple weeks ago (don't watch a lot of cable tv).

I don't know while I'm totally fatigued on comic book movies and reboots/sequels, I think we're entering an exciting time where critical response does play somewhat of a role in earnings for some of these big name brand blockbusters. Obviously Transformers is immune because of China loving that shit, but BvS and Justice League have both performed below expectations and I really think it has to do with the critical reponse. I hope studios start wising up.

The theory isn't sound when the Thor movie in question is considered the best Thor movie and has high ratings and mostly favorable criticisms. And you said the keyword, "franchise sequel." If this was Wonder Woman 2, no doubt it'd have been a huge hit, but I'm pretty sure BvS played a huge part in JL not doing as well as it should have, which is why a non-franchise-sequel probably did better.

It's also probably due to critical response as well, but the sequel has gotten far more praise than BvS. Can't help but feel that people are seeing the DCU films with either high expectations or in comparison to MCU films and are usually either disappointed or don't want to see DCU.

idk, just trying to discuss, I guess.

I think we're getting at the same point here. I say theoretically a Justice League movie should blow Thor out of the water because the superfriends are so deeply ingrained in pop culture and Thor is not. Which leads me to believe that even the average moviegoer is taking reviews a lot more seriously than they did even 5 years ago. I think it's a result of increased internet usage as well as increase in ticket prices. Ultimately for people who only see a few movies a year, a site like Rotten Tomatoes is just good consumer advice.

The fact that the movies are always in such flux before they are released is probably a huge problem too. Way to many hands involved in the making of the movies where a movie like Wonder Women wasn't really played with too much once it started filming and people loved it. Suicide Squad is the perfect example, they shot the movie and then saw how great Guardians of the Galaxy did then tried to reshoot and edit it to make it more like that when im sure is wasn't awful the original.

What DC needs to do is make a plan and not try to replicate Marvel. The Arrowverse works so well because its its own thing not trying to copy off of anything and the characters for the most part are all down to Earth and really likable. The DC movie universe doesn't work because it has no identity, it started off gritty now is trying to be sorta cheeky while still staying gritty.

Why the crossover works better than the movie was you actually knew the characters to the person now that you knew where that come from you know who they are

this is why the Marvel movies are kicking DC movies but it's because the Marvel movie characters already had a couple movies before they did a team up we're DC just pretty much did a team up with characters they just debuted I mean besides Superman Batman and Wonder Woman everyone is new

As a comic fan and into the mythology across all mediums, I didn't need a whole bunch of origin films as I already know everything about the characters to care about them.

However, it probably would have been much better if MOS, The Batman and Wonder Woman came out before JL and those films had cameos or easter eggs of Aquaman, Cyborg and Flash then MOS 2, WW2 and Green Lantern come out before JL 2

BvS and Suicide Squad should have been scrapped

Archived